Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this is just comparing what activities types gravitate towards.

As for myself, I am an ENTP, and during high school I was involved in:

Writer's Club
Debate (LD)
Speech (PO + PR)
Spanish Honor Society
HOLA (spanish dancing)
FCA (fellowship of christian athletes)
FFA (future farmers of america)

In college:

Speech (POI + PR)
Anime Club
Fencing
Kendo

So.... comparing myself to my type, my activities rolled with: Extraversion (speaking activities), Percieving (learning about diff cultures and gaining perspective), Intuition - eh, that's kind of hard to pin down w/clubs, Thinking - applying thought to body and speech

Let me hear what you think! GO.

·
Registered
94 Posts
was captain of the cheerleading squad, ran track and played softball. also did dance, was on the yearbook staff and in varsity P club and was voted best eyes in HS...i never did mind a little boost to the ol self esteem lol

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
High school:

Student Advisory Commission with the mayor
National Honor Society (well, the applications were turned in last week, but I'm as good as in)
Gay-Straight Alliance
Student Council
French Club
Art Club

and I go to a math/sci/tech school.

Emphasis on communication, service, and expression... ENFx?

·
Registered
351 Posts
...I find it difficult to motivate myself to get involved in things. Except theater. I have been absolutely devoting my life and all my time to theater; I want high school theater to run on a professional level, and become exasperated by people who can't seem to pick up the simple tenants of acting with weeks of practice. Which has resulted in my becoming a sort of onstage director who is probably quite annoying. But right. All the "type profiles" seem to suggest that Science Club would be a better place for an INTJ than the drama department, but I know another INTx who is also one of the top performers there, so I think the standard "type profiles" might be just a little bit BS-ed as far as the interests of INTx's go. :crazy:

Theater is the only one of my passions that hasn't "fizzled out" somewhat after a year or so; it seems to give back what I put into it, and it's the only form of art I'm good at.

By contrast, I found myself involved in community service only because it was necessary to make me look good on applications to top schools. ;;^.^ I do enjoy tutoring, though.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
The best kind of club:
Madhatter's club
Population: 1

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
High School
Concert Choir
Writer's Club
National Honor Society
Photography

College
Choir
Newspaper
Photography

Lifelong
Writing
Singing/Music
Horseback riding

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Over-achievers...
I joined several clubs, but I never actually showed up to more than one or two meetings. I ended up going to German Club with my sister for convenience, though.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
In High School I played a few sports and did a bit of theatre and in college am in Film Club, a few political/social action clubs, and have been to a few basic formals and been miserable. In the High School yearbook I was voted "Most likely to win a non-violent debate", "Most likely to become Chairman of the Fed" and "Funniest Student". There you go.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
In high-school, I wrestled. In college, I worked on the school paper. I wanted to join the philosophy club, but never did.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I'm in high school. Clubs? uhh... I hang out in the library a lot and frequently see the same people. Does that count?

If there was a psychology, sociology, or philosophy club, I'd join it. I considered joining the GSA, but there are too many people I dislike in that one.

I sometimes go to German club meetings even though I don't speak German.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
In high school I over-extended myself to extremes, so I'm not even going to bother with the endless list I'd have to make to say everything I was doing.

College I've learned to balance. I joined our club Ultimate Frisbee team, am involved with our National Honors co-ed fraternity, and that's about all I can handle with school and two jobs. I would be interested in a art/graphic design club if I had the time, as well as possibly others, but I don't think I see myself with the Dungeons and Dragons club anytime soon, or anything like that. There is a gamer's guild, which is completely different, though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm still in high school. I'm in debate, science olympiad, principal's advisory committee and film fest committee. I was considering joining newspaper and the gay-straight-alliance but I was already too committed to other stuff I cared more about.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts