Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my ENFP friends is having problems with her boyfriend. She has a much higher sex drive than he does, and it's reached the point where he feels he can never satisfy her. She's very emotionally needy - even with me she's constantly asking how I feel, if I'm ok, and she's constantly patting or hugging or touching me. I get the feeling that sex is the main way she knows how to connect with her boyfriend. It's how she knows he's happy.

So I have two questions for you all. First, is a high sex drive common among ENFP's, especially females? Second, have any of you ever had similar experiences? If so, what did you do? How do you best connect with your significant other?

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
One of my ENFP friends is having problems with her boyfriend. She has a much higher sex drive than he does, and it's reached the point where he feels he can never satisfy her.
HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN? What's up with this dude? Not normal. I couldn't get enough of my ENFP.

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
I dated two ENFPs and they were off the charts compared to the other women. NOT EVEN CLOSE

So I have two questions for you all. First, is a high sex drive common among ENFP's, especially females? Second, have any of you ever had similar experiences? If so, what did you do? How do you best connect with your significant other?
Is this a rhetorical question??

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Back to the 55 pages of yes ENFP males and females have such high sex drives even INTJs can't use a scientific method to reason why.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
How do you best connect with your significant other?
Um ...in the childhood sex education book, "Where Did I Come From?" it says that sex is the closest hug you can give another person. I guess that idea sort of stayed with me.

It also may be the reason why it can hurt so much to be rejected sexually by a mate.

Anyway, I am not one who is very big on "arm hugs". But I do love the "naked hug" so very, very, very, very, very, very much infinite. :blushed:

1,750 Posts
Bwahahaha yes yes and yes. It's not the only thing that I want to do, but with the right lover I would consider a 3 week vacation to just do that... with some board games and cooking in there. One has to take breaks and eat right?

Being rejected for sex more than say 70% of the time is a relationship killer for me. Not because I need the sex itself but it hurts my feelings. Sex does not always equal love but in a relationship it kinda does sorry.

Edited to add: with a massively different level of sex drive I did NOT connect with my SO. Relationship fail.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
1. Redundant, but yes.
2. The thing is.... >.> Well 2 things, really. XD She may be one of those ladies that require being completely exhausted before being sated. It's wonderful being with a great guy....but just physically speaking, it's not completely satisfying.... If she has multiple orgasms, it's basically like the main event is foreplay if the foreplay itself doesn't take care of the bulk of the needs. It just requires a little extra effort and attention by the guy ahead of time - and I can't imagine many would object. :p

Secondly - if there is something she needs from her bf, she needs to verbalize it. A deep, meaningful connection is all well and good....but it doesn't come with telepathic powers. Communication is still a vital part of any relationship. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes, I have had an extremely high sex drive since I was a young teenager. One of the major problems in my last relationship (which was with my first ever sexual partner) was that his sex drive was much, much lower than mine, and he had problems with PE so sex was never satisfying. I tried, for over two years, to accept this about him, but in the end I just couldn't. He was also incompetent at communication.

"I get the feeling that sex is the main way she knows how to connect with her boyfriend. It's how she knows he's happy."

I can't speak for the girl you're referring to, but I find this notion almost offensive. I have a high sex drive because I love the physical experience of sex. Yes I like to know that the person I'm doing it with is enjoying it too but I would never have sex for any reason other than wanting sex. If I want to connect intimately with my partner I feel there are loads of other ways you can do this. Sex for me is about physical satisfaction and pleasure primarily, and if there is also a deep emotional attachment this does enhance the pleasure but I crave sex whether I am attached to someone or not.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Um ...in the childhood sex education book, "Where Did I Come From?" it says that sex is the closest hug you can give another person. I guess that idea sort of stayed with me.

It also may be the reason why it can hurt so much to be rejected sexually by a mate.

Anyway, I am not one who is very big on "arm hugs". But I do love the "naked hug" so very, very, very, very, very, very much infinite. :blushed:
I love nakey hug T^T Sex isn't the same without the snuggle...

·
Registered
142 Posts
dude. My ENFP gf said to me (or claimed) that she has an extremely high sex drive and that it's been a problem with others in the past. I quote, "Yeahhh I'm sorta..a..hypersexual."
I was like, oh good! haha. Goodness, she cannot even keep up with me. I've realized I have a much MUCH higher sex drive than she does. I could probably go like 5x a day, or just whenever, ha. The light switch is forever turned on and can't be turned off!
She says she's never had sex more than once a day... lol and I get rejected sometimes and it killlsss me.

Reactions: dawnriddler

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
is a high sex drive common among ENFP's, especially females?
For me..erm...:blushed:

Reactions: 2eng

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sure ENFP's have strong libidos, most likely due to the nature of being constantly energized by things of interest (ie. Sexual gratification). For me personally, the intimacy of being that close with someone physically, excites the hell out of me. Most of my bedroom time is spent predominantly on foreplay - it fulfills a deep desire to give pleasure to someone I cherish.

My two cents.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Oy vey.. I'm 18, and I have to say.
The drive must be on crack.. I don't really like talking about this sort of thing.. But yeah.. Seriously high.
I'd imagine that whenever I'm married, yeah..

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Sure ENFP's have strong libidos, most likely due to the nature of being constantly energized by things of interest (ie. Sexual gratification).
Just a question: Do you think that Ne is the driving force behind this?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah for somebody that's looking for an ENFP for a girlfriend; myself. This is all fantastic news. :happy:

Reactions: Katie Tran
1 - 20 of 88 Posts