Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup fellow idealists,

I've designed an experiment for my research methods course and would love for anyone and everyone to participate! It's just a personality questionnaire and should take no more than 5 minutes. All submissions are completely anonymous. If anything comes of it, I'll let you guys know!

https://usc.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0UPel06YFsh1Nbv

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much guys! On Monday I'll give a recap of what it's designed to measure if anyone's interested. Don't wanna do it before then because it might bias results.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Done too :) I enjoyed that :D

Reactions: brinyoung

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Thanks @brinyoung... the description matched me pretty well... nice work!! :happy:

Reactions: brinyoung

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thanks, fun survey. Good luck with whatever it is your looking for and/or Finding things that bring clarity to an idea/hypothesis.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have a theory to what this all is. I remember an experiment where this professor handed out a fake personality test to his students and then said he create personalized reports for each of them. Even though all of the reports were the same, they rated it really high. The Forer effect or Barnum? Eh this might be what it is or I may be totally off.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I don't feel like the description really matched me, but the questions were quite interesting. I didn't answer in an extreme way about the "have you ever" questions that involved feelings or experiences I rarely have, which might have affected my results if they were given more importance than they actually have.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5
1,285 Posts
I finished it, and I grinned when I saw the description because I'm pretty sure I know what this is.

As an aside: it's very accurate where it's relevant, but pretty off-base in places.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Nice to know that I'm the protagonist in *something*.

I'm not sure if I know what this is, unlike some here.

Like some here, I do think the results are off at points. I came off saying that it seemed quite a lot like me in the end, but that was largely because there were more things that I was ticking off as "yup" rather than "no." There were a few statements made at the end that seemed quite off base, enough to make me hesitate for minutes as to how much like me I ought to say it was.

BUT perhaps that's not the point even!

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
did it

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.