Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty - Being the "real you", not masking, but being natural. This can be in the physical and emotional/spiritual sense. Love - Having empathy, showing support through encouragement, compromise, and positive touch.

2. What are your most important values?
Honesty, loyalty, and dependability.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
Yes. I mostly identify with Christianity. I went to a private school for four years 1st to 4th grade. Later in my teens my parent started becoming active church goers. As an adult, at the very least Christianity is one of many frameworks for being a good human being, to yourself and others. I have had spiritual experiences and answered prayers, and encounters that changed my being.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
These things start over greed, fear, and/or misunderstanding. Power is dignity, self-control, and gaining others respect...having influence.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
Spirituality, ghosts, aliens, and psychology. I have a strong interest in these areas because they are mysterious, I believe they are interconnected, and my most life/perspective changing moments centered around one of these four topics.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
Eh...yes and no. I do go to the doctor annually and I believe I have mastered "listening" to my body and knowing when something is wrong and will try to correct the issue immediately, but it is not a topic I openly discuss, unless someone else brings it up.

7. What do you think of daily chores?
I dig 'em. lol I feel better if/when I do at least one productive thing around the house (pay bills, organize paperwork, walk the dog, clean dishes...).

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
Films - The Cloud Atlas (recent), What Dream May Come, and The Indiana Jones Series (lol)
Books - The Shack (recent), The Five Love Languages (recent), and The Borderline Mother.

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
Cry - Conversations where there is a lack of empathy or understanding from the other party, peoples aloofness, and really emotionally charged scenes in a movie.
Smile - Complements, witty jokes/cute banter, and hugs/kisses.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
At home...lol. Also in certain people's home...where I have visited often...where I feel comfortable with letting my hair down. In nature, as well. I love camping!

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
Other people have mentioned that I am too nice or I self sacrifice much more than they would. People say that I come off as being very guarded/intimidating. I dislike that I have a high tolerance for people's BS (even though I have learned to call them on it). I hate that half of the time I get sick to my stomach when I have to defend myself or deal with inter-personal conflicts.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
People tell me that I am a very responsible person, patient, reliable, and dependable. I like that I am a good listener, I am very organized, and I tend to look/listen to other peoples experiences and history to make wise decisions for myself. I look at everyone I experience in life as a guide or lesson to be learned. It has helped me navigate and my healthy choices for myself.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
I'd like help with caring for a relative of mind. She take a lot out of me and I seem to be the only one with the time, money, and patience to assist. I would also like help with my professional growth...better mentors would be nice.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Left like that last year when I was looking to move and start a life else where. I think that interpersonal conflicts at work, inability to start and finish projects at work (politics/budget/lack of resources), and having been dating incompatible people in the area made me feel like there wasn't anything left for me.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I like and get along with a nurturing person, someone who can bring me out of my shell, people a little older/wiser than me, encouraging types, and they should be adventurous. I can't stand boisterous people, braggers, aloofness, and gossipers.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
I think it could come natural and not feel forced. I'd like for my partner to be warm, gentle, and sensual. Thoughtful gifts or surprises are very romantic to me. Conversation and an empathetic ear is the quickest way to my heart.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
I'd be more concerned about other people and how they treat my child. I would research care takers and teachers. Talk with other parents about their children and who cares/teaches them. I would talk to my child about bullies, inappropriate behavior from adults, and who their friends are. I want to protect my child and monitor how they cope with their interactions with people.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
Inward - Disappointment, but will step in their shoes and find understanding in why they believe a certain thing.
Outward - Inquire some more about their rationale. Let them know I think i understand their stance (because of x and y), and I may or may not share my belief.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
Ummmm I am the Assistant to society? A Guide? (good question) I see people as lost and confused. The biggest issue I see is that people don't take time, or care to, learn more about how other people tick...why others do the things they do...in an effort to create positive change for both parties.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I think it starts with them choosing me. They encourage me to go out or experience this or that with them. I have to feel comfortable being emotionally vulnerable around them. With my friends, I want to have conversation and will ask them how their doctors appointment went or what ever happened with that job they applied for. I am calm and collected. If I am really comfortable, my silly side comes out. We will exchange banter. I get visibly excited and my tone get a little higher.

21. How do you behave around strangers?
Quite...lol. I am on observation mode. I will get to know them by interviewing them. Wine or beer helps...lol.

So doctor...what is my diagnosis?

·
Banned
1,338 Posts
Hi meecheeisfj,

There are a couple things that stand out to me about your questionnaire. Firstly, your proactivity, and your describing yourself as enjoying doing household chores in order to get done with all of your work, is against the grain of the procrastination and laziness that are the dominant language of the internet and the personality community in particular.

Other than that, what stands out about your responses is your sensitivity (which seems to be somewhat stable and unwavering, and subdued). You describe yourself as being drawn towards environments of nurturing and growth, and being self-sacrificing and having difficulty with personal conflicts.

Overall, I prefer Ne values and an orientation towards "openminded compassion" that I would associate with that. My best guess is that your orientation is towards good faith, personal growth, and EII values -- because I perceive you to be more "stable" than some others -- but it may nonetheless be worth considering types like SEI.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! Thanks...I can really see how EII really fits. But is it safe to say that your Socionic type should match your MBTI? Or are they really separate?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Cool! Thanks...I can really see how EII really fits. But is it safe to say that your Socionic type should match your MBTI? Or are they really separate?
Basically separate, but different people will say different things.
As far as I'm concerned, I think it's better to see them as differing systems. If they line up, good for you. If you want to learn more about them, it's best to not fret about matching.

As far as your type, EII may work, 'maybe' ESI.

I htink it's better to post a video response than trying to decipher how people read and write things, but I'm lazy perhaps.

·
Banned
305 Posts
I'd say it's between EII, ESI and SEI.

Would you say you're more preoccupied with whether things being done are 'Good' or 'Evil' or are you more preoccupied with the general mood i.e. happiness or merriment of the people around you?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd say it's between EII, ESI and SEI.

Would you say you're more preoccupied with whether things being done are 'Good' or 'Evil' or are you more preoccupied with the general mood i.e. happiness or merriment of the people around you?
I would say I am more concerned with peoples moods be it good or bad.

·
Banned
305 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts