Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(It took me 10Min to come up with that title.) 100s of things ran through my mind before I could say even that simplistic title.:rolleyes:

I guess I must truly be an Infp. I have been lurking on here for over a year (seems to be a common thing for infps) in search of something, anything, but have lacked the will to speak myself. I have been really enjoying the Infp forums, lots of laughs there. I have snuck over to the Enfp forum a little as well.

My name is Nathan, and have just started off my early 20s. I am an unhealthy Infp that has in the last few months lost my last closest friend. Lacking anybody to talk to I have joined here hoping to find some direction to go. So lacking any friends whatsoever, needing to start a job/earn a regular income within the next 3 weeks, and seeking independence from an overprotective family. I come to you all seeking help and advice. (Damn I hope that doesn't sound to depressing, lol)

I found out about MBTI about a year and a half ago and have been truly amazed by it for some reason. Perhaps it gives me some understanding of myself. (and other people) Knowing that someone can actually relate to the way I think is comforting.

I have introduced MBTI to my family and there was no interest at all. I believe My mom is also an Infp but she brushed it away and seemed kind of disappointed in her results upon first look (she and my dad spent more time reading the weaknesses part of the 16personalities website). My sister is an Infj, she bookmarked the 16personalities page but that's about it. I forget what my dad is, he read it and thought it was rather silly, I feel like he was to proud to admit that that was his personality. My brother I assume COMPLETELY ignored the facebook message I sent him on it, I thought he would be interested in it being a teacher. I don't get along well with any of my 3 siblings, more my fault than anything.

I have only recently found enneagrams it seems to complement the mbti rather well. I still don't fully understand the "wing" thing though, like how are they chosen? I am a 6 followed by a 9 and the third changes on me depending on the day. One test gave me 6,9, and 2 and 5 min later another test gave me 6,9, and 4.

Thanks for reading that complete mess if you did.:proud: It took me probably 45min to write,ponder, and rewrite it. I look forward to chatting with you all.

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
Hello Nathan43!

Welcome to this forum ;)

Well, Ne is a complicated thing right? ^^ So many thoughts and options hehe

INFPs are the secret rulers here, because they are the most active type! But I am sure you already knew that, as Lurker.

We have a lot of threads where you can ask questions, several in each MBTI type section, and many many in other sections. And, if you don´t find a fitting one, just make your own thread.

My family isn´t interested too. So, that is rather normal. It isn´t "necessary" for very much people. So, you have to use the new infos to reflect, and to try to find new words to explain certain things to them.

I think you will feel at home here :)

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,658 Posts
I giggled at your thread title because I know a Nathan in my offline life, and he doesn't say very much!! I sat right beside him for an hour, but we didn't even say hi.

Anyway...

Welcome to PerC!

Stop on by the INFP forum and say hi! There is a theme of living threads exploring mental problems, depression, stress, pointlessness, "I think I'm a giving person, but I don't feel like I am", and more! You might find some help and advice there, at least some solidarity, and hopefully not anything that makes you feel worse! We're ready to get to know you, so don't hesitate :)

Reactions: Nathan43
1 - 3 of 3 Posts