Personality Cafe banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im a 17 year old guy, enfj, just wanted to talk about hickeys..i havnt given a hickey i have received one once...whats your opinion on hickeys? i think they are extremely romantic and the thought of them is lovely in my mind but ive talked to some people who hate them so leave your input please :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Got it once from a guy I met in a party. Embarrassing. Totally didn't expect it. I have been telling guys not to give me one ever since when we make out. Well if he is a boyfriend I might be really into the make out session that I won't mind.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I've had them and given them. They're overrated in my opinion, it's basically just a bruise. More of an ego thing anyway, some form of mark on your partner to show they're taken.

·
Mastodon Hunter
8,093 Posts
I have received and given hickies and I don't really feel they're negative or positive. It depends on who I am giving it to or receiving it from and also WHERE it's located. For me, it HAS to be somewhere easily concealed.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I have given one or two when I was 14 and it was by mistake. I have received some and it bothered me (especially if highly visible).
The one time I wasn't bothered was when this chick made a hickey on every vertebra till T6-7. Fun times (I blame the vodka for that decision)

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I love to give them, don’t mind getting them, though I get very embarrassed if they are huge and swollen on my neck so prefer less conspicuous spots.

·
Registered
596 Posts
i think they are extremely romantic and the thought of them is lovely in my mind but ive talked to some people who hate them so leave your input please :)
sure, as long as they're not placed somewhere publicly viable

·
Registered
44 Posts
i prefer love bites; they are much more passionate. :p

Reactions: sockratees

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I really like the idea of giving someone a really nice, noticeable lovebite right where their shoulder starts meeting their neck before they need to go do something important. Like a presentation or a job interview or something. It's not painfully obvious to whoever will be looking at them but it's close enough that they'll be consciously aware of it for the entire time.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I love them, I love to be physically marked by my boyfriend and to have a reminder of him. I also think they're pretty, I have a fascination with bruises.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
It's a bruise on my neck that I have to explain to people, and then get weird looks from people who know where it came from.
So no, I don't like it.
I still have no idea how to make one though.
I even tried doing a vampire thing and it was just horrible.
Twilight PTSD flashbacks triggered.

·
Registered
596 Posts
It's quite easy.

I wrote down viewable and auto wrote viable.

Why not on a publicly viewable location on my body? For obvious reasons

Reactions: bridmaga

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I've given them and received them when I was a teen. But after a while, it's pretty pointless. Why would you suck on a random area just to bruise it? So many other ways to pleasure. If you do it because you feel the need to "claim" then you're probably not in a secure state of mind when it comes to the relationship.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I think teenagers use them to show their mates that they have been getting some action. Personally I think they look cheap on both sexes, certainly not a good look for adults at all.

My neck is an erogenous zone but that doesn't mean leaving a mark is necessary. Sometimes can't help seeing it as similar to a dog marking its territory.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts