Personality Cafe banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
How simplistic your thought process must be to come to such conclusive insinuations of what it is I may or may not believe from two lines on a half joke thread. Seriously.
Lighten up.
how do you not see you're the one offended, making this a big deal AND to the point of attacking me personally
and to think I was just trying to encourage you that it's not your type that is the problem and you can actually get better
jesuschrist

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Look, I appreciate the gesture and intentions. I take back nothing. Guess I'm a fiend. And you are a butterfly, faultless, pristine. Perfect.
how do you not see you're the one offended, making this a big deal AND to the point of attacking me personally
and to think I was just trying to encourage you that it's not your type that is the problem and you can actually get better
jesuschrist

I have a question for you about directions. How do you maintain awareness of those directions as you drive, mentally. Like, as you are making turns left and right, do you mentally switch automatically from feeling you're driving southward to westward etc? On each turn do you mentally consciously make the switch or are you more paying attention to road signs like 101 South etc.
Both.

I'm pretty clueless about "south," etc., if I'm not using a map. But if I've consulted a map, I know I'm now driving toward the bottom of the map.

Road signs are important too. Kind of a reality check. Like, Oops, why does that sign say 97 if I'm supposed to be on 101? Time to consult the map again.

Sorry, I can't give a helpful answer, as I've always been able to read maps and use them to find my way. For me, it's as if the map is the real world, and the route conforms to the map.

I have problems with landmarks and verbal instructions. You can tell me there's a blue door, but I won't see it. As for trees, there are lots of trees. Give me street names and numbers.

With maps, maybe you can improve with practice. Make a point of looking at a map before you go anywhere, even if you know the way. Make it a game?
This is precisely how it is with me. And the reverse is also true; I can't tell anyone how to get to my place of work or residence. They even start asking questions, like "oh, is that street near such and such burger join?t", and I am like, shrug..." I guess" The best I can do is give them a street name to look up, lol.

I guess Te helps, and maybe Ne does too? I feel like I’m pretty good with giving directions and even suggesting alternatives and other time/effort shit. I just have to manage turning off Fi, then I become a god, but generally speaking you won’t have to worry about my attempts at world domination.

This is precisely how it is with me. And the reverse is true; I can't tell anyone how to get to my place of work or residence. They even start asking questions, like "oh, is that street near such and such burger joint", and I am like, shrug..." I guess" The best I can do is give them a street name to look up, lol.
Oh yeah. I once asked someone to tell me how far (in kilometers) she lived from an intersection, so I could look at the map and plan my walking route. I specifically asked her not to tell me landmarks. She replied, "It's the third driveway after the roadhouse." 🤷‍♀️

Another time, someone offered to host something at his house. Instead of giving his address, he said something about going over "a little bridge," and a fallen log. I knew the area, but was never aware of a bridge, just the road. And since we lived in a forest, there were a million fallen logs. Needless to say, I stayed home.

Si user not only can navigate by memorizing the map in their minds, they can also recall, direct and remotely lead others to the correct destination where as Se users kinda need to walk around and look at whats there and work out where they are and where to go.

This is all assuming that this test is in isolation since all types can use all 8 functions and if Si blind users focus enough on Si only, they can navigate but it's draining as shit and not preferred.

Like I'm always gonna prefer looking at the external environment to navigate i.e looking at landmarks and the exterior environment over trying to recall the image of the map I have in my mind coz the image itself is already fuzzy and half the time it's not even accurate coz Si trickster.

Theres also a huge diff between having the map handy vs needing to remember said map, if needing to remember map then I'm a true Si blind, not gonna remember the map without insane amounts of energy spent to focus on converting that to long term memory but if I get to hold a map in hand and it's well drawn with noticeable landmarks like street signs then I'll be using both the map and confirming it with the street signs to navigate.

However, if this was in the forest, having a map is worthless thus I can't navigate period, I'll just get lost unless I do the breadcrumb method or "follow the coast line" method.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Si user not only can navigate by memorizing the map in their minds, they can also recall, direct and remotely lead others to the correct destination where as Se users kinda need to walk around and look at whats there and work out where they are and where to go.

This is all assuming that this test is in isolation since all types can use all 8 functions and if Si blind users focus enough on Si only, they can navigate but it's draining as shit and not preferred.

Like I'm always gonna prefer looking at the external environment to navigate i.e looking at landmarks and the exterior environment over trying to recall the image of the map I have in my mind coz the image itself is already fuzzy and half the time it's not even accurate coz Si trickster.

Theres also a huge diff between having the map handy vs needing to remember said map, if needing to remember map then I'm a true Si blind, not gonna remember the map without insane amounts of energy spent to focus on converting that to long term memory but if I get to hold a map in hand and it's well drawn with noticeable landmarks like street signs then I'll be using both the map and confirming it with the street signs to navigate.

However, if this was in the forest, having a map is worthless thus I can't navigate period, I'll just get lost unless I do the breadcrumb method or "follow the coast line" method.
Breadcrumbs fly away. The forest animals nibble them.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
I guess Te helps, and maybe Ne does too? I feel like I’m pretty good with giving directions and even suggesting alternatives and other time/effort shit. I just have to manage turning off Fi, then I become a god, but generally speaking you won’t have to worry about my attempts at world domination.
God loved the world too much to dominate it.

This reminded me of the whole si/ne axis explores the Si world abstractly, extending possibilities of routes say vs ni/se explores the abstract world, sensorily. Rough idea initially from which moves to explore ~ perhaps

#playdough ;)
Rocks.

#iloveinsidejokes

Also idk if you have enough playdough. It's like a scarce resource so ya sure you wanna be laying them out like that. #notscience #whereislogic.
#preservetheplaydough #wedontdestroyrarehabitat
#peaceonearth 🕊 ✌ 😉
True, I have pretty limited amounts of playdough, gotta reserve that shit for special occasions :3

But I got plenty of Rock!

I distinctly remember people struggling with maps, pre GPS days. But that may be the case.

I have a question for you about directions. How do you maintain awareness of those directions as you drive, mentally. Like, as you are making turns left and right, do you mentally switch automatically from feeling you're driving southward to westward etc? On each turn do you mentally consciously make the switch or are you more paying attention to road signs like 101 South etc.
That is exactly how I do it Rihanna. I commute 150 miles to work and back. I know the sun is behind me going and coming, so naturally feel that I am going the opposite direction of the sun. During oversized turns in the highway, I can feel I am no longer going west/east, but now going SW or NE, etc.

This can also be based on where the sun is placed on my vehicle. For example, during my evening drive home, the sun is west so in my back wind shied. I know I am headed east. If I make a winding turn, and the sun is on my arm while driving, I know I have started heading NE or due north.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.