Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I am new to the community. Firstly I'd like to say that I'm Swedish, which obviously means that English isn't my first language. I'll gladly accept critism of my language/communication skills.

As you can tell by my avatar, I have accepted that both my Ti Ni, Te & Ne is fairly strong. And boy, did I spend a lot of time analyzing myself to finally come to this conclusion. I thought for a while that perhaps I was just mad... I am aware that some will not agree that it's possible to be in-between types, especially not two that use the opposite functions...

I would say that it goes in this order ("1." being what I use the most and so forth):

Dominant:
1. Ti & Ni <- Only get around 2-4% difference here and the first one has varied. I relate to them both extremly much, and use them both to around the same amount.
Auxiliary:
1. Ne 2. Te
Tertiary:
1. Fi 2. Si <- I am willing to accept that my Fi might just be PMS messing with me.
Inferior:
1. Fe 2. Se <- Fe is slightly more developed than it usually should be here, but I still couldn't leave Se out since I love the rush from a rollercoaster.

But still stronger INTP game there, which is why I decided to set that as my type on my profile. And, well... couldn't pick INTx, so.
Of course I am willing to discuss this further. Or just my sanity. Perhaps it is important to give you the information of my mental state since I am "joking" about my sanity. I am currently 20 years old, and started to suffer from depression at the age of 13 and have had a problem with it ever since. I am aware that an unhealthy INTJ might appear more lika an immature INTP for instance. But then, it would be very difficult to come to a conclusion since I have not fully recovered yet.
The way I have handled my depression has just been another problem that I need to solve on my own. Talking to a psychologist didn't do anything for me, and I was treated like an idiot who didn't understand my own problems and was interected with what seemed to me like on a 7-year old level (I was 14 during that time, but have always been more muture for my age.) So I only went once. What joy I felt when I discovered that I had severe vitamin-D deficiency, which explained my long lasting depression all those years. Something that makes sense and can be logically explained, you know? Even though my levels are OK today I still feel blue often, which is frustrating. I don't talk about my personal problems, so doing so in this sort of setting is new to me. It hurts my pride to "ask for help", but oh well.

Fair warning: It will probably take a long time until I actually respond. If not, wow, go me!

I hope to have many interesting and intellectual conversations here, btw.

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings MandaStarlight and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum MandaStarlight. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Yaybe
4,220 Posts

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Welcome, @MandaStarlight to PerC.

While I am no master of the cognitive functions, the folks over in the "What's My Type" forum can help you out better function/type wise than I can.

Anyway, a fair indication of the difference could be determined from the way you write and explain ideas.
For example, I use a lot of however, it could be, maybe, possibly, sort of, 's

Reactions: MandaStarlight

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, @Maybe!

I see. I do use a lot of those wordings while explaining ideas. It could be that I use more Ni than "the average" INTP, and can have confused a better developed inferior Fe to the tertiary Fi.

·
Yaybe
4,220 Posts
How nostalgic are you? Do you tend to keep things from your past that you just can't seem to get rid of? How often do you plan things? How strictly do you hold yourself to those plans?

Which one of these owls is your general self?

EDIT: try reading this INTP vs INTJ: 5 Ways to Truly Tell Them Apart

·
Boaz & Jachin
ESTJ; LSE-Te; 6w5; 631; Sp/Sx; DC; TN
14,734 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, okay I am pretty nostalgic. Especially when it comes to negative experiences and music. But will not dwell for a long time, since that would get boring.
I usually make a lot of plans and enjoy strategic games and am pretty good at it, and can change my planning if needed without a problem.

It's possible that what's happened here is that my ESTJ mother has rubbed off a lot on her thinking process which is why it was conflicting, I tend to think that I have to impliment things otherwise it's meaningless, but in reality I just wants to understand and find the true meaning personally. I have a slightly more developed Fe, and what I assumed to be Fi has to be PMS switching things around a bit, like already mentioned since I do get a lot of emotional outbursts during that time rather than focusing quietly on my own feelings and feeling bad for myself etc. It might be that because female T's overall are forced to face their F on a regular basis because of the biological difference, could be why those females tend to have a slightly higher F. Or perhaps it could also be the other way around, if they never can use that time to understand it better so they will instead feel frustarated with themselves.
The dressing description of an INTP is indeed accurate. I got into fashioncore and other alternative styles in early teens just because it was fun to stand out and not looking socially accepted, and I couldn't care less about the prejudice those with similar styles got. I was still not stereotypical that either since I never cared for make-up and liked to go outside of a specific style as well just because. But yeah, basically people called me "emo" even though that didn't actually fit me. I've never experienced the pressure from beauty expectations, which made me very odd throughout middle school and high school since most females only talked about theirs and others look, what's in style. "Eyebrows on fleek" ugh. I just don't care. I do use some clothes for personal expressions as well.

Thank you @Maybe for helping clearing things out for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts