Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hai guise, world is ending 5.21.2011, so you'd better fucking repent!

On a more serious note, please believe me when i say not all Christians are this stupid. I wonder if Harold Camping is even aware of the damage he does to his faith by propagating this sort of imbecility. He's got to at least suspect his bizarre equation may be a little...off.

Anyways, as INFPs (at least for you Christians), does this hurt your faith in any way? I'm saddened because i could never see an atheist proclaiming something so outrageous, and yet my supposed fellow believers are out there spewing trash.

BTW, for those who haven't heard: Can't post links, google "May 21 end of world"

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
To my understanding, according to the group that believes that, the world is actually supposed to end in a few months (October 21, I believe), but May 21 is supposedly judgment day. Regardless, the idea that the Bible foretold the exact date is absurd. I'm pretty sure there's a Biblical verse in there somewhere that says not even Jesus will know the date of the second coming, so the only way their theory could work is if he was somehow really bad at math.

It doesn't really alter my views on Christianity at all, to be honest. Since I grew up in the Bible Belt, I'd say at least 95% of the people I've known have been Christian, so I know that while some come up with stupid end of the world dates and so forth, there are also more sane ones as well. The same is true of people in general.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I've already read about this a few months ago, not only that, I actually see a banner on a bus or two about May, 21, 2011.

I'll reply to you more, when it's May 22. It's only a few days away. :p

Reactions: Scarlet and Kriash

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
To my understanding, according to the group that believes that, the world is actually supposed to end in a few months (October 21, I believe), but May 21 is supposedly judgment day. Regardless, the idea that the Bible foretold the exact date is absurd. I'm pretty sure there's a Biblical verse in there somewhere that says not even Jesus will know the date of the second coming, so the only way their theory could work is if he was somehow really bad at math.

It doesn't really alter my views on Christianity at all, to be honest. Since I grew up in the Bible Belt, I'd say at least 95% of the people I've known have been Christian, so I know that while some come up with stupid end of the world dates and so forth, there are also more sane ones as well. The same is true of people in general.

I'm pretty sure that quote is in Matthew somewhere, If I find it I will post, but Bible reading isn't my favorite.

Also, you are correct, May 21, 2011 is the beginning of the end supposedly. I guess it's like the rapture or something? I dunno, I never learned about that.

It is in Matthew, it's Matthew 24:44
So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Also, this is creating quite a bit of Hysteria in Missouri. There has been a lot of information about the New Madrid fault becoming more active. When I looked it up I got a lot of conspiracy type stuff. Here's one thread on it. Although there is a warning not to take this stuff serious, the people seem like they do.
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1309765/pg1
It's got videos and links and all kinds of stuff about it, and earthquakes are predicted around the same time that they're predicted by the guy who thought up this nonsense.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I kind of hope the world does start to end. I'm getting kind of sick of it and if everyone else dies too, I won't feel like I'm missing out.
Exactly! Kill everyone, and you're a god. :p

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I don't consider anyone who claims to be Christian a "fellow believer", and yes, I have heard atheists spout some crazy stuff also.

·
Registered
242 Posts
It makes me sad. I was just bumped to junior status in school, and I had so many plans for the summer. I was just getting all optimistic and peppy... Oh well. Just my luck.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Let's not be selfish, we all know that people need to rest.

P.S. God, if you do kill us all, please take away our consciousness. The world you made was f**ked up anywayz.

·
Registered
469 Posts

So Judgment Day and the end of the world are on two different days? I didn't get the memo, and the billboard in the 'hood didn't exactly explain this either.

I will get busy with repenting all my evil deeds.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Oh man! Why did you have to tell me? As much as an Agnostic as I am, I know I won't be able to help but be looking over my shoulder that day! I bet my imagination will be runnin wild. :confused:

I'll try to have some fun with it at least.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
What is this I don't even.

First I've heard of this madness. How can anyone not laugh?

Reactions: Kriash
1 - 20 of 32 Posts