Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this link, talking about high school streotypes... I think it's incredibly streotypical and "bad" for SJs and ESPs (why are ESFJs mean and ENFJs are angels, or INTJs are focused and driven and ISTJs are doormats? Urgh). Also, I found no logic in the INFJ one but mhm, okay xD I fit the ENFJ streotype, what about you?

ESFJ- You were popular. High school was a place where you naturally thrived, as you enjoyed navigating the politics that came along with placing one thousand angsty teenagers together and forcing them to mingle relentlessly. You dated often, played whatever sport it was cool to play and were probably kind of mean for the first couple of years. You still miss high school a bit, to be honest.

ENFP-You were either the class clown or the drama geek, possibly both. You had a strange, disjointed friend group that ranged from total nerds to reigning socialites and mostly you just floated around. You couldn’t wait to finish high school and go do your gap year in Zimbabwe, which you talked about pretty unceasingly.

ESTP- You were a jock. You were the first of your friends to get laid and you enjoyed the sense of superiority it brought you. You popped your collar, played a lot of sports and possibly dealt a few drugs on the side. Teachers liked you so you skimmed by in school. High school was a good time for you.

INTJ- You were a stereotypical nerd. You took advanced placement everything and consistently achieved straight As. You didn’t have much time for the politics or drama of high school because you were busy preparing your application for Harvard, which you got into by the end of your junior year. High school was a largely uninteresting time for you and you regarded it only as a means to the end of higher education.

INTP- You were a less stereotypical nerd. You were smart but didn’t much care for the way most subjects were taught and chose to skip school quite a bit. The social scene didn’t much interest you, save for a few friends who you sat with at lunch and talked Star Wars with. You pretty much just rode high school out, earning decent grades with minimal effort and frustrating teachers with your consistent refusal to ‘apply yourself.’

ESFP- You held all of the parties worth going to in high school. You were effortlessly popular and widely desired by the opposite sex. You had a natural knack for athleticism, fashion and charming others, which allowed you to be dominant without engaging in the deadly sin of trying too hard. Everyone wanted to be you or be on you and high school was a time that you enjoyed.

ENTP- You were the hot nerd. You could usually be found arguing with teachers and authority figures over the latest lesson that they were wrong about, just because you felt like raising hell. You were a badass with brains and it was sexy. High school was okay but you couldn’t wait to get out and have complete autonomy over your life.

ISTP- You were the skater boy Avril Lavigne was singing about. You were punk back when punk was a thing and your attitude of genuine aloofness was attractive to the opposite sex (Unfortunately you were too aloof to notice). You thought high school was, in a word, meh. But that was your opinion on everything.

ENFJ- You were the valedictorian. You were well-liked, high-achieving, head of several social committees and you probably planned prom. You were the person everyone else’s moms asked them why they couldn’t be more like.

ISFP- You were the quiet, artistic kid with awesome taste in music. Social status wasn’t your greatest concern but you were just alternative enough to be considered cool and got invited to all the right parties. You were known for always bringing a blunt and for being surprisingly insightful.

ISTJ- You were probably the hall monitor. Sticking to the rules was your jam and you consistently achieved straight A’s through hard work, dedication and diligence. Once you memorized basic social protocol you got on okay with your peers but never cared to get too involved in the social scene. You were over high school by your sophomore year and couldn’t wait to be around levelheaded adults in the real world.

ESTJ- You were the high school bully. You quickly picked up on social protocols and rose to the top of the food chain because others feared your wrath. You were a somewhat obnoxious teenager who could usually be found taking lunch money off the emo kids or picking a fight to flex your muscles.

INFJ- You were a band geek. Your best friends were fellow band geeks, one of whom you lost your virginity to and then dated on and off until high school ended. You got straight A’s, but that was a given. When you were not in band practice you could be found reading alone in the library, wearing an “I <3 Nerds” t-shirt and eyeing up the hot ENTP.

ISFJ- You were the teacher’s pet. You got straight A’s, scraped by socially and ended up marrying your high school sweetheart. You were too sweet to be picked on but too shy to be popular so you stuck close to a few good friends and just rode your teen years out.

ENTJ- You were the student body president. You kept a tight reign on your social standing, extra curricular presence and grade point average. You were neurotic but in a way that worked for you. You were voted “Most likely to become the next President” in your high school yearbook, which you oversaw the production for.

INFP- You were a bookworm. You could be found on the fringes of the social scene, hanging out with emo or hipster kids and daydreaming through most of your classes. You weren’t a huge fan of high school because it didn’t provide you with ample opportunity to express yourself. You knew that once you got into the real world it’d be your chance to shine.

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts
I'm pleasantly surprised how accurate these are for the people I grew up with. It obviously has a 90's/00's bias, so maybe not every generation will relate.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yea they are pretty accurate actually, it fits for me and some of my friends.

Now that I think about it, the ones with top grades are usually ISxJs. They may be less naturally inclined to things like maths and physics than NTs, but they make up for it with sheer hard work and practice. I respect them a lot actually

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that I think about it, the ones with top grades are usually ISxJs. They may be less naturally inclined to things like maths and physics than NTs, but they make up for it with sheer hard work and practice. I respect them a lot actually
AGREED. My friend is most likely an ISTJ and she works so hard and she has the best grades! Also she's so NOT a doormat thank you so much :D

·
&#127872;
11,795 Posts
I was kinda like an ENFJ for first 2 years.And I say kinda because I wasn't terribly dedicated to it,I did the least work possible to be like that.Later I was just extremely,and I mean extremely and obviously not interested in school,but could get away with it thanks to being an angel in the beginning.

The ISFJ description fits all the ISFJs I've known.
And one more likely to be ESFJ girl fit ENFJ description(I really don't get why those two are so different)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hahaha this is funny and somewhat accurate, I can understand why you got butthurted, but remember this is all based on functions, that's the reason INTJs were planning and focusing on going to Harvard (Ni+Te) and ISTJs were the hall monitors worrying about the grades itself (Si+Te) I believe I'm right in the xNTP bias, and of course is just for fun, I'm way more badass than this post says!

·
Registered
655 Posts
hmm, i semi-relate to the INFP one, though can see elements of myself in ISFP and INTP also. as emberfly mentioned, i don't relate to the "hipster/emo" thing because i'm older. i also lived in a weird rural area so we mostly had religious/popular kids, jock/popular kids, kids everyone called "aggies" who wore cowboy hats and learned how to farm, and everyone else. i was artsy/goth and hung out with a small variety of weirdos, nerds, shy kids, and weirdonerds. we kind of stuck out like a sore thumb there though, there were few "alternative" people as we called it back then. had i grown up in a city, i'm sure it'd have been different. i agree though that i really disliked high school. it seemed so arbitrary, immaturely tedious, cruel and boring. i couldn't wait to get out since day one.

that INTJ description sounds exactly like my INTJ mom though, haha. she kept trying to instill that sort of attitude into me but for the most part it didn't stick.

Reactions: Adena

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Makes sense to me, lives up pretty well to most of the people I knew in middle and high school. The only ones really off are INFJ (which is completely random) and ENFP (which should probably be given a slightly altered version of INFJs description, most of the ones I knew were band geeks or anime kids). The ESTJ one is also pretty bad. Overall though, one of the better "MBTI types as" that I've seen.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Maybe as a child but after some point near the end of primary school I became a massive loner and extremely shy.

I didn't recover from the social stunt until I finally finished education ten years later. Now I'm pretty normal apart from a few residual issues but that's okay.

But now I guess I have a low tolerance for stupidity. I won't bully but... I won't be nice either. Having said that, that's just because I pick up stuff pretty quickly. It's a terrible trait to deride someone for being slow, but... if I have to explain something more than three times with visual demonstrations and you promptly forget it, you're an idiot. .-.

tl;dr I kinda forgot where I was going with this but yeah the ESTJ description wasn't accurate for me. But then I had issues.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe as a child but after some point near the end of primary school I became a massive loner and extremely shy.

I didn't recover from the social stunt until I finally finished education ten years later. Now I'm pretty normal apart from a few residual issues but that's okay.

But now I guess I have a low tolerance for stupidity. I won't bully but... I won't be nice either. Having said that, that's just because I pick up stuff pretty quickly. It's a terrible trait to deride someone for being slow, but... if I have to explain something more than three times with visual demonstrations and you promptly forget it, you're an idiot. .-.

tl;dr I kinda forgot where I was going with this but yeah the ESTJ description wasn't accurate for me. But then I had issues.
The ESxJs ones are kinda mean and streotypical, especially the ESTJ one. I remember reading this and be like "O_O not all ESTJs are bullies wth"

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can relate with my personality type. The difference is I don't frustrate teachers as I prefer to avoid unwanted attention. I keep my thoughts to myself. Eventually they always accommodate me. In the end I get good grades with minimal effort.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I relate to the ENTP, ISTP (except for the skater part, lol), and ISFP one. It just really depends on my humor on a certain day.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I personally only slightly relate to ESTP though. I had cripplingly low self confidence that didn't start to recover until junior year was well underway so I never stood out much, I was just kind of there for most of high school. But I was friends with ESTPs, who were exactly like that (although the guy I knew who grew his own marijuana and sold it was probably an ENTP).

I was more of the person who had friends in every group so I just kind of hung out with whoever. Because my High School was part of the same complex as a middle and elementary school, I was cool with different people from all over the place because I pretty much grew up with a lot of these people and remembered when they used to eat sand. My stereotype probably would have been "likable slacker". Would literally almost never bring in my homework or do more than the bare minimum but would still pass all my classes (and even sometimes get recommended for higher level classes), come to class late, fall asleep randomly, and my friends noted that I was only with them at lunch some of the time because I would have detention so often. Which was almost never fun like In The Breakfast Club, the room echoed so you'd always be insecure that you were eating too loudly.

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
ESFJ couldn't be more wrong for me. I was an outcast that everybody hated. I also didn't play any sports.

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I didn't care about social standing at all. I just did whatever I wanted to and if someone wanted to join me, they were free to do so.

I was voted the person most likely to get rich later, though. :p

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
The ESxJs ones are kinda mean and streotypical, especially the ESTJ one. I remember reading this and be like "O_O not all ESTJs are bullies wth"
All SJs have unflattering descriptions, but then again, this is nothing new in typology. It's getting rather boring to keep reading how ESFJs are bitches, ESTJs are bullies, ISTJs are killjoys and ISFJs are pushovers. I don't really bother getting mad anymore, as it seems like this will never go away. :dry:

·
Registered
15,891 Posts
Quite accurate for my type :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts