Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm one of those strange people who can't seem to jump into a forum without properly introducing myself, so after days of lurking around without saying anything, I thought I'd better say "hi" and get it over with. :tongue:

I've always been interested in people. When my parents would tell me "not to stare", it was pretty much the equivalent of telling me not to breathe. People fascinate me.

Anyway, about a year ago I discovered the joy of personality quizzes online. Oh, I was in heaven. The guide to people was right at my fingertips. Being the bookworm that I am, I went to the library and checked out every book on personalities that I could possibly find. That's how I found out about MBTI personality testing. I thought for the longest time that I was an INFP, but after much diliberation, I have finally embraced my INFJness. :happy:

So here I sit, writing a pointless thread on your forum. (Which, by the way, seems to be filled with some very nice people) I'm so glad to finally find a place where people think at least somewhat like I do.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Welcome hope you enjoy the time you spend here.

it seems mistyping is common.

for me i went through whole delusion about my personality i built up a long time ago to make me feel more like others and also Aspergers giving myself memory recall, hypersensitivity to touch and sound, be able to repetitive task and not bother me(i spent 4 hours sorting stamping hammers for a logging company was it fun? no but did it bore me? no)

so yah i thought i was an ISFJ......but in reality i am an INFJ

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Welcome, Meredith. I am rather new myself, but I am also happy to have been able to find a site full of people of my same general personality. It is uncanny reading and identifying with so many posts; I feel as though I could have written them all myself.

Many years ago, I briefly flirted with the notion that I was an INTJ, so I know exactly where you are coming from.

·
Super Moderator
11,651 Posts
Welcome! Your thread is not pointless. :happy:

·
Banned
137 Posts
Woo! INFP invasion! Welcome to the forums! You sound like a very charming person. Don't worry about your thread being pointless. It really wasn't. Have a wonderful time!

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Welcome to the forums. =)

Lurking! That's always fun to do. I've had so many instances where I read a post after lurking on some forum somewhere on the internet and somehow end up typing a long response... only to hit "reply" and be prompted to sign up for an account :crazy:

Sometimes I sit there for a few minutes debating whether or not to sign up. Most of the time I just decide that perhaps they can live without knowing what I had to say. so I let it go... but this time, I signed up.

Welcome!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay here and have fun! :laughing:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh good gravy. :unsure: I think I'll just stick to my "I'm a non-conformist story." But then again, I'm already a card carrying member of the "Blonde-at-the-roots" club, so it's all good. :wink:

But, thanks for your warm welcome, despite of my ignorance. :happy: Glad to meet you all, and I hope you have a marvelous day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts