Personality Cafe banner

What percentage of "INTPs" on the INTP sub-forum are "real" INTPs?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
My answer: 2+π^(1/2 i (e^(-1/2 i (e^(-2 i)+e^(2 i))-(i π x)/180)-e^(1/2 i (e^(-2 i)+e^(2 i))+(i π x)/180))); x is either 4.5 or 5.1. So, 2.6844... % or 2.6922... % :dry:

·
Registered
685 Posts
0. Anyone who replies to this thread is obviously trying to overcompensate for their lack of INTPness, and those who do not are trying to stay away in the hope that their type won't be brought into question.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I know I am because:
-I'm skeptical of the poll questions and believe they are slanted. What do we really know of @Wolfrahm?
-The answers to these questions are being fed directly to the Illuminati
-These questions are being asked in an alternate universe
-Bigfoot isn't real
-Astrology is bullshit
-This thread is making me emotionless. Essentially I am a robot.
-I'm still waiting for someone to mold me so I can unleash my cold logic
-I know for a fact WW III was planned in 1871, but no one asked me, so I felt it was everyone's best interest to not know until now.
-I don't have a girlfriend because no one understands me

·
Registered
28,952 Posts
0. Anyone who replies to this thread is obviously trying to overcompensate for their lack of INTPness, and those who do not are trying to stay away in the hope that their type won't be brought into question.
The funny thing about that is it's fun to have your type questioned. Unless you are highly insecure. I've had people say I'm an ENTP or INTJ. Discuss it, I don't understand why people would be afraid.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I don't know the percentage but there are definitely mistyped people on this forum. For one thing I have noticed that more than a few people that were on here when I signed up have since changed their types and are on other forums.

I think it is entirely possible that people who feel ostracized or like they are social misfits would identify with INTP profiles. You can see the difference when it comes to functions rather than superficial things like the number of friends someone has.

There are also a lot of threads on this forum that are very S, F and E with regard to their focus. Social problems, love, relationships and the like.

Then there are the people who feel doomed to be who they are. I think a lot of people on here are also young and really have no idea who they are.

I am reluctant to tell specific people because I think that it is something they need to figure out on their own. In the end it is always good for people to try to know themselves.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Maybe I'm just too tired to recognize humor right now.

Luckily, it's quitting time. Home. Sleep.
Fair enough. We all have times where attempts at humouring us just fall flat.
I guess it's better to have a serious post on a troll thread than a troll post on a serious thread.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts