Personality Cafe banner

What is the highest level of education you have completed?

• Doctorate

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Masters

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Bachelor

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • High School

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Lower than high school

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the highest level of education you have completed? I'd like to know how well INTJs are doing in academia. Or whether they step out early and start working.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I'm still studying but I'm thinking a lot about quitting and go work because I believe I'll learn more and faster that way.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Master's. Want another one though. Or maybe even a PhD as well. Y'know, for kicks.

Reactions: Filo

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I am actually thinking of getting another masters, either art or law. It's too bad I can't combine it with my job. Maybe when I'm sent on gardening leave...

·
Registered
87 Posts
You didn't list "Associates" as an educational level. I currently hold an Associates in Theology, and I'm working toward a Bachelor's of Science in I.T. a double major - Programming & Database Administration. However I've been out of school and in the working world for 10 years before starting on my Bachelors. Once I've got the bachelor's, we'll see... but I'm thinking I'll want to get an engineering degree, then maybe master's in process analysis. Every couple of weeks I rethink where I want to go and what I want my education to be, and every time it's a little different (and sometimes a LOT different)...

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm still studying but I'm thinking a lot about quitting and go work because I believe I'll learn more and faster that way.
No, finish it. A degree will open a lot of doors, not merely for income, but for fulfillment. It takes a lot more effort to get to the same point via "real world" than with a degree (cost benefit).

Master's. Want another one though. Or maybe even a PhD as well. Y'know, for kicks.
I am actually thinking of getting another masters, either art or law. It's too bad I can't combine it with my job. Maybe when I'm sent on gardening leave...
The red tape is immense: I'm trying to get a second Master's now in an another field, but the requirements are so narrow that it's actually easier to just continue towards a PhD (which I don't want).

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
The red tape is immense: I'm trying to get a second Master's now in an another field, but the requirements are so narrow that it's actually easier to just continue towards a PhD (which I don't want).
I plan to do it via the Open University, so I can do it at my own pace. For stuff like law and art, books are really helpful to learn, you won't miss the practical courses that much. Also, it helps a lot I already have a lot of education under my belt - learning at undergraduate level goes at a breakneck pace.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I have an associates degree, then I dropped out because I believe the education system is not beneficial to my goals, nor the lifestyle I want to live.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I earned an Associate's first then got stupid and chose marriage instead of continuing my education. I returned to college and finished my Bachelor's in my mid-thirties. I learned a lot in the workforce that assisted me when i returned to college. Perspective, balance, tolerance, cynicism are all very useful skills that can only be truly appreciated in the workplace when you have a boss yelling in one ear and a customer yelling in the other.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Still in High School...but planning on achieving undergraduate degrees in Marketing and Finance; most likely masters degrees or possibly doctorate if I'm up for it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Don't give up now. Not if you've already started! I can remember how fed up I got at times, but I do think you'll regret it later if you quit.

I picked Bachelors. I have a BTECH. I considered doing my Masters until I heard our faculty's topic: Small, Medium and Micro Enterprises. Why would I waste a whole year of my life on that? Especially when it had to be that topic with an IT angle...blech. I wasn't prepared to move across the country just for a nice research topic.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bachelors. Spending the next few months jumping through hoops to get into graduate programs.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Fudging a bit...doctorate dissertation is in process. Coursework is done. I think if my home life was better and if my wife had in interest in what I do, my education would be much more fulfilling. That said, love studying and doing research.

Doctorate is in Education with an emphasis on children learning a foreign language.

Reactions: mony
1 - 20 of 26 Posts