Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Ace of Spades
7w6 4w3 1w9 sp/so; Ni/Ne/Te-dom
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, this is Spades and I'm not new, though I feel like I need a bit of a re-introduction.

I joined as an INTJ Type 5. After several months of learning and discussion, I have concluded that ENTJ Type 7 is a much better fit. Part of the reason why it took so long (and why countless people on the forums are mistyped) is because of a large propagation of false stereotypes and misinformation. "Type Most Likely to...", "You Know You're a ___ When...", "Anyone else have problems with ___'s?", "You can't be a ___ because you...", the Temperaments, and those ridiculous type labels. The reasons are endless.

The worst part of it all is the point when I started to take typology seriously. It began to fundamentally break down. I didn't fit anywhere, no one did. And that's because Type is nothing more than a basic pattern among humans. It says nothing about our spiritual development, our life lessons, our wisdom, our ability to learn, grow, and change. It says nothing about our passions, our desires, our strengths, weaknesses, hardships, or disabilities. It says nothing about our skills, our intelligence, our life experiences, our stage of personal growth, or our unique quirks. It says nothing about our ability to get along, which is a matter of practice, self-awareness, and development of empathy, not a cheap excuse to blame our type differences.

~ Just because I'm an E doesn't mean I lack thoughtfulness or depth. Introspection is top priority in my life, and I absolutely love time alone. The fact of the matter is that I have boundless energy and I like to let it out. Both the inner and outer universes are fascinating after all.

~ Just because I'm an N doesn't mean I'm not observant of my environment. I greatly enjoy being in the moment and I have an eye for detail. I also happen to be a Highly Sensitive Person. How deliciously ironic.

~ Just because I'm a T doesn't mean I'm emotionally oblivious. T/F is not about emotions at all. As humans, we all have them. Being emotionally aware can only help one in life, as they gain a better understanding of who they are. Any mistreatment of others is a sign of inner conflict.

~ Just because I'm a J doesn't mean...anything! I value open-mindedness and non-judgement above
all, and that really has nothing to do with P/J. I would daydream all day every day if I could.

Sure, it's all about the cognitive functions, but how can I really measure such things? I can only estimate based on general patterns. There really is no point in overthinking it anymore, it is what it is. ENTJ fits like a skimpy bikini, with the rest of my entire being left out, but I'm cool with that.

Due to the negativity I experience from reading responses on the forums, I will not be spending much time posting anymore. I don't want to preach, nor do I feel it's worth my time and well-being trying to make a point. I'll be around if people want to talk to me on my profile. I'd much prefer to connect with people personally rather than talk to letters and numbers about the same things over and over. I'm also open to adding people on Facebook if you PM me.

Thanks, PerC ^_^ Hope I didn't come off too arrogant. I doo have "inferior Fi" after all ;) *chuckles*

Me in my natural habitat.

Multidimensional being.

P.S. I missed some of you!!

·
Ace of Spades
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Ace of Spades
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, that explains why you're scarlet now. Too bad that bottle was poisoned. >:D
I've been Scarlet since like 2004! Who's this @Miss Scarlet imposter I'm seeing around the forums!

And you mean the bottle I switched with you when you weren't looking?

·
Registered
NiTe 549
5,321 Posts
While you weren't looking, I turned both substances into grape juice. It was unfortunate, but it had to be done in order to negate the poison.

·
Ace of Spades
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
While you weren't looking, I turned both substances into grape juice. It was unfortunate, but it had to be done in order to negate the poison.
That grape juice better be psychedelic.

Welcome back, Spades!
Thanks Boooss! Hey, I hear having a Label is the cool thing to do ;)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Welcome back, @Spades! ^_^ I'm happy to see you back, even if you are going to be less active. You're one of those members I look up to. :) I was sad when you were gone.

·
Ace of Spades
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome back, @Spades ! ^_^ I'm happy to see you back, even if you are going to be less active. You're one of those members I look up to. :) I was sad when you were gone.
I wish I could thank your post thousands and thousands of times.
Thank you both immensely <333 I am humbled :blushed:
(Why are the emoticons here so weird =/ )

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Welcome back ^_^

Reactions: Spades

·
Ace of Spades
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ENTJ 7 o.0
:p

Welcome back :)
Yaaay thank you! Also 7 is quite common for ENTJ, not so much for INTJ. ENTJ 7's look very different from the stereotypical ENTJ 8. I have no interest in business or managing people *shudders*. I also think I may have been confusing my Se-Ni combo for Ne.

On a completely unrelated side note, here are my official MBTI results:

005.jpg

001b.jpg

Not that this has anything to do with my decision, as the above is purely based on the retarded dichotomies. Though I found it a lot less ridiculous than online ones, but still a different system than JCF altogether.

·
Banned
1,824 Posts
Hi @Spades, I'm a 784 sp/sx like you, and thank you for writing this. I don't see myself in any description of type 7 (including relatively reputable ones like Riso and Hudson)--but I know for a fact that I conform to the psychological pattern. It took me 12 years to realize this, and literally no one is going to see that based on my "personality".

I'm also an ISTP, and I like what you said about the bikini. It's so true. And it's just one more reason I don't look like a "typical" seven.

Anyway, welcome back to the forum.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Hi Spades, glad you're back! Wow, a type 7 ENTJ! You're so full of surprises, haha. Come to think of it, I might know one IRL.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts