Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't explain who my other half is without getting personal, so I would rather avoid that so instead, could any of you please explain to me what an Infj male is like and how you know you are with one or know one? Thank you!

· Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Value driven, overly complicated at times when a simple answer is in plain sight, caring and kind, different, deep, emotional but guarded, observant, intuitive, idealistic, hopeful, future-oriented. Excellent non-verbal communication.

I don't run into many infj males. I would say that when I do run into an infj, it's more a vibe that I detect. For example, I helped a fellow INFJ with some schoolwork, and after a while, she sat there puzzled thinking "how do you get me? Nobody gets me." She never said it out loud, just with her eyes.

However, not every INFJ is a type 4 or sx/sp so I don't expect them all to behave like me. That's why I stuck to general characteristics.

Also, if you want to kearn more about the INFJ, there are some excellent articles in the subforum "INFJ Articles". (do they have these in every type?)

I thought the article about how stress brings out the hidden personality of the infj was excellent.
http://personalitycafe.com/infj-art...ress-brings-out-infjs-hidden-personality.html

Awesome, thank you :) Would an Infj do anything for their lover, even if the lover is being mean or cruel to them, would they still feed them or look out for their well being?

· Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This.

If there is a valid reason for behavior, any personality type is capable of loving the unlovable. There are certainly cases of elderly couples dealing with the challenges of Alzheimers and dementia. However, I don't see a healthy INFJ ever getting into a harmful relationship in the first place. We tend to have fairly good intuition about people. I can be fooled by a very skilled person, but there aren't that many socially-skilled people in the world.

I also think some of this transcends personality type and delves into questions of mental disorders and general intelligence.
Hey hey, everyone is lovable, though :( or at least I think so >.<

· Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I only remember one infj who acted this way. He stayed with someone who used him and he didn't even see it and now he is married to her.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.