Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
This isn't surprising... I think IQ tests can be more biased towards abstract thinking. They also don't typically measure emotional, kinesthetic, and other types of intelligence.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Its because of the type of intelligence that the IQ test measures. It is only 1 type of intelligence. when there are like 9 different intelligences that form someones whole intelligence

·
Registered
10 Posts
I remember reading the highest single MB type was INTJ, which makes sense because of the massive emphasis on left brained functions in intelligence testing. Interesting article though, thanks for the post.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I don't particularly trust it.

For one thing, in the section that includes people who are alive today, 12 out of 15 are listed as "allegedly" having a particular IQ, only 3 of them actually had their IQ scores verified. So for the great bulk of people on that list, we have no way of knowing what their actual IQ is.

I would also be curious to know if the personality types assigned to the people who are still alive, have been given to them as a result of them being tested, or is it just a guess that they have that particular personality type. I can say for sure that for almost all the people on that list who are no longer alive, the personality type assigned to them is purely a guess, so is not reliable at all.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I remember reading somewhere that the closer in type one is to INTJ, the more likely (statistically) speaking that one will have a high IQ. I believe that the iNtuitive preference is most important, followed by Introversion. I think it makes sense, if only due to the way IQ tests are designed and what they actually represent. As has been mentioned, they primarily assess a particular aspect of intelligence.

Reactions: IcarusDreams

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Bach was an estj?!?!?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who the hell are these guys?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I honestly dont think that IQ can be measured. I mean you can measure how good people are at solving the specific assortment of questions/ tasks but I dont think that that even covers 1/1000th of all the different varieties and shades of possible human intelligence.

But I like that they list these 6 additional types of intelligence. Never heard about that before and never been tested on those in any of the IQ-tests I've done.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bach was an estj?!?!?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who the hell are these guys?
hmm I'm sure there are artists that are ESTJs. Maybe they dont represent the vast majority of artists, but unless you know someone personally, it's difficult to judge someones type by profession alone.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
This is true. An estj i met last year argued as passionately about music as I do, only he was comparing Tupac's delivery with Biggie's (when I chimed in with the assertion that biggie was more rhythmically sophisticated, they were like O.O).

But, this is JS Bach we are talking about. He's an inspirational archetypical representation of an introverted intuitive. I believe he was a perciever as well. I think he may be one of the most, if not the single most intuitive composer to have ever lived.

This is fairly subjective territory, though, and my perspective is somewhat biased as I've always had a ridiculous connection with bach's music.

EDIT: I found a great article about Bach's ideological positioning within the schismatic shift that germany was undergoing during his lifetime. He had a fairly individualistic take on things to say the least: http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~tas3/rationalistpietist.html

·
Registered
742 Posts
I don't know what we're referring to since it was taken down, but I agree with most responses on here.

Personally, if I'm being honest, I'm kind of obsessed with being "intelligent" (whatever that means), but after countless intelligence "tests", I'm convinced the most gifted parts of each human's brain can't be measured whatsoever.

We base our tests and definitions of intelligence based on conclusions or end points of a thought pattern, not the pattern itself. Whats more is not all intelligence is transferable into something tangible that others can understand. So much happens unseen and unheard, but we only recognize it when it is seen and heard.

This video really got me thinking about this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts