Personality Cafe banner

321 - 340 of 364 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
''I understand, all right. The hopeless dream of being - not seeming, but being. At every waking moment, alert. The gulf between what you are with others and what you are alone. The vertigo and the constant hunger to be exposed, to be seen through, perhaps even wiped out. Every inflection and every gesture a lie, every smile a grimace. Suicide? No, too vulgar. But you can refuse to move, refuse to talk, so that you don't have to lie. You can shut yourself in. Then you needn't play any parts or make wrong gestures. Or so you thought. But reality is diabolical. Your hiding place isn't watertight. Life trickles in from the outside, and you're forced to react. No one asks if it is true or false, if you're genuine or just a sham. Such things matter only in the theatre, and hardly there either. I understand why you don't speak, why you don't move, why you've created a part for yourself out of apathy. I understand. I admire. You should go on with this part until it is played out, until it loses interest for you. Then you can leave it, just as you've left your other parts one by one.''

-persona/ ingmar bergman

·
Registered
4 Posts
'I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic! I try to give that to people. I misrepresent things to people. I don't tell the truth, I tell what ought to be the truth. And if that's sinful, then let me be damned for it.'~Tenessee Williams

'I never was hard or self-sufficient enough. When people are soft-soft people have to shimmer and glow, they've got to put on soft colors, the colors of butterfly wings, and put a-paper lantern over the light...it isn't enough to be soft. You've got to be soft and attractive. And I-I'm fading now! I don't know how much longer I can turn the trick.'~Tenessee Williams

[Both quotes from Blanche Dubois from 'A streetcar named desire'. Blanche is one of those characters who make me uncomfortable with how much I relate to her.]

'The tough experiences in life are what make us girls prettier'~Sailor Moon

'Just by gazing at your sleeping face
and seeing how sweet-looking you are
my chest burns up, almost bringing me to tears
wondering how I can tell you my feelings'~ALI Project (Japanese singer) [Japanese lyrics sound oddly poetic when translated to English]

'For my will is as strong as yours. And my kingdom as great'~Sarah from Labyrinth

'Never lose your heart. It's the one thing they can't take from you'~Casanova from Casanova (the 2005 Russel T Davies version)

'It's you. You have all the weapons you need. Now fight'~Sweet Pea from Sucker Punch [I must be one of the five people in the world who like Sucker Punch unironically.]

'To live is to fight and to become beautiful is to become stronger'~Arika Takarano [More translated Japanese]

'Cersei Lannister: You act so smart. But you're not as smart as you think you are.
Tyrion: Still makes me smarter than you' [AKA: the greatest comeback in history.]

'Because I've heard it before. And it wasn't funny the first time'~Batman [It's not as powerful in print as it is in response to Joker's epic monologue from The killing joke. Sometimes what makes a quote great is what precedes it.]

Joel: 'But what if you met the right man, who worshipped and adored you? Who'd do anything for you? Who'd be your devoted slave? Then what would you do?
Wednesday Addams: I'd pity him'. [I can't even imagine being that cool.]

'What power would Hell have if the damned could not dream of Heaven'~Neil Gaiman

'Justice for the adult, compassion for the child'~Wonder Woman

'A bad girl is just a good girl who got sick of everyone's shit'~Anon

'My love is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep. The more I give to thee the more I have, for both are infinite'~Juliet from Romeo and Juliet

I really need to stop now. I could go on forever.

·
Premium Member
ENFJ — sx/so — 2w3 7w6 9w8: The Peacekeeper
4,397 Posts
I don't want to come off as arrogant by quoting myself, but I came up with this line for a song that I have no idea what it's about or where it's going, it's just been stuck in my head so I have to get it out.

"We find our destiny down the paths we traveled to avoid it." — Phil (The Hot Tub)

·
Premium Member
ENFJ — sx/so — 2w3 7w6 9w8: The Peacekeeper
4,397 Posts
"How can the truth set us free when all we have is lies? How can time heal all wounds when our time is running out?” From the song "Puzzle Box" by Haken.

Reactions: GusWriter

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ouch...experienced my first car accident today. I wasn't the driver but the front seat passenger. Both cars are a total loss. I really internalized this saying today

2fb41d9d0ec830d3d81f54b0dcccda10.jpg

·
Registered
523 Posts
Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.
Sun Tzu

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #340
321 - 340 of 364 Posts