Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Macabre
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya. I want ideas of things to watch. In anime i've liked higurashi, elfen lied, and serial experiments lain. In movies i'm more diverse. Dr. Strangelove, 28dayslater, most j-horror, se7en, black swan, most dark comedy or philosophical/psychological horror/thriller.

Any help will get hugs! :kitteh:

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
FLCL is one of most bizzarre-but-awesomely-animated-and-produced animes I've ever watched. Samurai Champloo is also a really cool anime, when it's being serious and not tongue-in-cheek (they had a whole episode about... baseball. It was supposed to be funny... I guess...?)

·
Registered
145 Posts
try this one first ^^
Black Lagoon

Reactions: Coburn

·
Banned
2,469 Posts
Baccano!
Durarara!!
Claymore
Amadeus (Not an anime, but good)
(It is a privilege to be ignorant of Death Note... *sigh... If I could erase my memory...)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Stein's Gate is a good one.

Reactions: eunoia and sanari

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I'd recommend Another. It's a pretty short series (12 episodes), but it keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time.

·
Banned
1,970 Posts
You might enjoy Zombieland and Evil Dead/Army of Darkness.

·
The Macabre
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys! Thanks for all the help! HUGZ. I watched death note but never was a fan. Chobits was good, I watched that and CLANAAD today. They were both good. I got reccomended Ergo Proxy from a friend. Is that any good?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Deadman Wonderland is also a suitable suggestion.

Reactions: OreoBlizzard

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Deadman Wonderland is also a suitable suggestion.
Too bad the season never technically 'finished'. T.T

Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (the story starts the same but branches off)
Code Geass
Death Note
Hellsing
Angel Beats!
Monster

·
The Macabre
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks, guys. I think i've found what i like. I just now got addicted to Monster...

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you liked Higurashi, I think you're gonna really enjoy Deadman Wonderland and Mirai Nikki.they're both "oh my god blow my mind why don't you" animes xD

And just in general, I really loved Samurai Champloo and To Aru Majutsu no Index, if you're looking for badarsery and great humor.

WHERESMYHUG

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you liked Clannad then you should try out Kanon (2006), I've heard that they are both extremely similar.

·
The Macabre
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you liked Higurashi, I think you're gonna really enjoy Deadman Wonderland and Mirai Nikki.they're both "oh my god blow my mind why don't you" animes xD

And just in general, I really loved Samurai Champloo and To Aru Majutsu no Index, if you're looking for badarsery and great humor.

WHERESMYHUG
HUG!!!! I forgot i promised that. Hugs to all of you! Because I'm Lazy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Death Note
High school student Light Yagami discovers a supernatural notebook, the "Death Note", dropped on Earth by a shinigami (a god of death) named Ryuk. The Death Note grants its user the ability to kill anyone whose name and face they know, by writing the name in the notebook while picturing their face. The series centers around Light's attempt to create and rule a world "cleansed of evil" as "God" using the notebook, and the efforts of a detective known as L to stop him.

Baccano!
The series is mostly set within a fictional United States during various time periods, most notably the Prohibition era. It focuses on various people, including alchemists, thieves, thugs, Mafiosi and Camorristi, who are unconnected to one another. After an immortality elixir is recreated in 1930 Manhattan, the characters begin to cross paths, setting off events that spiral further and further out of control.

FLCL
Naota's life is interrupted by the arrival of Haruko Haruhara who bursts on the scene by running Naota over with her Vespa scooter and hitting him on the head with a guitar. Since then, Giant Robots from Medical Mechanica have been coming out of Naota's head. Haruko is using Naota for her search for the Pirate King, because Naota's head is the only one that can create a passageway for the robots. It also puts her at odds with Medical Mechanica, the monolithic industrial corporation. At the same time, Naota is being watched by Commander Amarao, who believes that Medical Mechanica is out to conquer the galaxy. The combination of circumstances gets Naota involved in a three-way battle between Haruko, Amarao and Medical Mechanica.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts