Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there! I'm new to the site, and I'm quite stuck on whether I am an ENTP, ENFP, INTP or ENTJ.

The first time I've taken the test was years ago when I was extremely mentally unstable, and got ENFP. However, after getting back to normal, every time I took a test, it's always ENTP or INTP! And occasionally ENTJ or INFJ. I figured I am most likely ENTP or ENFP, however both of the descriptions seem to fit me. But then, I could also be a introvert, as I am quite awkward and socializing with most people tend to drain me out.

Why I may be an ENTP:

-I love debating/theoretical problems. Especially philosophy (in fact, it is what I will be majoring in university this year).

-I have "no morals". As in, I don't believe in right and wrong or good and evil. Just better ways to do things.

-People tend to think I'm too straightforward and unconcerned for other people's feelings when making a statement, usually jokes. And I don't feel bad about it. However, outside of my comfortable environment (eg. outside of philosophy class), I tend to be keep to myself and act very mature.

-I tend to see people as functional machines that can be thoroughly analyzed and studied.

-I'm not good at comforting people and tend to annoy them by trying to solve every problem and trying to help them find the "real" reason of such and such.

-The breaking ideas into components and analysing it within thing seem to fit me. However, for statements/ideas, it usually either make logical sense to me or doesn't. And my mind works quite fast in response. However, I need to work backwards to understand why I feel eg. statement A makes logical sense or no sense, if I was to explain it.

Why I may be an ENFP:

-I can get really emotional. However, it is mostly just emptiness, loneliness, or the sudden feeling of beauty in the world. But these are usually influenced by music. My emotions can change in a flash just from listening music. >_>

-I tend to go with my gut-instincts / or "have a feeling that..." something is the right choice / will happen.

-I act extremely "fluffy" and bubbly. However, I'm not exactly a unicorn-lover.

-I'm quite empathetic. I get tears in my eyes easily when watching movies, listening to beautiful music, etc.

-I do feel strongly about some things. Although I don't believe in objective right and wrong, I do think it is natural for human beings to be considerate to other people. eg. I would get mad if I see a friend getting taken advantage of.

Why I might be a "J"?

-Although I am really messy and unorganized, I like to go according to my plans (UNLESS there is a very good alternative option) and get quite stressed if things do not work out as I have calculated. But then, I tend to make lots of plans but then toss it aside and just do things whatever haha.

So what do you think? Thanks! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm...well, I tend to welcome new opportunities eg. leadership roles, join events. But when making decisions, I like to balance how useful it is, whether it is worth taking the risk, by imagining what the possible future outcomes. If it is something big, I like to do a lot of research. I'm not exactly sure how to define an "opportunist" though...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think ur more of an enfp. Because I found some qualities of the entp that you mentioned to also be connected to the enfp. Like you said, sometimes when you joke it sounds rude to others, enfps I've met have the same trait. I don't think all feelers are necessarily good at comfort. Enfps also are bubbly but have more of a moody and intense side than the esfp who is mostly cheerful and bubbly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. But wouldn't that be the same the other way around too? It is quite difficult to distinguish Fi and Fe, and Ti with Te. To what extent does an emotion count as having a strong Fi? The borderline between the functions are quite ambiguous! :confused:

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Why not ESxP? Why Ne--Si over Se--Ni?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This question is like asking why I'm not considering that I have green hair, when I'm confused whether my hair is black and dark brown haha! Well, I'm not sure how to answer this. Perhaps it is because according to the tests I've taken, I've just never got an ESXP? My Se and Si scores are the lowest, followed by Fi (but then here relates to my confusion between Fi and Fe again). I have considered that I may use Ni more than Ne, but the descriptions of the types that are Ni-dominant seems to be either "overly emotional and loveydovey" or the way opposite, which doesn't really fit me.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
This question is like asking why I'm not considering that I have green hair, when I'm confused whether my hair is black and dark brown haha! Well, I'm not sure how to answer this. Perhaps it is because according to the tests I've taken, I've just never got an ESXP? My Se and Si scores are the lowest, followed by Fi (but then here relates to my confusion between Fi and Fe again). I have considered that I may use Ni more than Ne, but the descriptions of the types that are Ni-dominant seems to be either "overly emotional and loveydovey" or the way opposite, which doesn't really fit me.
Tests mean little, and generalized descriptions about as much as tvtropes do. Start here or make a new thread with one (or more) questionnaires that we have in the sticky posts on this forum section.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts