Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really how am I supposed to interpret this. I do not get it at all. I am reading all the descriptions but I just do not get it. I do not know why.

Sorry if I'm being abrupt, but I am just so confused by the existence of this test. What I am reading is mostly true. I want to know more but I don't want to at the same time. I know I'm being selfish but I want someone to please tell me what this means because I don't want to ask anyone in real life.

imgur.com/a/pe7Pf

"To be able to post links or images your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 1 posts."
wtf why

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum!

You're an INTJ. It means you have certain characteristics and they'll be different to those of someone else of a different type. The test exists to help people understand themselves better, as well as the people around them. What specifically is confusing you? We'll try to explain it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So does it seem like I'm a complete INTJ? Or do I have any overlapping personalities based off the results?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Neither do I, take a ticket and wait in line?

Reactions: bigpunbape

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
It would be hard to call anyone a complete anything. You have tendencies in your personality that are indicative of the INTJ pattern.

This means you have the following 4 cognitive functions as demonstrated in general:

Introverted Intuition (Ni): Dominant INTJ Cognitive Function Explained - INTJ vision

Explanation of cognitive functions.

Now take an enneagram test to discover your typical motivational set. The two together offer a very strong set of insights into how you think and why you think what you think respectively. Of course there will be fluctuations and any given behavior or belief you have could be opposed to the findings, but, over time, and in general you tend to think that way and for those reasons.

Armed with this awareness of yourself, you can reliably begin to predict where your own efforts may need extra help. This is beyond mere intuition and on into hidden functions and self-sabotage. MBTI and the enneagram are quite useful to understand yourself and to deal with others by way of understanding their motivations also.

·
Registered
929 Posts
hello my little buddy, welcome to the club ! I had similar results you're probably an ambivert ! so you may or may not get entj or intj as your result depending on mood or your current life situations, they are pretty similar so don't stress. Personalities aren't solid or entirely stable, take everything with a grain of salt. With Assertive and turbulent it's a similar situation, you can be either :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hello my little buddy, welcome to the club ! I had similar results you're probably an ambivert ! so you may or may not get entj or intj as your result depending on mood or your current life situations, they are pretty similar so don't stress. Personalities aren't solid or entirely stable, take everything with a grain of salt. With Assertive and turbulent it's a similar situation, you can be either :D
Thanks. I think I'm starting to get it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I think I got really similar results. Can you perhaps explain how everything matches up for yourself so I can get a better idea of where I can start?

imgur.com/a/epEKN

·
Registered
374 Posts
Really how am I supposed to interpret this. I do not get it at all. I am reading all the descriptions but I just do not get it. I do not know why.

Sorry if I'm being abrupt, but I am just so confused by the existence of this test. What I am reading is mostly true. I want to know more but I don't want to at the same time. I know I'm being selfish but I want someone to please tell me what this means because I don't want to ask anyone in real life.

imgur.com/a/pe7Pf

"To be able to post links or images your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 1 posts."
wtf why
I'm laughing so much right now, dude. I love this post.

Here:
http://personalitycafe.com/whats-my-personality-type/1050793-five-years-forum-i-still-cant-figure-out-my-type-4.html

In order to tell what type you are, A LOT of introspective thinking is required. A LOT.
I test as ENFP ALL the time (especially in that stupid 16PP website. I hate it. It's so misleading and cruelly stereotypical and they just want your money).
How am I so certain that I am an ENTP?

I noticed how the functions go WAY beyond what the actual human language can describe.
Functions are too internal, too abstract and introverted (they happen inside us only) to be described with labeling words that are meant to tag behavior that is displayed only externally.

So, my best counsel is READ, READ, READ A LOT.
After you read, read between the lines.
What are all the studies attempting to describe? What words do they use and why?
Then after that, the introspective work comes in. Try to see what are your preferences when it comes to thoughts. What causes you to process what and how do you do so?

For example, in my case, I may come of as an ENFP because I actually like people. They fascinate me (I mean... the ones that do. It's also because I am sx variant, so... hehe). I like listening to them. I like talking to them. When they tell me about their problems I actually like to get in their shoes and relate and I'm pretty good giving encouragement.
So, ENFP?
No. When I listen to people attentively, I notice that Ti is at work more than any feeling function. So is Fe. I am processing people logically and categorizing them and attempting to predict their behavior. My love for them is much more agape than it's actually emotionally motivated. And my ability to encourage comes from figuring out something about them and my Fe going all out (so, as you may guess, this isn't 100% efficient. Some times I totally miss the point).
Other than that, there's a lot more about me that convinces me I am Ne-Ti.
So, you may be right about your current type, but keep searching!
TL;DR
Stay away from 16pp, it's stupid (my opinion)
Research A LOT.

