Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I'm Angelic Gardevoir, and I'm uncertain about my personality. *chorus of "Hi Angelic Gardevoir!" is heard* Anyway, I came here for a bit self-discovery, I suppose. I'm currently struggling with depression and anxiety. I've had self-esteem problems for the longest time, perhaps since middle school. Those issues have escalated recently (especially with the death of my grandfather from lung cancer last May). After a bit of thought, I began to realize that all of my issues most likely have to do with a poor sense of self. I don't really know much about myself outside of what others have said about me. This epiphany is linked with an event somewhat unrelated to my grandfather's death. Long story short, an ex-friend accused me of being a narcissist because of some unfortunate misunderstandings. I began wondering if my self-concept was the real me or merely a facade. (Don't worry about me being a narcissist, though-I handled that on another forum as well as with my current counselor, and I'm more than likely not one.)

I hope that by finding out my personality type, I can finally have some groundwork to build myself up. I'm pretty familiar with MBTI. (I actually learned quite a lot from lurking here, actually. >_>) The first time I encountered was back in my high school AP English class. It was an informal quiz, and I got INFJ. With all my self-questioning and what-not, I'm not sure if this is the best fit...hence why I came here! :tongue:

As for some stuff about me...I like cartoons, anime, and handheld games. (I'm limited to what I can get on my crappy cable package, though. No CN. :sad:) A kid at heart, basically. That doesn't mean that I can't get into the heavy matters of life, and I've been told that I'm pretty smart. Smartness is relative, though, and I've been idiotic more than a few times. I tend to be quite a joker. Oh, and I have a weakness for junk food. (Really though, who doesn't?) MBTI-wise, I know that I'm definitely some type of feeler. I don't take criticism well, I beat myself up over things, I cry when stressed, and thinking that I've hurt someone's feelings drives me crazy.

So uh...yeah. Was that too much to read for an intro post? ^_^U

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Angelic Gardevoir and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

We have a facebook style chat that you can enable throughout the site... Just read on how to enable it here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/13046-personality-cafe-facebook-style-chat.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Angelic Gardevoir. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
Registered
268 Posts
I liked your intro post, and didn't think it was too long. Here is a place to share and learn, I hope you find out your type and more about yourself.

"I don't take criticism well, I beat myself up over things, I cry when stressed, and thinking that I've hurt someone's feelings drives me crazy." I do these things too. I have typed as an ISFJ-and have taken numerous tests numerous times lol!!!

Anyways. Welcome to the Forum. I hope your time here is enjoyable.

Reactions: Angelic Gardevoir

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I liked your intro post, and didn't think it was too long. Here is a place to share and learn, I hope you find out your type and more about yourself.

"I don't take criticism well, I beat myself up over things, I cry when stressed, and thinking that I've hurt someone's feelings drives me crazy." I do these things too. I have typed as an ISFJ-and have taken numerous tests numerous times lol!!!

Anyways. Welcome to the Forum. I hope your time here is enjoyable.
Thanks. I like this forum so far. ^_^

·
Banned
1,105 Posts
Hi. And yes, I love waffles. Especially the honey nut variety.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts