Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, supposedly the zodiac killer was an INTP. If someone provided you a copy of his last letter, you think you could crack it?

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
So, supposedly the zodiac killer was an INTP. If someone provided you a copy of his last letter, you think you could crack it?
What? He was an INTP? Cool!

I doubt I could crack the code though...

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Guys, I cracked the code!
All it was-was the phrase "poopy, poppy, ate my moppy- Ravioli ravioli, give me the formioli".

Am I a genius or what?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts

You're welcome.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
You're assuming he actually wrote a message and encrypted it instead of writing a bunch of random symbols just to mess with people.

Gotta think like an INTP to catch an INTP.

·
Registered
INTP
5,127 Posts
Ok I've looked into it. I've just read all his letters. This is fascinating as fuck.

Also:

pls show us z code

Mailed: Nov. 8, 1969
Postmarked: San Francisco, Calif.
Sent to: San Francisco Chronicle
Cipher Status of Z340: Unsolved

Mailed: April 20, 1970
Cipher Status: Unsolved

Mailed: June 26, 1970
Cipher Status: Unsolved

Lots of people who have seriously studied cryptography have failed to crack it, so no.
I believe this is in the category of INTPography, so no problem.

You're assuming he actually wrote a message and encrypted it instead of writing a bunch of random symbols just to mess with people.

Gotta think like an INTP to catch an INTP.
Yeah some of his words seemed a bit like trolling. I'm very new to this guy, but having seen his letters I'd be willing to suggest immediately that he definitely didn't ever make a bomb, even though several of his letters threatened the use of one. Considering he was a murderer of the highest degree, he wouldn't have given a fuck about bombing something for a laugh. He just didn't actually know how.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
There is something interesting going on with the "c"... but it's probably just my imagination.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
The Z340 should be read from the bottom right corner to the top left corner. It begins: IT ZODIAC SPEAKING.

The symbols correspond to letters in the alphabet, and it seems that you should read the first word right to left, the second word left to right, the third word right to left and so forth.

I might be wrong.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the last believed suspect was Arthur lee Allen. He had boots from his military days and fit the build of the zodiac from the girl who survived witness statement. If he was still around today he would be easily 60-80s in age.

·
Registered
56 Posts
No. But I still tried. My best guess is that Ron Allen is/was the Zodiak killer. He was one of the main suspect's brother. There's only a couple of sentences about him but I got the name after trying to decipher the code- before I even looked into the case. I didn't know anything about a Ron at that time. But yea, The misspellings in the letter led me to the letters. I felt he misspelled those letters with a purpose. No one as smart as the zodiak would misspell "do" as "doo". But it kind of makes sense... He sets his brother up, he's in the area visiting his brother, the killing landmarks associated with Aurther can also be associated with Ron. Easily planted evidence, a way to play with the cops by going to them first with a suspicion of his own brother, etc... I don't know, it just sounds like textbook serial killer behavior to me. It's just a guess though. I want to look into it more though because the case is pretty interesting.

EDIT- Also if you look at one of the letters that was decoded- the one that says "I like to hunt humans" or whatever. All of the symbols that make up the zodiac symbol are coded as these three letters "r" "o" or "n". That was after I found the name Ron though, so that might be me seeing things.

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
"… I promised to punish them if they did not comply, by anilating a full school buss. But now school is out for the summer, ..."

Ahh, there is the famous INTP procrastination. Evil but lazy. No one ever hears about Darth Vader's more evil INTP sibling, Darth Brüder. Twice as evil, but ehh.. you know never really got around to moving out of Shmi's basement.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Something tells me that decrypting this has to do with 3 dimensional math...resembling tensor calculus. If it’s not simple substitution such as finding variables on an x,y axis...maybe we should be doing complex substitution which includes a “Z” axis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts