Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I asked in the INFP section what we think of tats. Came to wondering what our similar friends over here also think of 'em!

And.. what about piercings?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think tattoos are interesting..? I don't like them but I don't hate them either. As long as it's not too much I'm okay with it.

Piercings - depends where. I think tragus piercings are cool - essentially anywhere on the ear. I'm okay with not-too-obvious places.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I would be more hip if I had tattoos or piercings but sadly I refuse to be. They look cool on other people though. This one girl in my class swallowed her whole tongue piercing so I suppose beauty is pain and I don't like beauty :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a 9mm stretched ear, and am planning to get a bird tattoo behind my ear, but only subtle stuff. I'm a big fan of it on guys (and dreads n_n) but for me there's a fine line for girls.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Well, it depends how tasteful it is.

A single piercing in the right place - in the nose, lip, eyebrow, etc... can look appealing. 30 piercings on your face tells me that besides being ugly, you have some issues.

Same sort of deal with tattoos, really. If you have a lot of small mismatching ones, it can look pretty tacky. A single large, masterfully done tattoo can be incredible.

I used to have an earring... *shrug*, and have a bit of scarification on my shoulder from around '95. In retrospect, giving my dorm-mate an exacto knife and telling him to go to work probably wasn't the best way to go about getting a tattoo.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I'm not so keen on piercings but I love tattoos.

I particulary admire Angelina Jolie's because they seem to have a lot of meaning to them. I don't like it when people get tattoos for the sake of it. I personally think they should be meaningful because it's almost like you are wearing your values and beliefs on the outside rather than keeping them hidden inside.

I don't have any tattoos but I have a long list of tattoos i'd like to get. I just don't know if I ever will.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like looking at different tattoos. . . and don't mind many of them on a body as long as they flow together, and don't look out of place. . .

Like the tattoo's that Yakuza usually have. They are so beautiful to me, and masterfully done. Their tattoo's aren't just markings on skin, but a test of courage. . . as the tattoo is pierced into the skin, line by line, color by color, all over the body
-fangirls- uwa uwa uwa I love full body tattoos. definitely the best kind.

. . . .
as for piercings. . . ear piercings I am completely fine with. . .for guys and gals. but only piercings. . . not gauges or whatever.-shudders-

·
Registered
139 Posts
I like looking at different tattoos. . . and don't mind many of them on a body as long as they flow together, and don't look out of place. . .

Like the tattoo's that Yakuza usually have. They are so beautiful to me, and masterfully done. Their tattoo's aren't just markings on skin, but a test of courage. . . as the tattoo is pierced into the skin, line by line, color by color, all over the body
-fangirls- uwa uwa uwa I love full body tattoos. definitely the best kind.

. . . .
as for piercings. . . ear piercings I am completely fine with. . .for guys and gals. but only piercings. . . not gauges or whatever.-shudders-

But Yazuka's are a notorious gang. I can't help thinking of what it stands for, which makes it ugly to me.

When you say gauges, do you mean all of them or just the massive ones? I've got 9mm so it's more cute than punk looking lol..
I think what puts people off is they think it's painful, but if you do it right the worst it feels is a bit warm :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
But Yazuka's are a notorious gang. I can't help thinking of what it stands for, which makes it ugly to me.

When you say gauges, do you mean all of them or just the massive ones? I've got 9mm so it's more cute than punk looking lol..
I think what puts people off is they think it's painful, but if you do it right the worst it feels is a bit warm :)
Though they are a gang. . .they are all not bad. for example the Kobe Earthquake back in 1995. The Yamaguchi-gumi, a syndicate of Yakuza, responded with a large-scale relief effort for the earthquake victims by helping with the distribution of food and supplies, before the government could get consistent support dispatched. . .

and i think I value their tattooing more because they've made it a tradition. . . I'm pretty sure they've been doing the tattoos as a sort of . ."rite-of-passage" ever since they were first established in the 17th century. .

. . . . sorry. . i tend to get long winded when a topic is about yakuza ^^;

·
Registered
76 Posts
I like tats and usually I like piercings. Tattos can be very beautiful - another way of appreciating art. Piercings - I think that depends on location, quantity and what's stuck through them. Again - beautiful jewelry is another way of appreciating art. Some body jewelry is just plain unattractive. But it's always interesting to look at!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love tattoos and piercings. I have one tattoo, and really wanting to get more. I have my lip pierced, I had my cartilage pierced(got annoying when sleeping) and I have my ears to a 2g.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I don't really like them on girls for some reason. Guys it's pretty bad ass, at times. It's just not my preference on girls. What's cute/hot to me is naturalness lol. I don't know, it's the way I've been for awhile, I always feel tricked when girls dye their hair and put on whole bunch of make up. It's like I'm being tricked into thinking they are someone they are not. Damn it!

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
I don't really like tattoos on anyone and would not want to date one with it. Piercings on the other hand, I don't mind on either gender but just for ear piercings. No body piercings of any kind though. =/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts