Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I'm under stress for the last 10-11 months.

Current state of mind: somewhat foggy
Sex: male

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?

INFP and INFJ. I got ISFJ once, and ENFJ three times.

I and F are clear in the results but I'm not so sure anymore I'm an Introvert.

N is usually 0-15% more than S.

J is 0-15% more than P.

It's the keys2cognition test that gave the ENFJ result.

3. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here (or write the link like example: www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/jacoboson/8697480741/in/explore-2013-05-01), and write your impression of each of them.

Oh, so many pictures to choose from! So many pictures of cuteness, but I'll pick this one:

Incoming!! *Explored* | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

A decisive moment of action. The eagle has very clear look in his eyes (what he wants) and he uses all his assets (wings, claws, speed, force), all his being to achieve his goal. No holding back.

Great picture. I got energized!

I remember seeing two pictures to choose from, a landscape and girl with cupcake. I really liked that landscape. Oh well.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

Depends on the pressure. I would either leave the work and sit with my friend to talk (and perhaps leave the site/building) or tell them to leave me alone to fix this thing. The second choice would make me sad. The first fits me better. I would evaluate the cost of leaving work would have on my life and the life of others. If the fix was important and crucial for a lot of people, I might ask my friend to offer opinions on the fix or leave me.

If I wasn't so worried or stressed (in general and at that time), I *might* use their idea to see the problem from a different perspective. How their suggestions are related to what I have in front of me. You know, see things differently. This also depends on their verbosity. If they got blabby I would fall back to the first solution. Or I might use them as a distraction from my work to take a break and then return. Breaks freshen the mind.

5a. What are some of your most important values?

Integrity. Truthfulness. Sincerity. Independence. Autonomy. Freedom of thought. They all produce courage.

These are probably the ones I want right now. They change from time to time.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?

Perhaps I could compromise some of them so as not to hurt someone. But it is a tough decision. Take truth for example. I would probably ask them: "do you want to know the truth even if it hurts you?"

I compromise my values if I feel insecure, or afraid of the cost. This can happen in the face of physical violence (the mob), social pressure (least likely), peer presure (less likely), or authority figures that can actually "bite" (e.g. police officers).

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

Depends on the energy level, my calmness (not stressed) and how involved I'm with the group. If I was depleted of energy, I wouldn't notice it. Or I might notice it but not say anything.

If I had enough energy to be present in the moment, it would make me furious and I would want to do something about it. If I didn't had enough energy to do something or I wasn't close with the group I would probably isolate, keep a distance, or simply ask to get out of the car.

If the claim was against someone inside the car, I would try to correct it as a way of defending the other person. I know I probably defend my opinions/values though :tongue: The other person might not care. If I realize this, I will also ask the other person "how does that seem to you?".

If the claim was against someone who is not present but I personally know, I would tell the offender that they should have the courage to tell themselves instead of spreading their vitriol while the other person is away. That's because I would take it as a way of manipulation towards the rest in the car. If the claim was against humanity, I would go full nuclear on them :D To hell with the car, and with the rest. Don't wanna be close to that guy.

If I'm calm enough I will tell the other person that I find this immoral/rude/cruel and tell them why. I will probably trace it back to one of my values, desires, and opinions. I will make it clear that this is my position, and not some global thing. I will take it 'global' if I see how his behavior effects us all. For example: hate generates hate.

And if I'm really really calm (talking about nearly-nirvana state here) and I really understood what this is all about, I might dig deeper into them and see why they're saying what they're saying. See behind the words and behind rationalizations. And lead them to discover this themselves.

There are 6 paragraphs in this answer and each one of them is each one of the stages of my well-ness. However, the last stage might be unhealthy for interpersonal relationships because I practically stand 'outside' of the relationship.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?

These times, meeting with friends. What I miss more is human contact.

When I get that, and have the energy reserves, I will ponder about human nature. Go deep and understand. So that I can find this simple solution to our miserable way of living. And then apply it.

Exploring my ideas, fantasies, and when I discover something, I come back to others and tell them about it. It usually doesn't generate a lot of steam beyond the moment, so next time I want to do this, I will make a little piece of art to demonstrate that to others.

I've done this once. I failed :tongue: I've pondered about doing it again in grand scale, but didn't went with it. It required too much work for my energy reserves.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?

Being alone for long periods of time. Involuntary solitude.

Being with people that I can't connected with. This doesn't mind me if I know that when I leave this group of people, I will go and meet my real friends :wink:

Not being able to do the things I enjoy, which revolve around experiencing and exploring my self better, and discovering.

Not being able to make plans for the future. I already have desired plans for my future but they are in stalemate due to a situation I'm in. However, I don't know if my laziness will stop me once I'm out of that situation :tongue:

Being in loud environments. I usually wear earplugs inside the city.

Being in loud parties with lots of people I don't know. I just search for a corner to simply observe the rest and then get bored easily and wonder when the rest are so crazy about :tongue: Although I might go 'crazy' (or in something of a 'rage' mode) and become loud (maybe yelling), over expressive, gregarious, and obnoxious. Just for a few minutes. You know, show them that I actually *CAN* do that if I want to.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)

I really don't know.

I always thought of myself as an introvert because I enjoyed time alone and never had lots of friends. In my childhood I went for one special friend (later this striked me as clingy). I guess that's me being a lone child and all.

As of late, I'm entertaining the thought of being an extrovert. That would be a surprise!

I talk to myself a lot. Imagine that there is a person there. I do both dialogues :tongue:

I swear, I'm not crazy. Niether am I. :tongue:

Sometimes I say "goodbye" to cashiers just to feel human contact but it somehow drains my energy.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

--Strengths--

I'll go back and bring from memory the other two times I was asked this question. My two strengths are my capacity for emotional intensity (this probably screams Fi), and my search for that simple idea that will change the world.

If I stay on the present I'll saaaay...
- Analytical.
- Can "consume" the situation (take information in) and make a plan of action.
- Want to be prepared for different outcomes.
- I think I can see how an operation (organization, company) will fit inside it's environment.
- I believe I can coordinate people to achieve a task, and operate at the same time in a personal* and technical** level. Unless I have interference or inner-fighting. I hate those!

(*) Personal level: Show respect for the other person's personality and ways. See their value and use it. Unite them in their differences. Give praise. Make them feel like a team. Trust them. Give them responsibilities. Help them discover something about themselves through work.

(**) Technical level: What can be done and how best to do it.

--Weaknesses for me--
- I hold back my anger. #1 issue. And when it comes it, it explodes. I haven't killed anyone. Yet :tongue:
- Despise and afraid of authority. I usually have the nerve or the calmness to stand up.
- Very frequently depleted of energy.
- Sometimes I get lost in the details.
- My emotions aren't always clear to me and thus I don't know what I want from a situation.
- I tend to go against, or even suppress my instinct on a situation and people. I've paid the price every time. Me=idiot for this.
- I frequently stay with people and situations that don't please me (fear of loneliness) and it drains my energy.

--Complains I have received--

- Sometimes I turn into a 'robot mode'. I don't express feelings. Probably when I'm anxious or when I try to manage something (that's the complaint of a dominant Se friend).
- In art projects I've directed, I've given commands to people "do it like this!". Too bossy. Since then, I've mended my ways.
- I'm too programmed. I plan a lot. Even in situations where it's not useful :tongue: Maybe I try to manage stress for the unknown.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

In order of appearance:

Chronic stress (months or more) gives me physical symptoms. Like teeth grinding, shallow breath, intestine annoyances, and so on.

I get easily pissed at everything!

I want my way and no other way!

I get Derealization.

I get foggy. Can't "see" clearly feelings and facts. Can't understand other people easily so any social interactions become meaningless or a liability.

I lose motivation to do things.

I feel easily tired.

In more accute stress, I get phobias about my health and I'm afraid of death.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

My softest spot is depreciation. Hits the "not worth" button. To fight that inner feeling, I turn to logic: "what this guy said made you feel depreciated, it's not him, it's me". Then I tell them what their comment was all about: "you comment is based on depreciation".

Insensitivity and insult.

Bad manners. To me, it means disrespect.

I get angry or annoyed by manipulation (e.g. lying, emotional tricks). It violates truthfulness.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?

Depends on my energy reserves.

How to be better (get well, develop myself). How to understand myself better. How to understand other people better - the human nature.

How unsatisfied (and pissed) I am with society and man and how it can be improved. And after that, how can I see the bigger truth.

How to feel and experience the true side/meaning of Eros (sex and romance).

An older feat was to construct one unifying theory that will explain everything. I've abandoned that.

But wait! I have a goofy side too! I start projects that are funny by being incoherent, goofy, farcial, or just plain stupid! This is where I'm having the most fun!

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

I don't like that. It seems criticism to me. However, what I understand that I will have to listen is something like "We need something better than the results you're bringing us. Would you like to discuss how we can improve that?". Or even better: "Hey, you're doing great work. Wanna hear how to make it even better?".

Baaah! I'm too sensitive to criticism!

I guess it's part of the job of the manager/coordinator to see what person is appropriate for a job.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?

I'm certain that I answered this again, I would answer the questions differently. Similarly but differently.

This was filed in one pass but I did additions and clarifications in subsequent passes.

Wondering if I'm unconsciously answering these questions to rig the result, or if I actually imagined a version of me as I was answering. I sound agressive but I have a lovable hippie somewhere inside me :kitteh:

Oh, almost forgot, I'm prone to OCD, and Elvis lives!

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 6w7 9w1 so/sp
3,418 Posts
INFJ

A lot reminds me of myself, but I would go with the J when it comes to you.

You are pretty certain an I to me.

(NF looks also quite obvious.)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First, thanks for your time :wink:

But... I take things very personally and get very easily hurt. So that makes me think I'm Fi dominant.

Since you're Fi dominant too, let me take this chance to ask you something. When someone tells you something that hurts you, how do you cope with it?

I cope by deconstructing logically what they said and throwing it back at them: "that's a devaluation comment".

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 6w7 9w1 so/sp
3,418 Posts
Since you're Fi dominant too, let me take this chance to ask you something. When someone tells you something that hurts you, how do you cope with it?

I cope by deconstructing logically what they said and throwing it back at them: "that's a devaluation comment".
When someone hurts me by his comment, which often is the case, I don't have one typical response for it. Mostly I will respond in a disagreeing way. I'm usually very aware of what's accurate, and when it's not, I'll let him know. In certain situations I'm too scared to react like this though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking that perhaps we should throw some sympathy back at them: "hey, what's happening to you and you react like this?"

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 6w7 9w1 so/sp
3,418 Posts
I'm thinking that perhaps we should throw some sympathy back at them: "hey, what's happening to you and you react like this?"
I use sympathy a lot.

It depends on a lot of things how exactly I will respond.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, of course.

What's your relationship to Se?

For INFPs it's the "Trickster" and for INFJs it's their inferior. I'm restrain my anger a lot, until it explodes, and I go into a physical rage (yelling, slamming my hand on the table, and so on). I think this is Se and I want to see how other INFx relate to this.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 6w7 9w1 so/sp
3,418 Posts
Yes, of course.

For INFPs it's the "Trickster" and for INFJs it's their inferior. I'm restrain my anger a lot, until it explodes, and I go into a physical rage (yelling, slamming my hand on the table, and so on). I think this is Se and I want to see how other INFx relate to this.
English sometimes becomes too complicated for me.

Se as their Trickster... Se as their inferior... I simply don't understand what's meant here.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, that's not about English, it's terminology. Inferior is the last function of a type. Trickster is one of the shadow functions. Check this out:

INFJ Archetypes

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Yes, of course.

maybe that's enneagram.....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
1's kind of do that too no?
I have no idea. That's the first time I hear. I don't really know about Enneagram yet. I'll keep it in mind though :wink:

What else would you see as Se?
Besides going Hulk mad? :tongue:

I'm good with body motor movement. I can handle my body well. I really love seeing people performing physical tasks (dancing, "martial arts" choreographies in films, street dancers, break dancers) which I can understand and absorb (not necessarily perform). I've got good spacial awareness (indispensable in FPS and racing games), and I can probably move with grace if I feel like it. I can also move fast.

I was always hyperactive. I used to do sports as a teenager. I'm not physically active these days but it's in schedule to happen again.

Are you suspecting I'm an Se-dom or an Se-aux?

EDIT:

Oh, and one more thing. I like to touch things. I'll see something and get this urge to have it in my hand. Things can be objects or people.

I have a friend (an ISTP probably) who bitches me every time I go to his house because I don't leave things where I got them from.

I'm generally a "touch"/senses guy. For example, sex tension for me begins as an urge to touch, squeze, caress, smell, listen, and so on.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I'm good with body motor movement. I can handle my body well. I really love seeing people performing physical tasks (dancing, "martial arts" choreographies in films, street dancers, break dancers) which I can understand and absorb (not necessarily perform). I've got good spacial awareness (indispensable in FPS and racing games), and I can probably move with grace if I feel like it. I can also move fast.

I was always hyperactive. I used to do sports as a teenager. I'm not physically active these days but it's in schedule to happen again.

Are you suspecting I'm an Se-dom or an Se-aux?
I'm not suspecting anything specifically, just curious :) That other thread of yours was all Fe so the only way for you to be Se-aux or Se-dom would be if the auxiliary is the same orientation as the dominant... I'm not saying it can't be :p

Actually it could even be inferior Fe that can't be controlled at times. How often do you get into Fe like that?

The better question about Se would actually be this, do you usually see things "as is" or do you go beyond that in some way?

(Your desc of eagle pic could be a hint or not. It's just one pic...)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, yet one more thing that I get and have heard from an Se-dom. Sometimes I get this weight in my chest, a "chocking" feeling, and I need to look outside the window or get outdoors to relax.

itsme45 said:
I'm not saying it can't be :p
You're the second person you says that. This is comfusing because I don't know what to believe and it's making it difficult to determine my type.

itsme45 said:
Actually it could even be inferior Fe that can't be controlled at times. How often do you get into Fe like that?
Let me ponder that and I'll tell you.

itsme45 said:
The better question about Se would actually be this, do you usually see things "as is" or do you go beyond that in some way?
I would say that I go beyond. I start to think "this reminds me of..." and "this looks like..." and "this could be...". It depents on the mood and the moment though. Sometimes an object is just an object. But I generally tend to associate.

Hey, a question, are you as sweet as you sound? :tongue: (and I'm not saying this as a flattery).

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Oh, yet one more thing that I get and have heard from an Se-dom. Sometimes I get this weight in my chest, a "chocking" feeling, and I need to look outside the window or get outdoors to relax.
I need a bit more than just looking out the window but I think I understand

You're the second person you says that. This is comfusing because I don't know what to believe and it's making it difficult to determine my type.
Well ok to keep it simple try just using the most official theory (auxiliary being of a different attitude than the dominant). See if that works out.

Let me ponder that and I'll tell you.
Okay waiting for that :)

I would say that I go beyond. I start to think "this reminds me of..." and "this looks like..." and "this could be...". It depents on the mood and the moment though. Sometimes an object is just an object. But I generally tend to associate.
That actually sounds Ne/Si-ish. Se doesn't really do this. And Ni would be more abstractly independent from objects than this.

Hey, a question, are you as sweet as you sound? :tongue: (and I'm not saying this as a flattery).
Heh thanks anyway :) As for the answer, you would have to find out yourself :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I need a bit more than just looking out the window but I think I understand
I need to step outside (balcony perhaps) and start looking arround. The farthest, the better, and I need to start breathing the outside air.

Also, sleeping under the sky is an amazing experience! Such a freedom!

That actually sounds Ne/Si-ish. Se doesn't really do this. And Ni would be more abstractly independent from objects than this.
If I'm not in chronic stress (as I'm right now) I can easily find similarities in faces. It's a playful game. I just look at a face and I get this "hint" that it look like someone... oh yes, that guy.

For example. I was searching for physical likeness of the 16 types, and I noticed that one guy has that Sasha Gray smirk :tongue:

It also happens with objects, songs, story plots, sounds. Sometimes the association is not of the same type.

I'm notorious with my friends for this "feature" :tongue:

That's one of the things that made me type myself as ISFJ at first. Is this Si at work?

itsme45 said:
Heh thanks anyway :) As for the answer, you would have to find out yourself :)
This sounds like an invitation :laughing:

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I need to step outside (balcony perhaps) and start looking arround. The farthest, the better, and I need to start breathing the outside air.

Also, sleeping under the sky is an amazing experience! Such a freedom!
Yeah the farther the better, I relate. :) Sleeping under the sky, I've yet to try it without a tent. :) Hmm-hmm.

If I'm not in chronic stress (as I'm right now) I can easily find similarities in faces. It's a playful game. I just look at a face and I get this "hint" that it look like someone... oh yes, that guy.

For example. I was searching for physical likeness of the 16 types, and I noticed that one guy has that Sasha Gray smirk :tongue:

It also happens with objects, songs, story plots, sounds. Sometimes the association is not of the same type.

I'm notorious with my friends for this "feature" :tongue:

That's one of the things that made me type myself as ISFJ at first. Is this Si at work?
I think Si is about more than just that... see your Fe/Fi thread, someone described Si there yesterday

This sounds like an invitation :laughing:
Hahah :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts