Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really have quotes that I like, so share some of yours! Break me with an inspiring/enlightening word!

Reactions: MaximL

·
Registered
161 Posts
“Oh sorry, I was taking life seriously.”
― Bill Hicks

“I'm tired of this back-slappin' "isn't humanity neat" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes.”
― Bill Hicks

“We think sometimes we're only drawn to the good, but we're actually drawn to the authentic. We like people who are real more than those who hide their true selves under layers of artificial niceties”
― Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, Life Lessons

“The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.”
― George Carlin

“We're so self-important. So arrogant. Everybody's going to save something now. Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save the snails. And the supreme arrogance? Save the planet! Are these people kidding? Save the planet? We don't even know how to take care of ourselves; we haven't learned how to care for one another. We're gonna save the fuckin' planet? . . . And, by the way, there's nothing wrong with the planet in the first place. The planet is fine. The people are fucked! Compared with the people, the planet is doin' great. It's been here over four billion years . . . The planet isn't goin' anywhere, folks. We are! We're goin' away. Pack your shit, we're goin' away. And we won't leave much of a trace. Thank God for that. Nothing left. Maybe a little Styrofoam. The planet will be here, and we'll be gone. Another failed mutation; another closed-end biological mistake.”
― George Carlin

(also the qoute in my signature)

aaaaaaaaand.......

“Meow” means “woof” in cat.”
― George Carlin

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
"the well bred contradict others, the wise contradict themselves"- Oscar Wilde

"the smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention"- Oscar Wilde

"Never love anybody who treats you as if you are ordinary"- Oscar Wilde

"Life is a one way trip, make it happy"-Ahmed Mayouf

"The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself"- Sam Clemmons

On humans, "We're just monkeys with car keys"- attributed to Woody Allen's grandmother

" Twenty years from now you will be disappointed by the things you didn't do rather than the one you did. So throw off the bowlines, catch the tradewinds in your sails and explore, dream, discover."-Sam Clemmons

I could go on for hours but this is a fair start

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
A few i can remember as of now. May add more later

What is essential is invisible to the eye

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future

Love is an act of self sacrifice

Beauty is nothing when the brain is empty

When I'm weak then I'm strong

God does not see what man sees. Man looks at the outward appearance but God looks at the heart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future

A qoute from alan watts that relates to that: "Every Saint needs a Sinner"

·
Registered
294 Posts
A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.
Lao Tzu

But he, that dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose.
Ann Bronte

Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution.
Albert Einstein

A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.
Segal's Law

Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.
Bruce Lee

·
Premium Member
15,179 Posts
“One can only tolerate the absolute idiocy of Man for so long before bringing out the bat.” Dean Hale

"We forge the chains we wear in life." Charles Dickens

"Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is." Mary Anne Roadacher-Hershey

"One of the most basic factors in sports is that winning becomes a habit, and losing is the same way. When failure starts to feel normal in your life or your work or even your darkest vices, you won't have to go looking for trouble, because trouble will find you. Count on it." Hunter S Thompson

"I learned a long time ago that reality was much weirder than anyone's imagination." Hunter S. Thompson

"Good news is rare these days, and every glittering ounce of it should be cherished and hoarded and worshipped and fondled like a priceless diamond." Hunter S. Thompson

Lloyd Dobler: I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed.

From the movie Local Hero:
Mac MacIntyre:
Where's the door here?

Gordon Urquhart:
There is no door. Just knock on the window.

Mac MacIntyre:
How do you do business with a man who has no door?

Victor:
The ethics are just the same.

From the movie Local Hero:
"Dream large..dream large..." (skip to 3 minutes, 6 seconds)

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
(writes the quote on a piece of paper, crumples it into a ball and throws it at ButIHaveNoFear's head) :tongue:
FINALLY someone answers my thread!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!:laughing:

·
Registered
20 Posts
"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed." - Chinese Proverb

"It always seems impossible until it's done." - Nelson Mandela

"You must do the things you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Everything in life that matters requires risk." - Unknown

"Everything is practice." - Pele

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." - Confucius

"What is defeat? Nothing but education, nothing but the first step to something better." - Bruce Lee

"On your journey thorugh life make sure your biography has at least one extraordinary chapter." - Unknown

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Charlie Chaplin

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at." - Stephen Hawking

"When I say "be fierce", it means live intensely and without fear. Be bold and strive for quality in all you do. Above all, be free to express yourself however you fucking well please, regardless of what others think. That's fierce." - Mumu Chiffon, Far Cry 4

*I actually have all of these quotes posted on my bedroom wall. I'm obsessed with quotes. lol

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
I totally blanked out when answering this thread last time. I have a few more quotes I've remembered to add.

"Creative work is not a selfish act or a bid for attention on the part of the actor. It's a gift to the world and every being in it." -Steven Pressfield

"The sweetest thing in all my life has been the longing — to reach the Mountain, to find the place where all the beauty came from — my country, the place where I ought to have been born. Do you think it all meant nothing, all the longing? The longing for home? For indeed it now feels not like going, but like going back." -C.S. Lewis

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin to slit throats." -H.L. Mencken

"He who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.” -John 3:21

"That government is best which governs not at all, and when men are ready for it, that is the government they will have." -Henry David Thoreau

"On our earth we can only love with suffering and through suffering. We cannot love otherwise." -Fyodor Dostoevsky

"To say to another: 'I love you', is to tell them: 'You will never die.' " -Kallistos Ware

FINALLY someone answers my thread!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!:laughing:
You're welcome. :happy:

And then at the bottom of the piece of paper, there's a note: "Hey, I've read a few posts of yours and I've got an invitation to extend. Come into the 'Flirt With An INFP' thread. You'll find me there, it's a great place for fun, games, food and drinks, great conversation and music. That is, if you're really as fearless as your name asserts you are. :wink:" (throws a smoke bomb on the ground and vanishes)

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
"If you ever find a hair in your food...don't look at it. Take it out quick, and eat the rest of your food."

- Me

1 - 20 of 351 Posts