Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone has ever seen this connection, but we have four major personality types, and Hogwarts has four different houses.

Still, it's kind of hard to dispute which is which though.

NF- Hufflepuff/Gryfinddor?
SJ- Hufflepuff/ Gryfinddor?
SP-Hufflepuff/Gryfinddor?
NT-Ravenclaw/Slythereen?

???

·
Registered
751 Posts
I agree, though each house has members from all walks of life really (though the Slytherin do enjoy the Victorian snobbery.) Hermione to me strikes me a little like an SJ, Ron and SP and Harry probably the same (perhaps SP or NF.) Typing isn't my forte though, so it may be incorrect. But to me, each house has elements of multiple types which would allow for a degree of self-sufficiency. Perhaps in-fighting is avoided because each of the houses are kids and bullying is the worst that would occur. Just like real school.

I myself prefer LOTR myself. SJ = Gondor, SP = Rohan & Hobbits, NT = Dwarves and NF = elves. Each of the societies seem more uniform and less individualist, with more conformity.

As for Harry Potter though, I don't claim to know much about Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw (did Ravenclaw invent the moving stairs? That would be NT indeed) but why would it be exclusive only to NT?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Oh my god.
I was just thinking this last night.
But then I figured it didn't really match up.
If I had to put them in a final order, though:

NF- Hufflepuff
SJ- Slytherin
SP-Gryfinddor
NT-Ravenclaw

I'm an NT, and all the "which house do you belong to" quizzes I take online say I belong in Ravenclaw.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I don't think you can neatly match the houses to temperaments.

Hufflepuff: SJ, NF, SFP
Gryffindor: SP, NF
Ravenclaw: NT, INFx
Slytherin: NT, xSTP, xSTJ, I imagine Slytherin would have mostly T types

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
KAY SO WE FIGURED IT OUT

me - INFP - gryffindor
my best friend - INTP - ravenclaw
friend - ESFJ (type 2) - hufflepuff
friend - ESFJ (type 8) (omg , see?? the difference is in the enneagram :eek:) - slytherin

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I wonder if anyone has ever seen this connection, but we have four major personality types, and Hogwarts has four different houses.

Still, it's kind of hard to dispute which is which though.

NF- Hufflepuff/Gryfinddor?
SJ- Hufflepuff/ Gryfinddor?
SP-Hufflepuff/Gryfinddor?
NT-Ravenclaw/Slythereen?

???
I'm an ENFP and I remember taking those sorting hat thingies somewhere (a long one, I was reeeeally bored on lunch break), and I got stuck in Slytherin, by a -huge- margin.

There's your answer.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm an ENFP and I remember taking those sorting hat thingies somewhere (a long one, I was reeeeally bored on lunch break), and I got stuck in Slytherin, by a -huge- margin.

There's your answer.
That's not possible. :unsure:

Cou-Could it be? It must be the emergence of an

EVIL ENFP

Gasp!:shocked:

Oh god (pun intended).

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
That's not possible. :unsure:

Cou-Could it be? It must be the emergence of an

EVIL ENFP

Gasp!:shocked:

Oh god (pun intended).
pfft. nah.

Evil takes effort.

I'd consider myself more of a Grifyf...fuckspellingthatdor anyway. That way I can bang the red haired twins to hell and back.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Slytherin: Your unscrupulous neighbor who would fuck you over, excessively Machiavellianr. ENTP, ENTJ, INTJ,
Gryffindor: Ridiculously chivalrous and self righteous, likes to get into others' business. ESTJ, ESFJ, ISFJ, INFJ, ESTP
Hufflepuff: So ordinary, sociable and hard working they're not worth mentioning. ISFJ, ENFJ, ESTJ, ESFJ
Ravenclaw: Supposedly annoying know-it-alls, but aren't that visible thanks to Granger. Pompously proud of their stereotype.
INTJ, INFP, INTP, INFJ, ISFP (Cho Chang...?)

I'm just associating. Not diagnosing. I think the hogwarts houses is a pretty bad system to begin with. Gryffindor-Slytherin has more to do with morality than traits. Ravenclaw-Hufflepuff have little to do with morality, but more with traits. But none of them are mutually exclusive. JKR fails.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Gryffindor: NF. Come on, all that feel-good crap about courage, and doing the right thing...gotta be NF.

Hufflepuff: SP. They're the hard workers, and didn't Keirsey refer to the SP's as the "Artisans"?

Ravenclaw: NT. Duh.

Slytherin: SJ. Power-hungry.

At least, that's what I kept thinking when I was reading the series.
I do think there could definitely be some SJ's in Hufflepuff, though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Eh, I always get Slytherin in online quizzes. Just because we're hyper active and random doesn't mean we don't have a deep ambitious streak deep within our beings. We're like the covert agent actually. We come across as warm and fuzzy and we can hang out with you for hours but what you don't know is that we're taking notes on your every move so we can report back later in the common room. All in a days work.

...or is that just me? *taps mic* This thing on?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Just took the test and received Gryffindor also,I am an SP.

Gryffindor: Ridiculously chivalrous and self righteous, likes to get into others' business.
LOL this is "ridiculously" accurate for myself,though i do believe that any type may be chivalrous in such a degree as to be considered well for Gryffindor,though admittedly it would seem that some types are more so inclined than others..

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think the types can relate to all of the houses...but my first thoughts are...
INFJ/INFP/INTP/INTJRavenclaw
INFP/ISFP/ESFP/ Hufflepuff
ISTJ/INTP/INTJ/ESTJ/ENTP/ENTJ/ISTPSlytherin
INFP/ENFP/ENFJ/Gryffindor

1 - 16 of 16 Posts