Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Stressful time, anxiety(?),

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it. https://www.flickr.com/photos/mtsign/17644127442/in/explore-2015-05-14/
Its gorgeous. I think the place would be a good place to sit and write stories. Its a little dark so perhaps you can't make out all the details, but this makes the light from the clouds seem more effective. I also feel like I would prefer it if the light was hitting the towns instead of the fields.. I think this is because they just seem a little too empty for some reason. Finally, I love the little patch of rainbow tinted light in the top left hand corner, its unique and I find it interesting.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

My initial thoughts are: What can we do to fix this situation? (e.g how do we sort the car out and how do we get to the concert?). I'd would also worry that we weren't going to get to the concert,(and if it became evident that we weren't i'd probably be disappointed/upset). If the other people in the car were worrying I would probably try and be optimistic and re-assure them.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Well, firstly I wouldn't trust the driver 100% on their promise that they wouldn't drink, (unless I knew them very well and knew for certain that they wouldn't) so i'd be slightly concerned about that/ planning ways to get back home in-case they did. I guess a party would be alright, In reality i'd probably feel really awkward if I was left alone with strangers or people I didn't know so well, so i'd feel a little anxious about that, but it'd probably be a good experience to help me try and get over that and meet interesting new people.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Inwardly I understand that people have different beliefs, and that having different beliefs is important. However, I would probably argue/debate their claim a little (okay... maybe a lot...) to see how strong it is and to compare it with my current belief. I would try and understand their point of view while still keeping my own, and if their point of view made more sense I would change my belief/consider changing my belief.
An example of this is the fact that both of my parents ('Isfj' and 'Infp') agree with the death penalty. I strongly disagree with the death penalty. We were having a discussion about it and they did make some valid points, and so I re-considered my viewpoint, trying to find a point that would cancel out theirs, I managed to find one and so kept my belief.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

This really really depends on the situation.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Not injuring animals (unless for food etc.), they are innocent and so I believe it is unfair to hurt them for fun. I know that the fact that we are nurturing these animals might go against survival of the fittest etc. But I don't think it humane if we take their consciousness from them for fun. Particularly when they may not be aware of the concept of death/ what is happening to them. There is also the issue of destroying food chains and ecosystems which could lead to the depletion of our resources and even the extinction of medicinal plants that we may not have yet discovered.
No bullying tolerance. Difference should be encouraged and appreciated. If we didn't have difference we wouldn't be here today.
I'd say the two above would be extremely hard to change, however I do have other values that people could try and change through reasoning and generally explanation of their viewpoint.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
Ummm.... I'm not sure? Maybe the fact that I tend to challenge my own ideas and views alot? This often makes it difficult to make decisions, but it also tells me when something isn't going to work. For the second one I would say worrying so much, but this isn't always a bad thing, in some ways it just makes me more aware of things.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I usually take note of them, but do not act on them until I have further evidence to suggest that they could be right.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Having positive/funny conversations with people I know well. Getting to know someone and having positive interactions with them. Doing well at things e.g exam, music. Beating people at things (i'm a competitive person), making progress in things and understanding new things. When I improvise and it turns out well.

Having negative conversations with people I don't know well. Going on outings with people, having to make small talk constantly with people , having to act in a certain way (because it tends to take a lot of effort and it usually isn't as rewarding as being yourself). Memorizing things, falling behind/not making progress in things.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I have learned that some people dislike to be corrected on certain things and so to not try and correct these people. Or if I have to, to try and do it in a friendly way so as not to seem patronizing/so it is not received in a negative way.
I also have to try and stop my self from going on about topics that I am interested in for long periods of time, because most people get bored and fed-up. (For instance, parents get bored when I try and have long conversations with them about MBTI/Philosophy). I am getting better at this, but its still hard.
I have to try and be more positive than I may be at the time, I still need to work on this alot. The reasoning is that people get fed-up with and drained by negative people.
I tend to try and observe people to get a good understanding of who they are etc, this can come off to some people as confusing/ weird but it gives me a good idea of how they will react to certain things, its basically my way of getting to know people, and until I have done this and achieved a good idea of who they are, I am unlikely to feel comfortable around them.
I try not to make this obvious, I wasn't aware that it was obvious until an Entp(?) friend asked me 'why were you staring at me?', I replied that I didn't realize I was and he explained that he thought that I was trying to find a good time to say Hi or something, so it obviously confused him a little. And it was pretty embarrassing so im trying to be less obvious from now on.

I am also apparently quite bad at writing about myself, because this has taken nearly two hours. xD D:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Functionally you seem pretty balanced (in my opinion) I say INTP. You could be an ISTJ. I'm no expert though, so maybe someone else will have a better idea. I just go off people I know, and the functions. Since you seem fairly balanced and I can't see any real thing sticking out functionally, it's difficult for me to pick small things out. Maybe someone else can, good luck!

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
I'm not sure. Maybe...ISFJ? I'm not very good at typing; hopefully you'll get more activity on this thread :/

Reactions: RoseateThorns

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both!
I've thought about Intp before, and I tend to relate to them quite a bit (more than most other types). However, I feel like I tend to be more emotional than Intp's are usually portrayed to be.
I will have a look at Istj. :)
Isfj is a possibility, but for some reason I don't find myself relating to them as much as some of the other personality types.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it helps, when I do activities such as piano and going for walks (unless i'm really stressed, and then I pay attention to the scenery etc) I usually just think about the past events of the day, or sometimes future situations, e.g thinking about what my response would be to a certain situation.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@RoseateMist, who are your favorite music artists and why? What about them?
I don't really have favourite artists, I more have favourite songs, but these switch around quite often. I like some songs because they remind me of situations in the past where the song has been playing, I like some songs because I can relate to them depending on where I am in my life, I like some songs because although I can't relate to them, I can understand them and the meaning behind them. In addition I like trying to figure out hidden meanings in lyrics :p (I try and understand the meaning of lyrics a lot). I like some songs because of the melody/key and some because I know they're technically difficult.

In terms of artists, I like it when they can bring energy and enthusiasm to the stage, when they sound amazing as well as technically accurate live, and when they write interesting songs. However, if I don't like the songs I'm probably not going to be very interested in the artist tbh, I may still be able to appreciate that they're good, but it's not really the same. :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
@RoseateMist here are some questions for you. Please elaborate in your answers.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it. https://www.flickr.com/photos/mtsign...re-2015-05-14/
Its gorgeous. I think the place would be a good place to sit and write stories. Its a little dark so perhaps you can't make out all the details, but this makes the light from the clouds seem more effective. I also feel like I would prefer it if the light was hitting the towns instead of the fields.. I think this is because they just seem a little too empty for some reason. Finally, I love the little patch of rainbow tinted light in the top left hand corner, its unique and I find it interesting.
Please you tell us why this is interesting.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

My initial thoughts are: What can we do to fix this situation? (e.g how do we sort the car out and how do we get to the concert?). I'd would also worry that we weren't going to get to the concert,(and if it became evident that we weren't i'd probably be disappointed/upset). If the other people in the car were worrying I would probably try and be optimistic and re-assure them.
Why is it important to reassure the other people? Is this something you do often?

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
Ummm.... I'm not sure? Maybe the fact that I tend to challenge my own ideas and views alot? This often makes it difficult to make decisions, but it also tells me when something isn't going to work. For the second one I would say worrying so much, but this isn't always a bad thing, in some ways it just makes me more aware of things.
Why do you challenge your own ideas and views a lot?
Also what sorts of things do you worry about?

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Having positive/funny conversations with people I know well. Getting to know someone and having positive interactions with them. Doing well at things e.g exam, music. Beating people at things (i'm a competitive person), making progress in things and understanding new things. When I improvise and it turns out well.

Having negative conversations with people I don't know well. Going on outings with people, having to make small talk constantly with people , having to act in a certain way (because it tends to take a lot of effort and it usually isn't as rewarding as being yourself). Memorizing things, falling behind/not making progress in things.
What is it like to have a positive conversation or interaction?
What is it like to have to act in "a certain way"?

I have learned that some people dislike to be corrected on certain things and so to not try and correct these people. Or if I have to, to try and do it in a friendly way so as not to seem patronizing/so it is not received in a negative way.
If you were certain that the other person would not dislike being corrected would you enjoy correcting them?

I also have to try and stop my self from going on about topics that I am interested in for long periods of time, because most people get bored and fed-up. (For instance, parents get bored when I try and have long conversations with them about MBTI/Philosophy). I am getting better at this, but its still hard.
I have to try and be more positive than I may be at the time, I still need to work on this alot. The reasoning is that people get fed-up with and drained by negative people.
Tell us more about this negativity.
What do you find yourself doing when there are negative people in the group?

I tend to try and observe people to get a good understanding of who they are etc, this can come off to some people as confusing/ weird but it gives me a good idea of how they will react to certain things, its basically my way of getting to know people, and until I have done this and achieved a good idea of who they are, I am unlikely to feel comfortable around them.
Do you spend a lot of time trying to understand people?
Do you do this even when you are by yourself?
What is the experience like?

Is it ok to be flexible with your opinions to get along in a group?

What sorts of topics would you enjoy talking to people about?

You have been given the "Most valuable person on earth" award. What did you do to deserve the honour?

You are at a social event where you notice that one of the people is acting up. Would this bother you? Why or why not?

Do you like things resolved and decisions made quickly or do you prefer to leave things undecided for as long as possible?

What do you think about most of the time?

Is it important to adapt to the person that you are interacting with?

If you were in a position of authority over people what would your goals be when exercising that authority?

What is the benefit of understanding people and their motivations?

Are you concerned about other people's opinions of you?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
@robert666
Please you tell us why this is interesting.
1. It looks as if it wasn't supposed to be there but it still fits the image reasonably well.

Why is it important to reassure the other people? Is this something you do often?
2. Tbh i'm not really sure. Unless there's a stable mood in the group things probably wouldn't go well, e.g people acting out of disappointment/anger rather than common sense, and therefore the problem would be less likely to get fixed as effectively and quickly as possible. In addition, even if we didn't get to the concert if everyone was in a relatively good mood it could still be a nice outing/day. Finally, they may need to talk about/express how they're feeling so that they can feel better. In a way, I feel its my partly my responsibility to help them to feel better, because i'm in a situation where I can try to.
Edit: Thinking about this more, I think its because when you help people you tend to become closer to them, and hence you'll be better friends etc.

Why do you challenge your own ideas and views a lot?
Also what sorts of things do you worry about?
3. If I didn't challenge my own ideas I wouldn't be able to reach accurate outcomes. Challenging my ideas helps me find flaws in my arguments, and hence be able to improve them.

4. Exams, Other people (How they will respond etc), health-related stuff, Managing to do stuff on time, Remembering things, Failing stuff, death, getting older, wasting my life, things that I've said or done etc, what is the best . Other daily things that vary greatly.

What is it like to have a positive conversation or interaction?
What is it like to have to act in "a certain way"?
5. For me its an interaction that isn't awkward and I generally come away from it feeling positive (e.g happy) rather than worrying about things that I said etc.

6. Just kinda twisting/changing your personality to fit into a setting/ to be accepted into a situation. Sometimes it can be fun to try and see if I can convince people, and also just to escape having to give the same responses to things all the time. E.g you get to see peoples different reactions to things. However over long periods of time it can be very draining and you tend to slip back into your own personality. (e.g I could pretend dress a certain way and love a certain thing for a while, to the point where I actually do enjoy these things, but after a while my normal dress style and things start taking over again.)

If you were certain that the other person would not dislike being corrected would you enjoy correcting them?
7. Yes.

Tell us more about this negativity.
What do you find yourself doing when there are negative people in the group?
8. For instance if i'm feeling stressed/sad etc etc I'm now starting to try and hide it more.
I don't think you necessarily get negative people, but instead people that are negative a lot. For instance if someone was sad a lot I personally would try and cheer them up and eventually find methods that cheered them up the majority of the time. If I didn't find these methods however, I would find it draining trying to cheer them up all the time.
I'm not sure if this is how others feel? I've just noticed that certain people seem to move away from people who are more negative.
(Thank goodness I also have a group of friends who in general are not like this.)

9. Yes. I usually try and understand them by trying to relate them to my self and others that I know, but if I find very little to relate to them with/they are not like people I have been close to before, It can be kinda hard to understand them, and I find my self making assumptions that are not usually the case. I'm trying to fix this by learning about how these different people react and respond, and just how they think in general. Mbti has helped me with this. But i'm still learning. (Most of my life I have been surrounded by feelers (both parents, most friends etc), and now that I have a relatively new (I've known her for about a year) best friend who i'm fairly sure is a thinker, it can be strange and sometimes I miss-interpret things (as I have noticed lots of other people do), but i'm getting better at it. :)
So yeah, its important to me to understand people because otherwise I can't connect to them well. And yes, I do this when I am by my self (not really by talking to people, but through books, youtube, films and things like mbti.)
People are confusing :frustrating:, but I also find them interesting.

10. I'm not sure. I do this, but i'm not sure if its the best thing to do.

11. Philosophical topics are interesting, but with people I don't know I kinda worry that they are going to get bored/ this is going to be a negative interaction for them. I like it when people suggest things/viewpoints that I may not have thought of before. I like debate discussions. I love chatting about most things with people i'm close to tbh. :)

You have been given the "Most valuable person on earth" award. What did you do to deserve the honour?

You are at a social event where you notice that one of the people is acting up. Would this bother you? Why or why not?
12. I don't agree that there can be a "most valuable person on earth", but I probably would have figured some philosophical answer out?

13. Yes, i'd want to know why they were acting up, and not knowing would bother me.

Do you like things resolved and decisions made quickly or do you prefer to leave things undecided for as long as possible?

What do you think about most of the time?

14. Undecided for as long as possible.

I have to go right now, but i'll answer the others later, I also apologize for my spelling and grammar.

Edit: Part 2:

15. Ahh... I'm not sure, I think about a lot and so forget most of it tbh.

Is it important to adapt to the person that you are interacting with?

If you were in a position of authority over people what would your goals be when exercising that authority?
16. Not necessarily, I feel like I will always do this to some extent, but i'm sometimes better recieved when I don't adapt.

17. I'd make sure the people were working hard and being efficient, (funnily enough, I struggle to do this myself).

18. The ability to connect with people. (For me its like learning a language.)

19. Yes. However i'm trying to work on this a bit because lately its been on the extreme end (worrying about what people think of me) and because it wastes so much time and energy and brain power, and it makes me feel negative.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have done this now. :)
Thanks, that sure makes it a lot easier to follow. Now I have some more questions for you.

In addition, even if we didn't get to the concert if everyone was in a relatively good mood it could still be a nice outing/day.
Do you normally focus on the mood of the social group that you are in?

In a way, I feel its my partly my responsibility to help them to feel better, because i'm in a situation where I can try to.
Do you usually take on the responsibility of helping people in a group to feel better?

Sometimes it can be fun to try and see if I can convince people, and also just to escape having to give the same responses to things all the time. E.g you get to see peoples different reactions to things.
Please clarify what you mean by trying to convince people.
What do you mean by giving the same responses?

Undecided for as long as possible.
Why is it important to leave things decided for as long as possible? Can you give examples of situations where you leave things undecided.

How would you like to be remembered after you are gone?

Do you find it easy to recognize your own emotions or do you find it easier to figure out by talking to someone else about it?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@robert666

Yeah, usually. :)

Do you usually take on the responsibility of helping people in a group to feel better?
It depends, if someone else in the group is closer then i'll let them do it. If not I try to cheer them up, but I always feel a bit awkward when doing it (like not really sure what to say etc).

Trying to see if people accept this personality as me.
What do you mean by giving the same responses?[/QUOTE]

E.g if someone asks your opinion on something and you can say things that you wouldn't normally be expected to say. (e.g things people who know you wouldn't expect.)

Why is it important to leave things decided for as long as possible? Can you give examples of situations where you leave things undecided.
So you can think things through and think through all the options. I do this mostly when making decisions about the direction my life is going to head in.

How would you like to be remembered after you are gone?
I'd like my words to be remembered. This is because I think in a way, it would be like a little piece of my mind was still alive.

Do you find it easy to recognize your own emotions or do you find it easier to figure out by talking to someone else about it?
Definitely by talking about them. I don't usually figure my emotions out until they become pretty strong. When i'm emotional its a very outward thing rather than inward (e.g crying.) . I sometimes try and analyse (try and figure out what caused them, and how I can fix it) inwardly, but I figure them out best by talking to others.

·
Registered
159 Posts
@RoseateMist the response to one of the questions confuses me a bit.

So you can think things through and think through all the options. I do this mostly when making decisions about the direction my life is going to head in.
I'm not sure if it would be your response in most situations or is it just in some cases, so I have some more questions for you to clarify that.

Please give a few more examples of situations where you actually prefer to leave things undecided as long as possible.

When you have made a decision do you prefer to stick with it or do you consider it to be changeable?

Do you usually finish projects that you have started or do you usually leave them unfinished?

Are you more spontaneous or are you more self-disciplined?

Do you get your work done before playing, or do you mix work and play?

Do you feel more comfortable having certainty in things or are you more comfortable having more options?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@robert666

Sorry for taking a while. I've been sick. :frustrating:

Please give a few more examples of situations where you actually prefer to leave things undecided as long as possible.
For instance: Choosing career path. Choosing between two options (e.g should I buy white or cream card. (In this case I would weigh up both options, choosing the one that would be most appropriate for the situation.)

On the other hand, when deciding what to do for the day, I'd prefer to just to just make the decision quickly and do whatever. Unless it was the last day somewhere and I wanted to do something completely different to another person, In which case i'd probably have a discussion and try and persuade them.

So I guess it isn't in all cases.

When you have made a decision do you prefer to stick with it or do you consider it to be changeable?
I prefer to stick to it, unless I find a really good reason to change, in which case I usually have no problem changing. (E.g if I find something to wear to an occasion, and then find something that fits the occasion a lot better. Or if I arranged to meet up with a friend, but then a family member died.

Do you usually finish projects that you have started or do you usually leave them unfinished?
Unfinished. Unless I have to do something to present to other people, there is a 98% chance that its unfinished. To be honest, even when presenting to other people I sometimes leave the projects unfinished till the night before and then rush the last details.
Self-disciplined. I found out I had serious food allergies at a early age so I've had to be. I've led a relatively normal life, but I can't be like 'I'll just go and do (or eat) that thing' with out considering the risks first, because there's a chance that I could die. This has rubbed off into other aspects of my life, and I do tend to heavily consider the risks of something before I do it. And hence, tend to be more self-disciplined than spontaneous.

Do you get your work done before playing, or do you mix work and play?
Mix.

Do you feel more comfortable having certainty in things or are you more comfortable having more options?
I guess having more options. I don't like to feel like I'm trapped doing things. I mean, obviously there are occasions when it would be better to have certainty in things (e.g not being attacked/ having a stable job) but I'd like to have the freedom to be able to change things too, because otherwise I would feel trapped, and that would cause discomfort.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry for taking a while. I've been sick. :frustrating:
I hope you're feeling much better.

Here's my assessment of your type.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Well, firstly I wouldn't trust the driver 100% on their promise that they wouldn't drink, (unless I knew them very well and knew for certain that they wouldn't) so i'd be slightly concerned about that/ planning ways to get back home in-case they did. I guess a party would be alright, In reality i'd probably feel really awkward if I was left alone with strangers or people I didn't know so well, so i'd feel a little anxious about that, but it'd probably be a good experience to help me try and get over that and meet interesting new people.
Seems I.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I try not to make this obvious, I wasn't aware that it was obvious until an Entp(?) friend asked me 'why were you staring at me?', I replied that I didn't realize I was and he explained that he thought that I was trying to find a good time to say Hi or something, so it obviously confused him a little. And it was pretty embarrassing so im trying to be less obvious from now on.
Seems I and seems NF.

I don't really have favourite artists, I more have favourite songs, but these switch around quite often. I like some songs because they remind me of situations in the past where the song has been playing, I like some songs because I can relate to them depending on where I am in my life, I like some songs because although I can't relate to them, I can understand them and the meaning behind them. In addition I like trying to figure out hidden meanings in lyrics :p (I try and understand the meaning of lyrics a lot). I like some songs because of the melody/key and some because I know they're technically difficult.
Seems N.

2. Tbh i'm not really sure. Unless there's a stable mood in the group things probably wouldn't go well, e.g people acting out of disappointment/anger rather than common sense, and therefore the problem would be less likely to get fixed as effectively and quickly as possible. In addition, even if we didn't get to the concert if everyone was in a relatively good mood it could still be a nice outing/day. Finally, they may need to talk about/express how they're feeling so that they can feel better. In a way, I feel its my partly my responsibility to help them to feel better, because i'm in a situation where I can try to.
Edit: Thinking about this more, I think its because when you help people you tend to become closer to them, and hence you'll be better friends etc.
Seems FJ.

9. Yes. I usually try and understand them by trying to relate them to my self and others that I know, but if I find very little to relate to them with/they are not like people I have been close to before, It can be kinda hard to understand them, and I find my self making assumptions that are not usually the case. I'm trying to fix this by learning about how these different people react and respond, and just how they think in general. Mbti has helped me with this. But i'm still learning. (Most of my life I have been surrounded by feelers (both parents, most friends etc), and now that I have a relatively new (I've known her for about a year) best friend who i'm fairly sure is a thinker, it can be strange and sometimes I miss-interpret things (as I have noticed lots of other people do), but i'm getting better at it. :)
So yeah, its important to me to understand people because otherwise I can't connect to them well. And yes, I do this when I am by my self (not really by talking to people, but through books, youtube, films and things like mbti.)
People are confusing , but I also find them interesting.
Seems NF.

10. I'm not sure. I do this, but i'm not sure if its the best thing to do.

11. Philosophical topics are interesting, but with people I don't know I kinda worry that they are going to get bored/ this is going to be a negative interaction for them. I like it when people suggest things/viewpoints that I may not have thought of before. I like debate discussions. I love chatting about most things with people i'm close to tbh. :)
Seems FJ and seems N.

18. The ability to connect with people. (For me its like learning a language.)

19. Yes. However i'm trying to work on this a bit because lately its been on the extreme end (worrying about what people think of me) and because it wastes so much time and energy and brain power, and it makes me feel negative.
Seems FJ.

Yeah, usually. :)
Seems FJ.

It depends, if someone else in the group is closer then i'll let them do it. If not I try to cheer them up, but I always feel a bit awkward when doing it (like not really sure what to say etc).
Seems FJ.

Trying to see if people accept this personality as me.
Seems FJ.

What do you mean by giving the same responses?

E.g if someone asks your opinion on something and you can say things that you wouldn't normally be expected to say. (e.g things people who know you wouldn't expect.)
Seems FJ.

Definitely by talking about them. I don't usually figure my emotions out until they become pretty strong. When i'm emotional its a very outward thing rather than inward (e.g crying.) . I sometimes try and analyse (try and figure out what caused them, and how I can fix it) inwardly, but I figure them out best by talking to others.
Seems Fe rather than Fi.

I prefer to stick to it, unless I find a really good reason to change, in which case I usually have no problem changing. (E.g if I find something to wear to an occasion, and then find something that fits the occasion a lot better. Or if I arranged to meet up with a friend, but then a family member died.
Seems J.

Unfinished. Unless I have to do something to present to other people, there is a 98% chance that its unfinished. To be honest, even when presenting to other people I sometimes leave the projects unfinished till the night before and then rush the last details.
Seems P.

Self-disciplined. I found out I had serious food allergies at a early age so I've had to be. I've led a relatively normal life, but I can't be like 'I'll just go and do (or eat) that thing' with out considering the risks first, because there's a chance that I could die. This has rubbed off into other aspects of my life, and I do tend to heavily consider the risks of something before I do it. And hence, tend to be more self-disciplined than spontaneous.
Seems J.

I guess having more options. I don't like to feel like I'm trapped doing things. I mean, obviously there are occasions when it would be better to have certainty in things (e.g not being attacked/ having a stable job) but I'd like to have the freedom to be able to change things too, because otherwise I would feel trapped, and that would cause discomfort.
Seems P.

I am typing you as INFJ.

You prefer Fe over Fi. This can be seen in your adapting to the person or group that you are dealing with. Your opinions are flexible depending on the group and you are focused on the emotional state of those around you, ready to intervene to maintain group harmony. You also find it easier to recognize your emotions by talking to someone else about them.
You have a preference for N over S, based on your interest in abstract topics and wanting to understand what makes people tick.
Your P vs J preference is not as obvious as the other preferences, but it might be due to the wording of the questions.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts