Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had never actually taken the test + couldn't find any threads on the subject in our sub-forum, so...

(1) https://bigfive-test.com/

Thought it was an alright test/website in terms of time, quality, user-friendliness, accuracy, and presentation of results.

(2) Share your graphic

(3) Share your top-3 highest sub-scores

Intellect 19/20
Morality 19/20
Artistic interest 18/20 (tie)
Cautiousness 18/20 (tie)

(4) Share your lowest sub-scores (note: reverse thinking)

Anger 5/10
Trust 6/20
Excitement-seeking 7/10 (tie)
Vulnerability 7/10 (tie)

(5) Share your highest sub-score under 'Extraversion'

Friendliness 13/20

After that, I suggest we just compare our results while we wait for an expert to come in and tell us we are doing it all wrong.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Watched this by now:

Plus, I have taken another test (from a different site in my own language) with the following results: 3 - 23 - 63 - 21 - 40. Openness still towering above the rest. Next conscientiousness still quite clearly. Agreeableness and Introversion suffered notable damage... And Neuroticism stayed about the same. I think the average between the two results would be about right for me.

Also, now that I have learned a bit more, I suggest the following analogy with MBTI: Extraversion = E, obviously. Neuroticism = F(high)/T(low). Openness = N(high)/S(low). Agreeableness = Fe(high)/Fi(low). Conscientiousness = J(high)/P(low). Very speculative... But I think it's an Okay beginners guide for anyone interested in making the transition. (It kinda makes sense if I plug in my own cognitive functions and compare the results.)

Fun fact: Openness turns out to be the dimension most strongly related to IQ.

After more or less having abandoned MBTI (saturation + well... it's MBTI), I must say I am quite positive about this model. It is also the one that is 'recognized' (unlike MBTI) in professional contexts such as recruitment.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts

Top 3:
1) Intellect
Score: 20/20 - high
2) Self-Consciousness
Score: 19/20 - high
2) Artistic Interests
2) Cautiousness
3) Self-Efficacy
Score: 18/20 - high

Bottom 3:
1) Gregariousness
Score: 4/20 - low
2) Modesty
Score: 5/20 - low
2) Sympathy
2) Friendliness
3) Depression
Score: 6/20 - low
3) Liberalism
Score: 6/20 - low

Highest Extroversion Score:
Activity Level
Score: 12/20 - neutral

So what are we supposed to do with this information?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Highest

Imagination
Score: 20/20 - high
To imaginative individuals, the real world is often too plain and ordinary. High scorers on this scale use fantasy as a way of creating a richer, more interesting world. Low scorers are on this scale are more oriented to facts than fantasy.

Immoderation
Score:*19/20 -*high
Immoderate individuals feel strong cravings and urges that they have have difficulty resisting. They tend to be oriented toward short-term pleasures and rewards rather than long- term consequences. Low scorers do not experience strong, irresistible cravings and consequently do not find themselves tempted to overindulge.

Cautiousness
Cautiousness describes the disposition to think through possibilities before acting. High scorers on the Cautiousness scale take their time when making decisions. Low scorers often say or do first thing that comes to mind without deliberating alternatives and the probable consequences of those alternatives.

Self Consciousness
Self-conscious individuals are sensitive about what others think of them. Their concern about rejection and ridicule cause them to feel shy and uncomfortable abound others. They are easily embarrassed and often feel ashamed. Their fears that others will criticize or make fun of them are exaggerated and unrealistic, but their awkwardness and discomfort may make these fears a self-fulfilling prophecy. Low scorers, in contrast, do not suffer from the mistaken impression that everyone is watching and judging them. They do not feel nervous in social situations.

Intellect
Score:*18/20 -*high
Intellect and artistic interests are the two most important, central aspects of openness to experience. High scorers on Intellect love to play with ideas. They are open-minded to new and unusual ideas, and like to debate intellectual issues. They enjoy riddles, puzzles, and brain teasers. Low scorers on Intellect prefer dealing with either people or things rather than ideas. They regard intellectual exercises as a waste of time. Intellect should not be equated with intelligence. Intellect is an intellectual style, not an intellectual ability, although high scorers on Intellect score slightly higher than low-Intellect individuals on standardized intelligence tests.

Lowest

Gregariousness
Score:*5/20 -*low
Gregarious people find the company of others pleasantly stimulating and rewarding. They enjoy the excitement of crowds. Low scorers tend to feel overwhelmed by, and therefore actively avoid, large crowds. They do not necessarily dislike being with people sometimes, but their need for privacy and time to themselves is much greater than for individuals who score high on this scale.

Orderliness
Score:*5/20 -*low
Persons with high scores on orderliness are well-organized. They like to live according to routines and schedules. They keep lists and make plans. Low scorers tend to be disorganized and scattered.

Assertiveness
Score:*6/20 -*low
High scorers Assertiveness like to speak out, take charge, and direct the activities of others. They tend to be leaders in groups. Low scorers tend not to talk much and let others control the activities of groups.

Eh too lazy to finish, here's the link https://bigfive-test.com/result/5dfae388dff3440062487838
Screenshot_20191218-215020_Chrome.jpg

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow that's super high Neuroticism.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Wow that's super high Neuroticism.
Is mine interesting at all? The information you get as a result of this test is too generic to have a deep understanding of a person's personality. But, I might be missing crucial information.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Is mine interesting at all? The information you get as a result of this test is too generic to have a deep understanding of a person's personality. But, I might be missing crucial information.
Well, I mean, like MBTI or any other tool, it is only useful when you properly understand the dimensions and the theory behind it. Big Five can be useful for careers, relationships; or how strong a correlation exists between yourself and those things.

I wouldn't focus too much on the sub-levels actually, and just start with the main 5. I think the video I posted provides nice insight. And if you want a shorter more basic form, check out this one:

Edit: But I'm with you, it seems a bit broad and not as concrete as MBTI. Like, it doesn't inspire the same hate and discrimination.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I think the video I posted provides nice insight. And if you want a shorter more basic form, check out this one:

Thanks for the reply, I'll check out the videos to gain a better context on the Big Five stuff, I didn't initially because it didn't seem overly interesting and detailed, but I might end up surprised after watching those.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the reply, I'll check out the videos to gain a better context on the Big Five stuff, I didn't initially because it didn't seem overly interesting and detailed, but I might end up surprised after watching those.
It's not shockingly interesting, but it's gonna turn out better than you thought at first yeah.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts