1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Welcome and glad to have you here.:happy:

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've been lurking around the ISTJ forum for the past couple of days and I think it's time to jump in.
Moves out of the way, be careful where you are jumping!!

Anyway welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello person with the awesome coat :happy: Welcome.

How did you get started on MBTI?
We had do take a Myers Briggs test in college for one of my classes, but my professor seemed to imply that extroverts were healthy and normal, but introverts were messed up and needed counseling. I did a little research about the test, and found out that she is an idiot. I stumbled onto this forum when one of my friends told me she had to take the test for her job, and her results, along with those of everyone else that works there, are stored in her company's intraweb. Curious, I retook the test, and Google led me to you wonderful people...

·
Registered
421 Posts
We had do take a Myers Briggs test in college for one of my classes, but my professor seemed to imply that extroverts were healthy and normal, but introverts were messed up and needed counseling. I did a little research about the test, and found out that she is an idiot. I stumbled onto this forum when one of my friends told me she had to take the test for her job, and her results, along with those of everyone else that works there, are stored in her company's intraweb. Curious, I retook the test, and Google led me to you wonderful people...
Now that view is messed up. Though perhaps she was referring to extreme introverts? The ones who don't venture into daylight? (If they exist). The professor was probably an extrovert then.

That's interesting how your friend's workplace stores those results. I definitely think that knowing someone's personality type can help you to work better with them.

I stumbled across MBTI about a month ago after a friend got me to take the test.

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
Messed up?!! Oh ... BS on that. Maybe SHE was the messed up one due to her narrow-minded viewpoint. Just because there are more of them than there are of us doesn't mean that sort of mob mentality is right.

/rant

·
Registered
335 Posts
hi KMitch. glad you've found us.

my former teacher from over 20 years ago, the coolest teacher ever and with whom i still have contact, would never say such a thing.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I really dislike when people have that attitude towards introverts. I am reading a book on Jung and he hints towards extroverted being a vulnerability. Here is the quote from the book. "Jung terms Extraversion the trend of the libido recognized by Freud, which is characterized by an openness-one might even say a vulnerability-of the subject to the object: thinking, feeling, and acting in relation, willy-nilly, to the claims or appeal of the object. Introversion, on the other hand, is the trend recognized by Alder, which is characterized by a concentration of interest in the subject: thinking, feeling and acting in relation primarily to the interests- concerns, aims, feelings, and thought process- of oneself".

Anyways, welcome to the forums :p

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welcome to the boards! :happy:

I'm sorry to hear about your professor ; that would really urk me as well(I have teachers who think the same thing too :dry:)

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Messed up?!! Oh ... BS on that. Maybe SHE was the messed up one due to her narrow-minded viewpoint. Just because there are more of them than there are of us doesn't mean that sort of mob mentality is right.

/rant
ANGRY SELA IS ANGRY.

Angry Sela is funny to me :laughing:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts