Discussion Starter #1
4w5 so/sp.
Mine are as follows:

1. Quality time
2/3. Physical touch/ Words of affirmation

Weakest:
4. acts of service
5. gift giving

If i enjoy being with you I'll just hover around you all the time, lol. And I'll hug you 24/7 (but only if I'm comfortable enough with you. once i am though.. haha. get ready for all the random touching and contact).
After finding out about this, I noticed that some people in my life do a lot of "acts of service" (my dad, my friend) for me, and I never really appreciated it before- now I try to notice it and thank them for it. Now that I notice it more though.. it's so incredibly sweet when people do express their love for you that way. awwww
As for gift-giving, lmao. I grew up in a family who doesn't give gifts at all, and I don't have a shred of it in my love languages.

What about you?? Please state your wing and subtype.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
1. quality time
2. physical touch
3. acts of service
4. gift giving
5. words of affirmation

I find that words do very little for me, having heard a lot of empty words in my time, I don't really focus on what someone says, it's all about the non-verbals, feeling a metaphysical connection.

·
Registered
216 Posts
415 sp/sx

1. Quality Time/Physical Touch
2. Acts of Service
3. Words of Affirmation
4. Gifts

When I first learned of love languages, I was surprised by how important acts of service are to me. But it makes sense. Daily living tasks are such a chore and energy drain; I love to be rescued by someone who takes that stuff off my plate.

I also was surprised at the low position of words of affirmation, but that makes sense too, as I tend to harbor a general distrust of people’s words and in general subscribe to the talk is cheap adage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Funny, I was just wondering last night what love language different ennea's would have. I'm missing talking together though...
Mine are:
1. (deep) talking and quality time
2. acts of service
3. physical touch but definitely only from my husband, otherwise I can't stand touch
4. words of affirmation (I tend to not believe those)
5. gifts (this one really doesn't come in at all).

Usually my family only give gifts, and then I really have to talk into myself 'this may be a sincere way for them to show you their love'. I suppose my paying attention to them, going out together, talking together, might not come in on their side. Quite difficult when you don't know everyones language.

·
Registered
31 Posts
10 Physical Touch
7 Quality Time
7 Words of Affirmation
5 Acts of Service
1 Receiving Gifts

Gifts aren't really going over very well here are they?

·
Registered
6 Posts
for me, verrry strongly inclined towards words of affirmation, with physical touch (only okay from certain people) as a strong second.​

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
1. Quality time
2. Physical touch
3. Gift giving
4. Acts of service
5. Words of affirmation

It's funny that gifts aren't going over well, I feel very loved with a thoughtful gift that shows how much the person really knows me. Acts of service though, meh, I don't know to extract love from that, I dated someone who was extremely good at providing that and it was nice but I still couldn't feel the love just from that. And like someone else already said about words of affirmation,I find them hard to believe because most of the time they don't accurately describe me or something I did, not the way I see it at least. Physical touch is a zinger, it's so bad that I get suspicious when other people who I am not involved with do it. I don't have a good platonic touch radar, it's either romantic or "why are they doing this?", I interpret it as love to a fault, plus feelings can be communicated through touch in ways words can't. Quality time, it's easy to feel loved when someone wants to get a little extra time in with you, if not loved, makes you feel special to them at least, this one is also another bad one I have a hard time interpreting as platonic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
4w5 so/sp.
Mine are as follows:

1. Quality time
2/3. Physical touch/ Words of affirmation

Weakest:
4. acts of service
5. gift giving

If i enjoy being with you I'll just hover around you all the time, lol. And I'll hug you 24/7 (but only if I'm comfortable enough with you. once i am though.. haha. get ready for all the random touching and contact).
After finding out about this, I noticed that some people in my life do a lot of "acts of service" (my dad, my friend) for me, and I never really appreciated it before- now I try to notice it and thank them for it. Now that I notice it more though.. it's so incredibly sweet when people do express their love for you that way. awwww
As for gift-giving, lmao. I grew up in a family who doesn't give gifts at all, and I don't have a shred of it in my love languages.

What about you?? Please state your wing and subtype.
I'm a 4w5 sp
1. Quality time. My pet peeve is when others speak over or they're on their phone while we are together. I don't have many friends or family that I'm close so I love it when they truly pay attention to me and vice versa. Unfortunately, this is the need that's not met the most. In the past, I've felt like I've been ignored on many occasions. I blame myself for not opening up quickly as they want but that's just how I am.
2. words of affirmation. Hearing this from people I look up to, fulfils my search for validation and not because they're feeling bad for me but because they just feel the need to (if that's understandable)
3. Acts of Service.
4. Gifts. Gifts are fine but I don't appreciate them as much as I should and it's usually something I don't want (I feel bad for saying this haha)
5. Physical Touch. Rarely do I appreciate hugs. I allow my good friends to hug me because that's their way of feeling close but I never initiate it. I don't like people touching me generally. It was at 0% on the test. I feel terrible because a lot of people in my life feel I don't care about them as much or I don't like them if I don't initiate some type of touch and people occasionally comment about it.

·
Registered
INTJ 583 sx/sp
456 Posts
I don't know what this is so I'm going to say Norwegian. I'm never going to date a foreigner unless she's Kate Beckinsale so that's the language I will most likely be speaking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts