Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think ive reached a point of growth in INFPdom ive found that its really not hard to talk to talk to people(yes crowds still sorta tire me) i can just walk up and talk without feeling a extreme stress and be myself(well mostly dont want people to call the looney bin) I still have my really close freinds i talk to and hang out with but it feels like ive exspanded my horizons a little.... taking up new sports and getting in shape has helped me be more active and outgoing i havent had a day where i feelin blue in a long time ....

its weird i didnt realize the change because i was having so much fun and finally my mom pointed out "youve been pretty hyper lately are u on drugs" lol and i wasnt just breaking out of the shell and starting to truly enjoy life to the fullest making people smile and laugh i swear just putting on a smile will make everyone around u in a better mood(or theyll think somethings wrong with you)

i just wonder if anyone else has had such a change
i hope i dont come down from the "high on life" ive been feeling
who knew it was a real thing i thought it was just to get people to stop doing drugs

GET HIGH ON LIFE ;)

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm going to make a joke about drugs but I don't want you to take it seriously. Really I'm happy that you're happy. I hope your new outlook on life is long lasting and wish you all the luck in the world.

Maybe mom is spiking your Wheaties.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to make a joke about drugs but I don't want you to take it seriously. Really I'm happy that you're happy. I hope your new outlook on life is long lasting and wish you all the luck in the world.

Maybe mom is spiking your Wheaties.
I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT
maybe lol ill be screwed when we run out of wheaties

Reactions: Wheeze

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's good to hear that you're at the high point and I'm happy for you. I've been at the high point too, but fell down dramatically... I don't want to bring you the sad news, maybe it's only just me because I didn't fully realise my own personality at that time and things could be worse than what I imagined would be. Good luck :wink:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
YEAH! That's awesome. Good for you.

In my experience, if I see a stranger that I want to tell something to, it makes me feel better if I just do it than let them walk away and not have that chance. Like if I see someone wearing a shirt with one of my favorite bands on it (doesn't happen that much), I will muster up the courage to approach them and say, "Cool shirt. I love that band" and almost always that person's face lights up and they are so happy that someone else knows that band, too! Then we get to talking and it's very cool and surreal, lots of smiles. :)

And sometimes it's fun to just say something to someone and see what they do. At work, I have to do customer service. I usually keep it short and sweet, but every once in a while, I feel chatty (yes, once in a blue moon it has been known to happen!) and I will say something to the customer. Usually regarding the book they are buying or selling, as I work at a bookstore. They are usually happy to tell you about the book and their opinions. It is just fun. And the more you do it, the less scary it is. Just don't think about it and do it.

And sometimes you actually learn something! For instance, once i saw this guy wearing a shirt for the band Magma. The Magma I know and like is a German band consisting of only drums and organ. So I went up to him and said, "Hey cool shirt, Magma is really good!" and we got to talking about Magma and I said something about it being a duo, with just drums and organ and he looked really confused and said that they are actually a larger band that plays jazzy prog rock. I was confused because the Magma I know is pretty minimalistic yet both were from Europe. We got so fired up into the conversation that we actually went to each other's cars and sat in them and found examples of Magma on our mp3 players to play for the other person. It was really cool because we both learned something that night! You just never know what could happen! :)

·
Registered
873 Posts
1. Getting women's numbers (or at least trying). The thousands of regrets of not being courageous have haunted me to the tipping point. I will not let this happen again.
2. Getting accepted to grad schools (and more yet to come)
3. Receiving second chances (also, similar to #2). A chance at academic redemption
4. Every time I reach my destination safely by car or air
5. Personal health checks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YEAH! That's awesome. Good for you.

In my experience, if I see a stranger that I want to tell something to, it makes me feel better if I just do it than let them walk away and not have that chance. Like if I see someone wearing a shirt with one of my favorite bands on it (doesn't happen that much), I will muster up the courage to approach them and say, "Cool shirt. I love that band" and almost always that person's face lights up and they are so happy that someone else knows that band, too! Then we get to talking and it's very cool and surreal, lots of smiles. :)

And sometimes it's fun to just say something to someone and see what they do. At work, I have to do customer service. I usually keep it short and sweet, but every once in a while, I feel chatty (yes, once in a blue moon it has been known to happen!) and I will say something to the customer. Usually regarding the book they are buying or selling, as I work at a bookstore. They are usually happy to tell you about the book and their opinions. It is just fun. And the more you do it, the less scary it is. Just don't think about it and do it.

And sometimes you actually learn something! For instance, once i saw this guy wearing a shirt for the band Magma. The Magma I know and like is a German band consisting of only drums and organ. So I went up to him and said, "Hey cool shirt, Magma is really good!" and we got to talking about Magma and I said something about it being a duo, with just drums and organ and he looked really confused and said that they are actually a larger band that plays jazzy prog rock. I was confused because the Magma I know is pretty minimalistic yet both were from Europe. We got so fired up into the conversation that we actually went to each other's cars and sat in them and found examples of Magma on our mp3 players to play for the other person. It was really cool because we both learned something that night! You just never know what could happen! :)
exactly u never do know ive had plenty of regrets for not saying something when i wish i would had but its not like that anymore

Reactions: ethylester

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yay I'm so glad for you! Sports always give people a high! (generally.. sort of.. )

I think possibly the opposite has happened.. I used to be Hyper Princess but now I'm Miss Mellow.. :/

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
I think if the person looks approachable, or if I really really admire them, I could definitely do it. I just hear this voice inside me saying "DO IT DO IT DO IT" and I find myself going up to them before even having the time to chicken out. It's almost like I'm trying to beat myself haha.

Like today, it was my second day attending a conference on autism, and one of the professors speaking was just very.. magnetic to me. She came especially from the US to my country for this conference, to raise awareness about autism and this new treatment they implemented at Stanford. She spoke with so much passion but at the same time, this bubbliness that was so endearing, and after the conference, I just went up to her and told her how much I loved what she said.

I always experience this sort of internal pressure with when I want to do something like that, this intense conflict between wanting to run away to avoid sounding creepy or ridiculous, and this drive to do it that always ends up winning because when it's there, it's so strong. I never regret it when I listen to the latter, because often I find that people love being approached.

Reactions: Luke
1 - 10 of 10 Posts