I could PM you some information so that it's more personal and tailored for you, let me know if you'd like that.
There're tons of threads here you'll enjoy reading that have attempted to go in as much depth as possible about functions and types.

Welcome to the forums! I hope you find what you're looking for :)

·
Registered
929 Posts
Ok I think I got really similar results. Can you perhaps explain how everything matches up for yourself so I can get a better idea of where I can start?

imgur.com/a/epEKN
I don't understand what you are asking of me, can you please break down what you are asking me to do. :thinking2:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't understand what you are asking of me, can you please break down what you are asking me to do. :thinking2:
I just want to know what you used to understand yourself so far. I think all the reading I did was quite empty.

Do you have any links for any good reads?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm laughing so much right now, dude. I love this post.

Here:

TL;DR
Stay away from 16pp, it's stupid (my opinion)
Research A LOT.

I could PM you some information so that it's more personal and tailored for you, let me know if you'd like that.
There're tons of threads here you'll enjoy reading that have attempted to go in as much depth as possible about functions and types.

Welcome to the forums! I hope you find what you're looking for :)
Ayy. Thank you so much! This really hit the spot. I'll definitely pm you.

·
Registered
897 Posts
You seem to want to know a bit about other people so you can measure where you are in relation to them. I'll have a go.

You're an INTJ. I'm an INFJ. There are things between us that overlap and things that are very different. For instance, we both spend a LOT of time in our heads. We're both constantly thinking about the future, dreaming about it, planning for it, both short term and long term. We do this compulsively. We're not so good at simply living in the moment, or giving our full attention to the immediate world around us.

Where you (INTJ) and I (INFJ) differ is that many of your thoughts will be geared towards things/ideas and mine will be geared towards people/feelings. You want to solve problems and optimize systems for maximum efficiency. I'm more focused on making sure people are feeling ok and maintaining harmony among everyone. We both want to bring our visions to life smoothly but those visions are focused on different things.

I guess a vague example is at my old workplace, an INTJ and I were going to order a product from someone we'd been communicating with. They were going to be a little pricier than their competitors but I wanted to go forward with it because we'd established this relationship with the vendor already. We'd built trust/rapport and I didn't want let them down.

The INTJ wanted to shop around further for something cheaper. When we are both seeking the solution to a problem, you will choose what's most efficient/effective, even if it makes some people unhappy. I will choose what keeps people as happy as possible, even if that means sacrificing some efficiency.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You seem to want to know a bit about other people so you can measure where you are in relation to them. I'll have a go.

You're an INTJ. I'm an INFJ. There are things between us that overlap and things that are very different. For instance, we both spend a LOT of time in our heads. We're both constantly thinking about the future, dreaming about it, planning for it, both short term and long term. We do this compulsively. We're not so good at simply living in the moment, or giving our full attention to the immediate world around us.

Where you (INTJ) and I (INFJ) differ is that many of your thoughts will be geared towards things/ideas and mine will be geared towards people/feelings. You want to solve problems and optimize systems for maximum efficiency. I'm more focused on making sure people are feeling ok and maintaining harmony among everyone. We both want to bring our visions to life smoothly but those visions are focused on different things.

I guess a vague example is at my old workplace, an INTJ and I were going to order a product from someone we'd been communicating with. They were going to be a little pricier than their competitors but I wanted to go forward with it because we'd established this relationship with the vendor already. We'd built trust/rapport and I didn't want let them down.

The INTJ wanted to shop around further for something cheaper. When we are both seeking the solution to a problem, you will choose what's most efficient/effective, even if it makes some people unhappy. I will choose what keeps people as happy as possible, even if that means sacrificing some efficiency.
Oh, I see! That does seem about right. I really don't care about people unless I personally know them. Thank you for giving me an example. I think I'm slowly getting it.

정말 고마워요, 혹시 한국분이세요?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Oh, I see! That does seem about right. I really don't care about people unless I personally know them. Thank you for giving me an example. I think I'm slowly getting it.

정말 고마워요, 혹시 한국분이세요?
No, I'm not Korean, haha. I just like Big Bang and a couple other kpop groups. Are you?

Also, MBTI is daunting and INTJs are one of the more complicated types so don't worry too much if it all takes a while to get!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, I'm not Korean, haha. I just like Big Bang and a couple other kpop groups. Are you?

Also, MBTI is daunting and INTJs are one of the more complicated types so don't worry too much if it all takes a while to get!
OK! I'll keep on reading.

I like Big-Bang but that's right before I left to NJ. Lmao, now I like anything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts