Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
25/27...the other two I was more or less just undecided on.

Most of the things I wish weren't applicable, but they're there I guess. I don't think the test is particularly meaningful, especially because it basically hedges against itself by admitting those under 14 as possible HSPs.

Also, the concept of "Highly Sensitive Persons" is somewhat absurd. Even though I scored above 14, I'd still find it ridiculous if someone tried to explain their behavior to me by saying that they are "highly sensitive".

·
Registered
569 Posts
I only checked 8 which makes me wonder...In theory, as an INFP, shouldn't I be checking off tons of them?!?!
Nah, from what I understand from the questions, the whole "HSP" thing has more to do with actual sensory perception and the way in which you deal with it than your Thinking/Feeling preference. I'd assume that there'd be a larger number of NTs and NFs (especially introverts, probably) who meet lots of the criteria, but the HSP test seems to measure something different than MBTI.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Nah, from what I understand from the questions, the whole "HSP" thing has more to do with actual sensory perception and the way in which you deal with it than your Thinking/Feeling preference. I'd assume that there'd be a larger number of NTs and NFs (especially introverts, probably) who meet lots of the criteria, but the HSP test seems to measure something different than MBTI.
Ha!! I knew someone would get me on that!! Yeah, I figured that after thinking about the list, that it's more sensory and less emotional. I have a pretty impressive way with blocking out people and things that annoy me. :p For many years as a kid, my mother would tell me, angrily, that I blocked her out and I swear that just made me learn how to do it. :D

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know it's kind of ridiculous... when it says "deeply moved by x", I was unsure whether to check the box. Enjoy very much? Yes. Do I cry my eyes out watching The Notebook? No.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I know it's kind of ridiculous... when it says "deeply moved by x", I was unsure whether to check the box. Enjoy very much? Yes. Do I cry my eyes out watching The Notebook? No.
That's one of the two I checked. Not because of The Notebook but because of High School High.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
@nadjasix, well I guess the questions are in relation to our sensitivity to our surroundings because I KNOW that I am not sensitive in the "omg you like totally hurt my feelings T_T" kind of way. I shudder just thinking about myself in that context. This test just seems to determine how in tune we are to our sensory perception.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@nadjasix, well I guess the questions are in relation to our sensitivity to our surroundings because I KNOW that I am not sensitive in the "omg you like totally hurt my feelings T_T" kind of way. I shudder just thinking about myself in that context. This test just seems to determine how in tune we are to our sensory perception.
I can hear a pin drop on Mars, it's ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I don't remember what my score was. I just read the page that said "You are probably a highly sensitive person..." said, "Okay." and deleted it.

I hate loud noises. I also hate pain. I also hate the sound of metal against metal (I think I might be driving myself slightly crazy by it though, because whenever I read anything having to do with metal or hear the word "aluminum," I get shudders down my back. Just today, I think I tasted some aluminum in a Hershey's kiss and I spit it out xD).

But I don't cry in movies. I actually find books more moving, but I still don't cry when I read those...
...maybe once or twice, but still!
And I'll eat whatever crap I want. I actually don't mind fast food, cafeteria food from school, or greasy things, but my friends abhor them like the plague.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've always thought HSPs included people who were both sensitive to physical/sensory things and emotional things. I'm more on the emotional scale... and I'm pretty sure the test is intended to measure both of these aspects. I'm just hurt by the fact that you people don't seem to take this whole HSP thing seriously :/ Oh well. *shrugs*

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've always thought HSPs included people who were both sensitive to physical/sensory things and emotional things. I'm more on the emotional scale... and I'm pretty sure the test is intended to measure both of these aspects. I'm just hurt by the fact that you people don't seem to take this whole HSP thing seriously :/ Oh well. *shrugs*
I always thought it was more sensory and not emotional.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts