Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only recently gotten quite interested in MBTI, Enneagram and different personality types and how they affect us in general. This is one of the first forums, in which I've been active. English isn't my native language so please excuse my weird syntax and use of unfitting words :) I'm actually from the german speaking part of Europe and a man in his early 20s.

As I first got interested in MBTI I used the 16personalities.com test and typed as an INFJ, which I soon found out that people quite often get mistyped as. Because of this I got more and more into MBTI and read about it alot on the internet until I had other priorities in life and didn't think about MBTI as much anymore as I used to. This was about 5 months ago or so. Recently I had more free time again and I got back into MBTI and also Enneagrams. And now after taking a lot of tests, reading about the suggested types a lot and also critically observing myself in my interactions with others and my thinking I am quite sure that my type is ISFJ with the enneagram 6w5. The IJ is quite obvious to me and introverted Sensing has always been the strongest Cognitive function in all tests I took and I can also relate to the descriptions of it very strongly, for example I somehow always have the urge to tell people close to me how my body feels even if its just my little finger being a bit warmer than the rest of my hand and such things. But I'm not 100% sure about the Fe-Ti / Te-Fi (ISTJ) as auxiliary and tertiary functions. I would say that my Ti is quite well developed, because I use it a lot in university and therefore a lot of people would say that I'm a strong thinker but I also love using Fe by making people feel comfortable and helping them out.

Thats it! I hope we'll have a great time and are going to learn many things that are still to be learned on our journey together on this forum :) Have a good one!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Great to have you here! ISFJ is a great type! They are great people.

If you haven't already, I suggest picking up the book 'Psychological Types' by Typology Father Carl G. Jung from where the theory of MBTI comes from. Don't feel any shame about not being an N. Ses usually get a bad wrap online, but they can be really cool and interesting people regardless of what N elitists say.

Your English is great!

Welcome.

Reactions: TryingToLearn

·
Registered
589 Posts
Willkommen Freund.

It sounds like you're on the right track. I particularly liked this ...

... critically observing myself in my interactions with others ...
Bruce Lee said "your true self comes out when you are interacting with other people". I've found this to be excellent advice.

Enjoy the journey. :perc3:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts