Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Rhothan, this is the name I use under my novels.
I'm an INTP, with Enneagram 5w6 (I've never studied Enneagram that deeply though).
I'm a student, studying theology in Hungary. Now, before anyone would assume anything, I must note something: I'm a sceptic, it's not my faith that lead me to study theology, but rather the promise of getting a job with the most amount free time (becoming a pastor is one), and to challenge my own views. Even though I doubt it could in any way change my thoughts on religion, at least I'll have valid points for arguments. Since everyone I know is somewhat religious, I usually avoid these topics, and rather keep my thoughts for myself, the world I grew up in does not tolerate atheistic/unconventional world views.
Some things I like: literature (all and any kinds), alternative and classical music (favorite ones are from the romantic/expressionist era, I can play decently on piano, though I haven't practiced much for years), history, quantum phisics(only as a layman, I don't have enough free time to properly invest in it but love to read the theories and such) story-driven video games, philosophy

Finally, a short story about myself being an INTP :)
I grew up in a heavily religious environment. My family was also very fond of arts, and most of us had pretty idealistic views on how life should be. Even though as a kid I lived inside a secured bubble of christian rules and values, I preferred to stay inside my own head, or in the world of my favorite books I never took down unless I was forced to do so. I haven't been taught about much of the world, only the things that were necessary to know, I lived in a fairytale, I was a believer, an obeying son, a patriot. When I got introduced to MBTI, I tested as INFP, many times over. Now, let me talk a bit about how I discovered MBTI. As a kid, I had a crush on a girl I've met in a summer camp. If I'd have to describe her, I would be in trouble, but let me say this: I was always fairly knowledgeable about art and beauty in general, but she redefined everything for me. I absolutely admired her, I was in love with the idea of her for years. She was the one who mentioned MBTI, she's an INTJ, and one of the smartest persons I know. She was probably the biggest reason I thought myself to be an INFP, as she drew out all my feelings, and for years I chased this idea of the perfect love. Meeting her also made me lose my religious faith, not only because she drew away all my attention but because her unique mindset was the first thing that made me question the supposed rightness of the authority I've been exposed to before. Later I went to college and though I hated every moment of it, I remained there as It was the second time I changed schools. I became even more quiet and passive, I used all my free time on discovering MBTI, reading fiction, watching movies/series and writing novels (one got published, but only on hungarian). The clues were there that I'm an INTP: I never cared about social relations, never had more than 2-3 close friend, I was cold and sarcastic, never understood other's feelings, hated stupidity and liars, loved intellectual conversations, hated small-talks, and even though my teachers made me hate maths, I know it's the language of logic and logic is the one I value above everything else. Since I stopped the tiresome chasing for the perfect love, and instead invest into topics I wanted to learn about, it became more and more clear that I'm a Thinker, and not a Feeler. Even though I've never dreamt of becoming a programmer, phisicist or biologist, I think I still should do my best to contribute to science, and for a better world. I want to become a writer whose works would one day become classics, and for that I'm willing to meet and learn from as much people as possible. I love interesting stories and theories, and I hope to hear some from you too, I even hope I'll might find someone who would listen to my ideas and in best case would join on making a grandiose novel series. I hope I'll get to know some of you, I've never met any INTPs in real life, so that's another thing on my checklist :)

Reactions: BranchMonkey

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
:welcome:

Jump in, look around, post, and you'll get to know some great people--including some who fly under the INTP banner.

If you need help Mention @BranchMonkey -- I'll do my best to give you the information you need or find someone else who can.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I sure will use the opportunity when I need help. I have a hunch that there are a lot of people who would be willing to give away their thoughts if I ask them, and I have a lot to ask. I want to be an active member, but my studies will only allow me time after winter, until then I'll browse here to get to know the site better.

Reactions: BranchMonkey

·
Registered
330 Posts
:welcome:

I am interested in art, science, and theology, especially the arguments in them. Some people will argue that art, science, and/or theology should not exist while some people argue they should exist. An interesting world you and I live in you might say. Honestly, I am not that introvertedly careful about what I say to people sometimes intentionally. I prefer being myself in a raw form rather than being a sneaky snake that plays the game carefully. Whatever floats your boat, though.
What introduced me to the MBTI world is a person I am not associating with anymore, but they gave me a link to a test to see what personality type you are. They got INTP. I, on the other hand, was too ambivalent to choose the options to choose from to determine my personality type that I couldn't get the right result. I did a self-entertaining thing where I clicked the middle part of the options to determine a personality type and HumanMetrics.com got ESTJ and 16Personalities.com got ISFP when I did that to both of them. Still, I don't know or care about what my personality type is. Kudos to you to finding out about your personality type, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts