Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
235 Posts
The link takes you to the post-test survey. You need your results of the test to complete this. There's a link to the test on your survey page, but there's no link at the end of the test back to the survey page (obviously, since it's not your test). That means you have to leave the test result page, remember your score, come back here, and click the link to the survey page again.

I completed the arduous process, but you need to explain this in your OP or people will just say "Fuck this, waste of time." and not enter the relevant MBTI info you're trying to compile. Suggestion; Edit your OP. Put a link to the test first, with a link to the survey below. Explain the procedure..."There's no link to the survey at the end of the test. Come back to this page and click on the "Survey" link."

Scored 40/44 for what it's worth.

· Registered
235 Posts
Ok, my fix:

You assume a lot in assuming that I'm unsure of my type. Perhaps I prefer anonymity. Perhaps I want to avoid having others read my pretty little banner and conclude "Oh, he's ISTP...I'll color my response thus." Perhaps I take no comfort in constraining myself into a 4 letter abbreviation, as you apparently do. Perhaps I'm irreparably non-committal. Perhaps I'm reserving for myself room to grow, or perhaps I just can't get over this nasty proclivity I have for breaking rules.

Or, perhaps I should just add a little siggy note with an arrow pointing up to "Unknown Personality"; "It's only unknown to you, so fuck off and mind your own business" Is that against the rules? :)

So now that you've read all that, tell me; Am I "your kind"?

· Registered
235 Posts
Since when are you an ISTP? What were you previously? Weren't you an INTP? I seriously doubt you are an ISTP just by looking at the content of your posts.
Yeah, and I seriously doubt that you or any of the other self-professed MBTI personality-palm readers here can determine jack shit "just by looking at the content of" another member's posts.

· Registered
235 Posts
I was defending myself...
Kind of hard to defend yourself when the tazer probe is sunk so deep. Ask Rodney King.

But you know, getting along is so mundane. We want a riot. We want you to drive down the 210 freeway at 120 mph, refusing to stop. We want to watch in horrified fascination as you get dragged out of your car, shot with 40,000 volts, and beaten by five dudes with billy clubs. It'll hurt of course. You'll endure some pain and suffering for our entertainment, but we'll show our appreciation. You'll ascend to a martyr in our eyes, and there will eventually be an outcry for justice against the oppressive dogs that mercilessly victimized you. The ensuing tribunal will of course be a farce, kangaroos jumping through hoops to create the illusion that the situation has been dealt with appropriately, by the Book, but it will be purely entertaining to watch from the edge of our seats.

Sadly, you will first be controversially permabanned into silence, but your legacy will live on long after you've evaporated into the ether of cyberspace. "Remember The Worm! Down with the Defenders of Dogma! Don't let it happen here!" blah blah

Note that I am not defending said 'female' you mentioned, nor am I her spokesperson. Credulous of little old insignificant me to assume such a responsibility over an admin with a bright red (danger!) username and over 10,000 posts *edit make that 12,000*.

PS: It's English with an uppercase 'E', hermano.

PSS: hailfire told me to.

(Totally just playing, love and peace to all!)

· Registered
235 Posts
Oh, sorry. I assumed it was the original female you were sparring with. Strike what I said then. Seralya is a much more suitable foe anyway...a paltry 1,071 posts and no admin privileges.

So @Earworms here's a grammar-related question for you.

Is it The Beatles or the Beatles? The Sun or the Sun (or simply the sun)? The Pacific Ocean or the Pacific Ocean? The United States or the United States? There's a lot of debate among ESL instructors about when, if, and whether (notice I didn't type 'weather') those 'the' articles should be capitalized. In my mind, when 'the' is used integrally in a proper noun's title, it's part of the name and should thus be capitalized.

The Nile, for example. It's never referred to sans the 'the' article. Even on maps, it's referred to as "The Nile River" (notice that I also capitalized 'river', another debatable act).

Even 'official' sources can't seem to agree on this one. What's your take on it?

· Registered
235 Posts

And y'all need to keep this derail going! I've stifled a couple laughs and chuckled a bit, but I hope my expectations aren't too high when I say I'm hoping for someone to make me spit out a drink.
Hey! You already said that on page 8. Are you trying to capitalize this thread by putting the same post at the top of every page?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.