Personality Cafe banner

How do you make important decisions?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

Yes, I am an ENFP and very interested in how people make decisions. (Although I often postpone my decisions to the last minute) I am married to an awesome INTJ and you may be able to imagine we approach decision making in a different way -- (i.e., I want to wait and leave things open, he wants things decided yesterday).

I think that our differences in how we make decisions I find to be really interesting!

Our lives are shaped by our decisions so I hope to start interesting posts and polls about decision making!

Any good stories about differences in decision making with you and your partner?

How do you make decisions?

What decisions are hard for you to make?

Any and all thoughts are welcome! I look forward to hearing from you!

:)

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,102 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings abandsd and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum abandsd. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forums! Decisions are hard... I usually ponder possibilities for a long time, and end up leaving things til the last minute. Which decisions are hard? All of them!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi! omgitsanglea Thanks for your response! Do you know your MBTI type?

Do you know what makes decision making hard for you?

I also have a hard time making certain decisions -- but sometimes I just know what I want, it is kinda odd like that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey, I'm new too! I'm an INTP. :)

Although I'm introverted, I do tend to seek out others to help me make decisions. This is mainly because I'm very, very bad at being decisive. XDD I tend to spend a long time analysing the consequences of each decision, which just makes the whole process more difficult. I don't want to procrastinate in making choices, I just sort of... do.

I'm single, so I'll compare myself to my closest friend, who's an ENTJ. She can make decisions in a heartbeat, which is likely why I get along so well with her - we tend to make up for each other's flaws. I believe that the Judger and Perceptive aspect of the personality type plays a major role in how easily people make decisions. Also, introverted intuition should also help in making decisions, as they can easily analyse things by themselves: both INTJs and ENTJs have introverted intuition. But that's just my theory.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Welcome people! :D

I suck at decision making! My heart will want one thing and my brain will want another and then I'll ask my friends and consider their opinions and then my heart will finally agree that my brain makes sense but then my brain will start to understand where my heart is coming from then I'll ask my friends and consider their opinions and finally, after a long long time of torturous indecisiveness and being pressurized to make a decision...

I'll make my decision at the very last second out of impulsiveness.

And the same thing happens every single time! D:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Yes, I am an ENFP and very interested in how people make decisions. (Although I often postpone my decisions to the last minute) I am married to an awesome INTJ and you may be able to imagine we approach decision making in a different way -- (i.e., I want to wait and leave things open, he wants things decided yesterday).

I think that our differences in how we make decisions I find to be really interesting!

Our lives are shaped by our decisions so I hope to start interesting posts and polls about decision making!

Any good stories about differences in decision making with you and your partner?

How do you make decisions?

What decisions are hard for you to make?

Any and all thoughts are welcome! I look forward to hearing from you!

:)

I have no good stories

I think really hard and seek guidance for my decisions

and every decision is a hard decision for me ...............:laughing: sadly that is true unless i am very confident in the subject (computers) than almost all decisions I have difficult time figuring out for myself mainly because I never have a preference toward one way or another and to decide on something you really have no inclination makes it hard to decide lol idk if what i am saying is interesting i just like answering peoples questions :kitteh:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Welcome people! :D

I suck at decision making! My heart will want one thing and my brain will want another and then I'll ask my friends and consider their opinions and then my heart will finally agree that my brain makes sense but then my brain will start to understand where my heart is coming from then I'll ask my friends and consider their opinions and finally, after a long long time of torturous indecisiveness and being pressurized to make a decision...

I'll make my decision at the very last second out of impulsiveness.

And the same thing happens every single time! D:
glad to hear i am not the only one, maybe this is an INFP thing lol

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
glad to hear i am not the only one, maybe this is an INFP thing lol
...Oh no. I think it is! :shocked: I now know 3 INFPs with this problem (including me, so it's a small number, hah xD But still! I don't know anyone else who has literally taken 10 minutes to choose between this flavour and the other!)

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
...Oh no. I think it is! :shocked: I now know 3 INFPs with this problem (including me, so it's a small number, hah xD But still! I don't know anyone else who has literally taken 10 minutes to choose between this flavour and the other!)
lol try taking an hour to decide on what to eat at a restaurant .......people hate eating out with me :laughing:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
lol try taking an hour to decide on what to eat at a restaurant .......people hate eating out with me :laughing:
Hahahas I can see why! Tsk tsk! *shakes head disapprovingly*
...I do that too though :frustrating: Like hm, I'm always eating this. Should I try that? I should. But what if it's not nice and my whole meal is wasted? I wonder if it's worth it to try. *Checks price* Hey, I wonder if there's something nicer and more affordable. *Flips through menu, ends up at dessert and gasps in awe for a few minutes* I WANT SOMEEEEEEE! Which one should I get? This looks nice, and so does that, and ahhhhhhhh! *Asks friend, friend randomly points out something out of impatience* Wait but what if I can't finish it? Oh maybe I should just get the double scoop one. No wait, what flavours should I choose! They're all nice! (And I shall stop because if I don't it'll just continue until we all drop dead :bored:)

How annoying of us! :tongue: I understand that we'll still get opportunities to try other stuff when we go back to eat at the same place, but still!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Hahahas I can see why! Tsk tsk! *shakes head disapprovingly*
...I do that too though :frustrating: Like hm, I'm always eating this. Should I try that? I should. But what if it's not nice and my whole meal is wasted? I wonder if it's worth it to try. *Checks price* Hey, I wonder if there's something nicer and more affordable. *Flips through menu, ends up at dessert and gasps in awe for a few minutes* I WANT SOMEEEEEEE! Which one should I get? This looks nice, and so does that, and ahhhhhhhh! *Asks friend, friend randomly points out something out of impatience* Wait but what if I can't finish it? Oh maybe I should just get the double scoop one. No wait, what flavours should I choose! They're all nice! (And I shall stop because if I don't it'll just continue until we all drop dead :bored:)

How annoying of us! :tongue: I understand that we'll still get opportunities to try other stuff when we go back to eat at the same place, but still!

OMG that is totally me! :laughing::laughing::laughing: or rather i also do that thing where this and this and this looks good but which one would fill me up more and be more satisfying and I never know what i am hungry for so the inclination to choose just one item is so hard to do because i could literally eat anything unless of course its something bizarre

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
OMG that is totally me! :laughing::laughing::laughing: or rather i also do that thing where this and this and this looks good but which one would fill me up more and be more satisfying and I never know what i am hungry for so the inclination to choose just one item is so hard to do because i could literally eat anything unless of course its something bizarre
Hahahahahas xD We must be headaches for everyone else! D: At least I usually get pressured, otherwise I'll starve to death before I ever order the food :laughing: I can't imagine ever sitting in a restaurant with another INFP :laughing: I foresee discussing at least 4/5 of the menu and debating within ourselves and trying to decide while trying to help the other decide and maybe go off topic and start talking about our dietary habits and whatnot and the restaurant will chase us out cause we're holding them back from closing the shop! :laughing::sad:

And...Patrick is being very distracting in your signature D: xD His face hahahas xD

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Hahahahahas xD We must be headaches for everyone else! D: At least I usually get pressured, otherwise I'll starve to death before I ever order the food :laughing: I can't imagine ever sitting in a restaurant with another INFP :laughing: I foresee discussing at least 4/5 of the menu and debating within ourselves and trying to decide while trying to help the other decide and maybe go off topic and start talking about our dietary habits and whatnot and the restaurant will chase us out cause we're holding them back from closing the shop! :laughing::sad:

And...Patrick is being very distracting in your signature D: xD His face hahahas xD

Actually I have been with another INFP, she was very patient and knew what she wanted, although it was her favorite restaurant and i have never eaten there before so those underlying facts don't help this case lmao i bet any normal circumstance we would both be taking forever and yea patrick is shocked by all my posts ........ :laughing:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Actually I have been with another INFP, she was very patient and knew what she wanted, although it was her favorite restaurant and i have never eaten there before so those underlying facts don't help this case lmao i bet any normal circumstance we would both be taking forever and yea patrick is shocked by all my posts ........ :laughing:
Hahas! I still think she's amazing though 0_0 Even if it's my favourite place there's still so much to consider:unsure: Hm. The only INFP I know in real life...Is probably worse than me :laughing: The speed at which we walk when we're together is unbelievably slowwww, so is our decision-making, and basically everything. It's like we got all the time in the world when we really don't! xD :mellow:
I don't even know why Patrick is buried in some sort of mystical bath solution :laughing:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Hahas! I still think she's amazing though 0_0 Even if it's my favourite place there's still so much to consider:unsure: Hm. The only INFP I know in real life...Is probably worse than me :laughing: The speed at which we walk when we're together is unbelievably slowwww, so is our decision-making, and basically everything. It's like we got all the time in the world when we really don't! xD :mellow:
I don't even know why Patrick is buried in some sort of mystical bath solution :laughing:
lol idk how she does it either, although my conversations with any one is very fast because I skip details and get to the point how I am being with an INFP it make it easier to do that with cuz they just get what I am saying :laughing:and Patrick appears everywhere

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
lol idk how she does it either, although my conversations with any one is very fast because I skip details and get to the point how I am being with an INFP it make it easier to do that with cuz they just get what I am saying :laughing:and Patrick appears everywhere

HAHAHAHAS XD :laughing: Patrick around the world in 1 minute!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm an INFP and I am the WORST at decision making. I'm at a point in my life where I have to make Really Tough Life Decisions and since it's so scary I just put it all off and postpone my life lol f***. :crazy:
As for ordering at a restaurant, I do fell pressured to make a decision fast when the person taking your order is just staring at you and waiting for you to just say what you want already. But it helps that I'm kind of a picky eater, so there's probably not a lot on the menu I would end up liking.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts