Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here but have been on the reddit.com MBTI subreddits for some time now. I found a Social Responsibility Questionnaire on the BBC website and after my friends took it, we all talked about the results and how different some people's scores were. I am very curious and want to compare them to MBTI types to see if there are any interesting patterns.

So, I've created a very short survey to collect responses through, but the problem I'm having right now is that we have next to no ESTJ, ESTP, ISTJ or ISTP responses. If I have some data scores from you guys, I would really appreciate it.

Will some of you help me expand the sample size?

The survey is here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_EHlX1fqqXyF5vTbyqVNrgxJMoU2EZjzMEHQaVOwzA8/viewform

Thanks for helping me out!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I normally don't do surveys, but I was attracted by the OP's username. The survey itself is fairly quick and painless. I think it's just to measure where we rank on the scale between "pillar of the community" and "danger to society".

·
Registered
231 Posts
The link takes you to the post-test survey. You need your results of the test to complete this. There's a link to the test on your survey page, but there's no link at the end of the test back to the survey page (obviously, since it's not your test). That means you have to leave the test result page, remember your score, come back here, and click the link to the survey page again.

I completed the arduous process, but you need to explain this in your OP or people will just say "Fuck this, waste of time." and not enter the relevant MBTI info you're trying to compile. Suggestion; Edit your OP. Put a link to the test first, with a link to the survey below. Explain the procedure..."There's no link to the survey at the end of the test. Come back to this page and click on the "Survey" link."

Scored 40/44 for what it's worth.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
^ Note that this person's type is currently set at "unknown". If people are doing your survey when they're not even sure of their type, the results will be meaningless.

Maybe fix that, or something.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ok, my fix:

You assume a lot in assuming that I'm unsure of my type. Perhaps I prefer anonymity. Perhaps I want to avoid having others read my pretty little banner and conclude "Oh, he's ISTP...I'll color my response thus." Perhaps I take no comfort in constraining myself into a 4 letter abbreviation, as you apparently do. Perhaps I'm irreparably non-committal. Perhaps I'm reserving for myself room to grow, or perhaps I just can't get over this nasty proclivity I have for breaking rules.

Or, perhaps I should just add a little siggy note with an arrow pointing up to "Unknown Personality"; "It's only unknown to you, so fuck off and mind your own business" Is that against the rules? :)

So now that you've read all that, tell me; Am I "your kind"?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Ok, my fix:

You assume a lot in assuming that I'm unsure of my type. Perhaps I prefer anonymity. Perhaps I want to avoid having others read my pretty little banner and conclude "Oh, he's ISTP...I'll color my response thus." Perhaps I take no comfort in constraining myself into a 4 letter abbreviation, as you apparently do. Perhaps I'm irreparably non-committal. Perhaps I'm reserving for myself room to grow, or perhaps I just can't get over this nasty proclivity I have for breaking rules.

Or, perhaps I should just add a little siggy note with an arrow pointing up to "Unknown Personality"; "It's only unknown to you, so fuck off and mind your own business" Is that against the rules? :)

So now that you've read all that, tell me; Am I "your kind"?
If I have to take an educated guess at whether or not you would be considered an ISTP, I'd say no. But what do I know? It took so little for you to get so defensive. Definitely gave off a vibe that differs from most ISTP I know in person and on this forum. A vibe that is terribly similar to a certain Panda. But again, I don't know anything and felt like the input of a nobody would be interesting to those willing to read.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I like how we're the record setters for thread derailment.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.