Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking for a few months reading about this stuff, and it seems the more I read the less certain I am of anything, with respect to which types are a best fit for me. So, I thought I'd make a profile and see if I could get some help with my goal of self identifying my types so I can better use these self help systems. Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So where do I start the process of figuring out my types now that I've taken some tests and read some books? The test scores from the various personality tests I've taken don't line up very well, and several of the types I've read about have merit. That's why I am seeking help from people who are knowledgeable.

Sorry if I'm being a total newb here or making a faux paux by asking for help.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
You can start a thread in the "What My Personality Type" section!

What do you usually score as?

You can describe yourself a bit or take some of the questionnaires in the What's My Personality Type section.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can start a thread in the "What My Personality Type" section!

What do you usually score as?

You can describe yourself a bit or take some of the questionnaires in the What's My Personality Type section.
I usually score as NF, but have gotten all 4 of them. I got INTJ on one. On Enneagram, I have scored as 1, 2, 4, 6, and 8.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind. I am 40 years old, male, maybe a little stressed because life.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

(it won't let me link an image of a snow capped mountain in the sun)

Serene.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

What caused it? Can we fix it? If not, how are we going to get to our destination or home?

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Depends on whether or not I am tired. If not, sure. If so, then I'd want to avoid.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Inward reaction: They're entitled to be wrong. Outward reaction: Here's what I know about the subject. Maybe they will change their mind once they have better info.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Absorb the experience and modify my understanding if I can't find a way to make the new info fit into my existing paradigm.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Kindness, loyalty, helpfulness, benevolence, charity, being a good person. I have always been like this. They've gotten more jaded and cynical as I've aged.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I'm kinda odd, and I've spent most of my life trying to figure out why. I'm blunt. I try to make people laugh. I tend to notice things most people don't, connect dots that most people miss. I spend a lot of time in my imagination and/or overthinking. I also fail to pick up on a lot of things that everyone else seems to just get when it comes to personal expectations. I don't think I'd change anything about my personality because there would likely be unexpected side effects. My personality has been slowly changing on its own over the past few decades. No point in forcing it.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I get them a lot, and almost always go with 'logic', then regret it because my hunches are almost never wrong. I get them out of nowhere, like l just suddenly feel like I need to take an umbrella even though it's sunny and the forecast is clear - so l don't take it because there's no logical reason to do so, then I get caught in a fluke rainstorm.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Energize me most? Getting sexual / romantic attention. It's better if I'm attracted to them, but not a requirement.

Drain me most? Being in chaotic loud places with crowds of people talking to each other and visual distractions, like dance clubs. I can be in loud places with crowds as long as the crowd is quiet and focused on the same thing, like a concert. It's when everyone's energy is different that I get drained. Maybe overwhelmed is a better term than drained. I have to get away and regroup my thoughts / energy. Like drained of energy and motivation? Feeling unloved / rejected.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

Very little, and it gets me in trouble because people are often so much more thin skinned than I assume. I have good intentions, and say and do what I feel is right, but what's right for me isn't always right for others. The golden rule doesn't really work for me because what I'd want others to do for me is be upfront, honest, blunt, helpful, and correct me if I have something incorrect. In recent years, I've started trying to avoid offending people with these things, but it usually just leaves me awkward and quiet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************* (37.6)
excellent use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.4)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ********************** (22.1)
limited use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.5)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.4)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************* (21.2)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************* (37.5)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.5)
good use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INFJ, or ESFP

If these results are different from what you know of yourself, you might consider why your developmental pattern does not align with your expectation. You might also consider exploring this result as a possible better fit.

The Four Temperaments
Corresponding best-fit temperaments based on your profile: Catalyst; secondly Improviser; then Theorist; and lastly, Stabilizer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This one was harder. The first and third questions were a real toss up. The fourth one was iffy too.

If your type is ENFj - "The Actor"
In a relationship you often fill matters with passion and almost theatrical dramatics. You are constantly aware of oncoming risks and hazards and warn your partner in advance. You are frequently anxious about your personal wealth and fortune, which play significant part in your relationship. You aspire to see things ordered and structured into a fine hierarchy.
TIP: Did the above characteristic describe you well? If not, then take the test again, but this time select the opposite column at the step, where you have previously felt uncertain, then compare the outcome...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The questionnaire was the one at the top of the page you suggested. As for INFJ/INTJ, I scored as INFJ fairly often, and INTJ once. I think the description of Ni clicked with me the most. Fe, Fi, and Se were also strong. Ti kinda.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took another Socionics test and got this...

EIE

IEI 89% as likely as EIE
EII 53% as likely as EIE
ESE 50% as likely as EIE

Beta 35
Gamma 24
Alpha 21
Delta 19

Fe 38%
Ni 37%
Te 12%
Si 13%