Personality Cafe banner

301 - 320 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Get ready for some Naruto quotes...:
Sometimes you must hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain because life's greatest lessons are learned through pain."
[Lines omitted....] In this cursed world we live in, it is a cycle of hatred that will not cease."
"Just by living, people hurt others without even realizing it. So long as humanity exists, hate will also exist. There is no peace in this cursed world. War is just a crime paid for by the pain of the defeated..."
"It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions and by their appearances.
"Those who forgive themselves, and are able to accept their true nature... They are the strong ones!"
Knowledge and awareness are vague, and perhaps better called illusions. Everyone lives within their own subjective interpretation."
"The people of this clan are all the same. You focus on the trivial, and lose sight of what's most important. Change is impossible, in this fog of ignorance. How can we evolve when regulation is all we know?"
"Growth occurs when one goes beyond one's limits."
"When people get hurt, they learn to hate... When people hurt others, they become hated and racked with guilt. But knowing that pain allows people to be kind. Pain allows people to grow... and how you grow is up to you."
"It's human nature not to realize the true value of something, unless they lose it."
"The body ages, but the mind is immortal."
"Being the best isn't all it's made out to be. When you have power you become arrogant and isolated from the world."

Reactions: ReasonforTreason

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Pearl Madison : I'm only human, man.

Leland : It's funny how people only say that after they do something bad. I mean, you never hear someone say, "I'm only human" after they rescue a kid from a burning building.

From the movie The United States of Leland (2003)

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
I'm left speechless. [Did I say that out loud?] :winetime:

Please. Don't.
Just because they're from Naruto it doesn't mean they're worthless.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
"Beep beep, who's got the keys to the Jeep? Vrrrrmmm" ~ Missy Elliot

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
"Is it worth it? Let me work it
I put my thing down, flip it and reverse it
Ti esrever dna ti pilf, nwod gniht ym tup
Ti esrever dna ti pilf, nwod gniht ym tup"

~ Missy Elliot

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Space echoes like an immense tomb, yet the stars still burn. Why does the sun take so long to die?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
The rocks, in time, compress
Your blood to oil,
Your flesh to coal,
Enrich the soil,
Not everybody's goal.

Genesis - Anyway

·
Registered
200 Posts
"You don't have to be fearless to do anything. You can be scared out of your mind." -Esperanza Spalding

As someone who struggles a lot with anxiety, this was monumental. No one who's done anything huge had NO doubt, but they acted and excelled anyway.
You are not alone. Most people are scared and share similar fears. (Except ESTP's maybe. They seem to have unshakable confidence). Knowing that we are all in this together can make us braver and the fears that hinder us to go after our dreams smaller.

Here are some other beautiful quotes about fear from Susan Jeffers:

“Every time you encounter something that forces you to “handle it,” your self-esteem is raised considerably. You learn to trust that you will survive, no matter what happens. And in this way your fears are diminished immeasurably.”
“Rejection is rejection—wherever it is found. So you begin to protect yourself, and, as a result, greatly limit yourself. You begin to shut down and close out the world around you.”

“Patience means knowing it will happen . . . and giving it time to happen.”
“It’s a problem” is another deadening phrase. It’s heavy and negative. “It’s an opportunity” opens the door to growth. Each time you can see the gift in life’s obstacles, you can handle difficult situations in a rewarding way. Each time you have the opportunity to stretch your capacity to handle the world, the more powerful you become.”
“The biggest pitfall as you make your way through life is impatience. Remember that being impatient is simply a way of punishing yourself. It creates stress, dissatisfaction, and fear.”
“all my life I have never heard a mother call out to her child as he or she goes off to school, “Take a lot of risks today, darling.” She is more likely to convey to her child, “Be careful, darling.” This “Be careful” carries with it a double message: “The world is really dangerous out there” … and … “you won’t be able to handle it.” What Mom is really saying, of course, is, “If something happens to you, I won’t be able to handle it.” You see, she is only passing on her lack of trust in her ability to handle what comes her way.”
Feel the Fear 1.jpg

Fear 2.jpg

Mandela.jpg

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #316
"You don't have to be fearless to do anything. You can be scared out of your mind." -Esperanza Spalding

As someone who struggles a lot with anxiety, this was monumental. No one who's done anything huge had NO doubt, but they acted and excelled anyway.
You are not alone. Most people are scared and share similar fears. (Except ESTP's maybe. They seem to have unshakable confidence). Knowing that we are all in this together can make us braver and the fears that hinder us to go after our dreams smaller.

Here are some other beautiful quotes about fear from Susan Jeffers:

View attachment 839869

View attachment 839871

View attachment 839873
Gee... It's like you guys exposed the secret of my username or something...

I mull over a lot of things—I could spend all my time making a cocoon of "nope" and never accomplish anything. The only solution I've found is to just take action and get my hands dirty.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Gee... It's like you guys exposed the secret of my username or something...

I mull over a lot of things—I could spend all my time making a cocoon of "nope" and never accomplish anything. The only solution I've found is to just take action and get my hands dirty.
Lol. We share both perhaps the same issues. What you write sounds so much like me. I mull over a lot of things too ;( You know, if we INFPs can overcome the critical voice in our heads which makes us doubt and fearful and learn a little bit more resilience, we are pretty much unstoppable. Unnecessary fear can be a thief of opportunities. I came to the same solution as you. (In fact, it's the only solution I've found so far that has worked :D ). I make for example appointments and when others expect me to show up it's much harder to cancel activities, appointments or to do nothing. I try to make decisions for activities quickly according to my gut feeling because otherwise, I start to rethink things endlessly. Sometimes we need practical experience in the form of activities and have to try out a lot before we are sure what we like and what we do not like. Otherwise, our extroverted intuition goes completely crazy and will never shut up but constantly ask us "but what if..?".

Reactions: Phil

·
Corvus Cretin
20,950 Posts
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

·
Registered
588 Posts
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
Your quote reminded me of this little gem ...

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
― George Bernard Shaw

301 - 320 of 350 Posts