Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm 27 and am a INFP through and through... I'm very non-conformist and idealistic in all my ways. I am also a wildly passionate and goofy person, yet I am nearly the opposite with new people I meet.

Whenever I meet new people, I am able to carry on conversation but I show little emotion. I am genuine in my conversations, but always hide my passionate/goofy side with new people.

I have been emotionally hurt by many friends/girls in the past, so I am naturally cautious to open up to them... but why am I hesitant to be goofy around new people??

I am a very confident person and have no desire to conform, so why do I do this? I cannot figure it out for the life of me!

Usually after hanging out 3 or so times I begin to feel more comfortable around that person.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm never my true self whenever meeting new people. It takes me a few times too to feel comfortable around them (more than a few) And I can come out as cold, or shy, or not-nice at the beggining. Only if they take the time to get to know me they learn I'm nothing like that. It's just a wall I've built over the years to protect me, with a tough attitude.

Reactions: CircusCat

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
I think it's normal to be a bit reserved when you meet new people and only to become somewhat relaxed around them. Do you think this is a problem or that you just want to see other INFP's feel this way as well?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't know what it's like to be my true self anymore, be glad you even still have yours... I somehow lost mine to something that hurt me so deeply and I've been trying to get it back for so long :(

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It's not like I do this only with people I like and want to make a good impression with, but just anybody.

Most people think I'm this shy, laid back guy when I have a deeply passionate and goofy side to me...

Why do I hide this side from those I'm not close to?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts