Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wish people will stop going around judging others for their perceived immoralities because when people are born, they don't say "I'm going to grow up to be a terrorist, murderer, rapist, etc". Cruelly random things just happen to them and they become that way.

And if the same things happened to you, you'd become like that too. Unless you can put yourself in their shoes, and see the world through their eyes, don't judge them. or UNLESS you can prove that there's not a single bone in you that can be corrupted, don't judge them.

Judges in courts of law decide how to punish criminals, and lock them away because yes, they are a danger to society. But to judge their morality, their character - to place your humanity above theirs...

Even Jesus walked among the outcasts and miscreants of society. He died in the place of a bandit and was crucified between two thieves. Even a person as pure as Him wasn't condescending towards them.

I'm not trying to be a fanatic Hillsong basher here but I'm just trying to illustrate my point.

Or maybe it's just that I'm a really bad person who uses cynicism (no one is good and perfect) to protect himself against the strain of having to change for the better.

But anyway, what do you guys think? Is it okay to be a moral nazi all the time? Is it okay to see both sides of the coin all the time? Fight it out here!

*grabs popcorn and that cap thingy with soft drink holders attached to the sides*

·
Registered
619 Posts
It's only natural to judge someone, but I do agree that jumping into conclusions is not the way to go. Knowing why they're that way is needed to see the back story behind them. Only then, will you see this person's side of their life story. I do believe that everyone is capable to do good, and in the end they choose not to. That decision is theirs and I wish I could oh so help, but if they choose not to accept it, then so be it.

Hmmmm. I don't think being a moral nazi is healthy. It's fine to stick to your morals and commit to them, but no to the point of obsession with your morals. (That's what I believe is a moral nazi.) Not only should you see both side of the coin, but I consider that you should see the coin in different angles.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i hold myself to high standards bt not so much other people. i just kinda see people wih no morals as a step below me i feel more pity than anger towards them. they don't think the way us INFPs think to them it simple "i'm good anyone against me is bad" we have the ability to think about our own actions and we can be self critical. there nothing wrong with trying to be as good as you can but know that you cannot b perfect.
do what you can because thats all you can do

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I don't judge, I perceive.

Way I see it as long as you're not hurting anyone, anything goes.

Reactions: android654

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm usually one to be very patient with both sides of an issue. Although I don't know if any of you have seen the cover of the most recent Time Magazine, with the picture of the Afghan girl who had her nose and ears cut off by the Taliban for disobeying her parents. The magazine was sitting on my kitchen table when I came back from work last night and it just sent me into this internal rage and I just wanted to run over there fucking torture every single islamofuck with my bare hands. But I guess that does kind of come back to the point of moral nazism. That's what they're trying to be and it's just absolutely disgusting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts