Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I believe this person I once knew was an ENFJ. I'm going to try to describe something and you tell me if it sounds like an ENFJ thing or not. What I'm going to describe is very specific and possibly very peculiar so it might just be them, but my personal hunch is that I feel it can kind of be an ENFJ thing, a certain subtype oir manifestation of ENFJ-ness. Also, only those who relate to the circumstance will be able to relate at all to this behavior, so there's a possibility no one can quite relate which would ruin everything!

Person is totally different themselves depending on the absence or presence of "friends" in their life. When they had friends and were nonstop social and seemingly connected to people (reason I thought of mbti is because this sounds like a high need capacity of Fe expression), they were a lot more outgoing, positive, felt better about themselves, happy. But now that they've slunk into an extremely, extremely, extremely, extremely solitary life (lot of "friends" on the internet, sure, but their real life friends are limited to 1-2 and they are not close with them or even that good of friends with them at all... and they stay at home inside their house 97% of their time too), they seem to have extreme self-esteem issues (which are totally incorrigible - trust me, as an INFP, I believe I gave it the best shot anyone could... and with even recently finding an actual internet person they call a friend and are constantly expressing they wish they knew the other person in real life, they still hold the negative esteem about themselves)... and are just extremely down about themselves.

So, does any ENFJ relate? To "being a totally different person depending on the absence or presence of "friends" in your life"?

Irrelevant details: The reason I ask this is because I am trying to figure this person out. Specifically here, figure out if this new thought that hit me earlier today is right or wrong. I only know them over the internet. Knew them, I mean. We didn't have that long of a relationship but when it comes to NF I don't think that is necessary sometimes to get to know a person. Anyway. They are 16, female, and when I refer to how they were before I'm speaking of them 1-2, 2 1/2 at most years ago. The dead center of the onset of puberty. So it's possible they've just naturally changed into the depressed person they are for not the reasons I've suggested here. This is what I'm trying to figure out.

To be able to relate I believe you would have had to experience these two distinct periods of life for an amount of time. Friends, abundance of, for a long time, then complete complete complete drought for an extended period of time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
mhmm.... I do not know about personality wise, but this person seems overly dependent on friends. Or struggling through some depression. Or they are sickly?

For what reason, who am I to say?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Person is totally different themselves depending on the absence or presence of "friends" in their life. When they had friends and were nonstop social and seemingly connected to people (reason I thought of mbti is because this sounds like a high need capacity of Fe expression), they were a lot more outgoing, positive, felt better about themselves, happy. But now that they've slunk into an extremely, extremely, extremely, extremely solitary life (lot of "friends" on the internet, sure, but their real life friends are limited to 1-2 and they are not close with them or even that good of friends with them at all... and they stay at home inside their house 97% of their time too), they seem to have extreme self-esteem issues (which are totally incorrigible - trust me, as an INFP, I believe I gave it the best shot anyone could... and with even recently finding an actual internet person they call a friend and are constantly expressing they wish they knew the other person in real life, they still hold the negative esteem about themselves)... and are just extremely down about themselves.

So, does any ENFJ relate? To "being a totally different person depending on the absence or presence of "friends" in your life"?
Yes.... I admit some difference when with certain groups. However, when I am home I am very private almost like being a hermit. It sounds like this person is super depressed. Pull them out the house!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I do admit that I change faces in different situations... And I've been in the exact same position as your friend (I have Seasonal Affective Disorder). Sounds like they are struggling through a depression; it sounds more serious than a simple personality change.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Sonata- seasonal affective disorder? Are you in the rust belt or a far northern state? I did some research on that.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I relate to that a lot actually.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts