Personality Cafe banner

What is the highest level of education you have completed?

• Doctorate

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Masters

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Bachelor

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • High School

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Lower than high school

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I'm at the end of my first (rather flouncy) BA (double major in Women's and Gender Studies and Philosophy) and that has channelled me towards a second Bachelors degree in Human Resources and Labour Relations.

Then I'll finally get a full-time job and start working, but I do plan on doing a Masters at some point when it's financially feasible and possibly even a PhD. Mostly to prove that I can, but also because I am seriously butthurt about the economic climate being such that there's no job security in academia anymore, which means no lecturing for me, which is what I was really passionate about at one point :sad:

There's also a possibility that my partner will do a PhD in engineering after he's finished his MSc and I love the idea of offending my anti-intellectual ESTJ father with the presence of such a highly educated couple in his life as much as I would have a giant competitive chip on my shoulder about being outeducated like that by my partner :tongue:

I also imagine that it would be highly amusing to have a giant string of letters after my name around the time that I have children so I can be even more out of place among the other mothers in, say, my prenatal group or my baby group who will no doubt also be significantly younger than me.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I've found that Bachelors degree was easier than high school...

I've also found that masters degree was easier than bachelors...

Not sure if should waste time and money on PhD now...

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Currently a sophomore in high school. Contemplating a career either in psychiatry, neuroscience, or politics.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Currently attending university, granted acceptance on academic exception though, as I didn't complete a course necessary to graduate high school.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts