Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are we all athletes that are really into action movies?

Post your hobbies below. I'd like to know how much we vary in our types of hobbies.

Also, any other female ESTPs like me out there? :tongue:

Reactions: SilentScream

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
- Making music (keyboards)
- Rollerblading
- Driving
- I prefer sci-fi over action but I loved 90s action movies growing up
- I used to love watching sports (now I watch the WWE for my sports fix or some major sporting event that captures national interest)
- posting on forums (lots of variety of discussion there and I can post what I'm interested in at the time which is a pretty cool advantage of forum's)- politics, current events etc but it's something I can tune out if I want to

What else?

I was interested in photography for a while and then now im not lol. I wrote poetry when I was depressed for a bit. I ran a sex blog for a couple years. That's now all in my pile of stuff I did but no longer do.

I have varied interests that change from time to time. I'll be into books one day and then not the next. I'll like fiction and then suddenly switch to non fiction biographies. These days I'm reading manga but I'm sure that this won't last.

The only interest I've ever had consistently over my life has been WWE but consistent for me is watching for a year or so and then stopping and then picking up back again.

Consistency is not my thing.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Consistency was never my thing. My interests have stretched from academics to arts to athletics to...mixing the sweetest possible ice cream milkshake i could ever make by adding milk, diabetic amounts of sugar, syrup, 3 scoops of ice cream, and i don't know what.

It was fun to eat but i'm never doing that again. The internal type 1 is screaming!

I can't complain about sports, though - they're great and enjoyable and you can't complain about them unless you just don't want to get out of your house to play.
@Reap does that mean you can send me the link in private too? Or is it private for EVERYONE :v

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
It's private from everyone! I mean except my measly 750 followers lol.

It's a BDSM kink blog. Nothing special. We just tried some kinky shit and wrote about it for a while.

It's in the past.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
Btw, since we're on the topic do any of you ever think about the past and sort of have this weird feeling that it was just a dream. Impressions of what happened without the specifics and sometimes your interest changed so much that you can't even imagine that you were interested in it at one point?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's private from everyone! I mean except my measly 750 followers lol.

It's a BDSM kink blog. Nothing special. We just tried some kinky shit and wrote about it for a while.

It's in the past.
That's okay. I was just curious, i'm not into BDSM anyway

Maybe once or twice the dream thing happened to me, but more often was just not knowing if something was real or a dream. I was so traumatized by a teacher's violence against some students in our class (first grade) that i told my parents some things the teacher did, and they just laughed and said i was exaggerating. I think it was real but it also could've been a dream. It would've been easy to dream about something if similar things were constantly happening in my life.

Overall i can't remember dreams. Do you ever find remembering them difficult?

Reactions: someonesomeonehey

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
That's okay. I was just curious, i'm not into BDSM anyway

Maybe once or twice the dream thing happened to me, but more often was just not knowing if something was real or a dream. I was so traumatized by a teacher's violence against some students in our class (first grade) that i told my parents some things the teacher did, and they just laughed and said i was exaggerating. I think it was real but it also could've been a dream. It would've been easy to dream about something if similar things were constantly happening in my life.

Overall i can't remember dreams. Do you ever find remembering them difficult?
I know what you're getting at? I have similar experiences with confusion between dream and reality (but I always figured it was just PTSD) but I was more talking about having a bad memory for things happening years ago. Sort of impressions without details. I can't recall as well as some people who can tell you everything right down to the narrowest detail.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know what you're getting at? I have similar experiences with confusion between dream and reality (but I always figured it was just PTSD) but I was more talking about having a bad memory for things happening years ago. Sort of impressions without details. I can't recall as well as some people who can tell you everything right down to the narrowest detail.
I'm still young so it may be a few more years until i start to see the big glitches in my memory.

Nah, so far i can recall things pretty solidly, if not crystal-clear and down to the details.

·
Code Cracked
7,722 Posts
Btw, since we're on the topic do any of you ever think about the past and sort of have this weird feeling that it was just a dream. Impressions of what happened without the specifics and sometimes your interest changed so much that you can't even imagine that you were interested in it at one point?
Yes, mainly pertains to people though. Friends/Relationships

·
Code Cracked
7,722 Posts
Ya know you're quite literally the first person to have related even slightly to this aspect of my personality.
Well, you happen to explain a lot of my thought/behavior processes pertaining to questions asked on the forum.
; P Pipe down already :eek:h: <---my fav emoji also. I personally thanked the creators that added it somewhere else on the forum.

·
Banned
745 Posts
I don't have very many hobbies right now because I'm trying to focus on the steps I need to take to make a career change. Things I have been into:

1. Knitting. I've been doing this since I was a teenager, but I'm not consistent. I will get on a roll and knit several garments and then not knit for years. Rinse repeat.

2. Travel. I don't have the budget these days, but still love it

3. Home improvement projects. I've tackled a lot of projects in this area, but my biggest was installing laminate flooring in my last condo. At one point during that project I sliced my thumb open with an xacto knife and needed stitches. I wanted them to hurry up and stitch me up so I could get back to work on my project. I also gutted and redid the bathroom in that condo, among other things.

4. Cooking. Got into this a few years ago when I started a food blog. I stopped updating the blog, but still love to cook.

5. Photography. Picked this hobby up when I found an expensive lens that someone had accidentally forgotten at a local park. I tried to find its owner to no avail. I thought about selling the lens, but decided to use my credit card points to buy a camera instead. I started with an interest in portraiture, but eventually became proficient at food photography when I started my blog.

6. Working out. I enjoy doing kickboxing as a cardio workout, but think it would be even more fun to spar with a partner. I've lately gotten out of the habit of working out but am slowly getting back into it.

7. Hiking. Short-lived hobby because I was trying to combine it with photography. Too cumbersome. But too boring to do alone. My friends who hike live too far away and not sure that I want to deal with the pressure of carrying on a conversation for that length of time.

8. PerC. I suppose you could call that a hobby. Posting here satisfies my intellectual side.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
I have a new hobby I picked up a couple of years ago.

I'm enjoying playing forum mafia on another site. But now I'm creating and hosting my own games too. It's been really fun.

I did try playing it on here once but I couldn't get into it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like joking about the education system. Always a fun one.

Football (soccer) is one of my favourite hobbies, but i also like music and geography and history. I would like to play more video games but people are jerks and always stuff my life full of things i don't want to do lol

Reactions: Sensational

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
I would like to play more video games but people are jerks and always stuff my life full of things i don't want to do lol
Play single-player. I haven't played multiplayer since the early 2000's I think.

I got Far Cry 5 and I'm trying it, but I haven't played FPS's in nearly a decade and holy shit they've gotten harder over the years.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Play single-player. I haven't played multiplayer since the early 2000's I think.

I got Far Cry 5 and I'm trying it, but I haven't played FPS's in nearly a decade and holy shit they've gotten harder over the years.
Oh no i didn't mean people online, just people around me who give me a ton of work to do. I respond by putting in the least effort possible in some cases, but in most cases i'm just trying to survive.

Have you played Rocket League? I will never play that online in my life, i don't know why but it's very difficult for me. The most i will do is go to an EB Games store with my boyfriend and demolish him as many times as i can on the public PlayStation where they let us try games out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts