Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About fun. I used to love travelling. New experiences that would turn into valuable memories on tought times. Stuff to extract energy later from. Vacations used to be the secondary climaxes in my life before, when I was still mobile.

The thread can be about different holiday memories ppl have. Good or embarrising, doesnt matter. Anything from places youd recommand ppl to visit to dream places youd like to touch at least once in life.

My best memories off all time was in Cyprus. We rented a place for just few days, but everyone that mattered back then was happy and enjoying themselves in the most simplest ways there are. We went to see the European side from the island, some got lightly drunk and just laughed like on weed some had discussions that would later change the lifes of those few some went bed early and took early swims. Really simple stuff in the perfect company is truly a fullfilment of any interval of time lived here on Earth.

During the years Ive also (co-)burned some okish amounts of money in Puerto Banus, Koh Samui, Hurghada, Madeira, Ibiza, Paris, Nissa, Milano and where not. Also did E-W of Europe with a bicycle with no money at all for a philantropy project, if Im ever eligible to mention that here. But the truly best vacation was that small one on that Island of Cyprus in small but perfect company of family & close friends. Because less is indeed more. Just let us have the intensity

If you ppl are willing to share memories in a nostalgic sense, go ahead

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I go to Honolulu, Hawaii every year for family reasons, but they're always memorable. They range from good sushi at the Ala Moana Shopping Center to swimming with the fishes at the North Shore to enjoying ox-tail soup at a local diner in the countryside.

Hawaii is just an idyllic place for a vacation...and I never get bored anytime I go there.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
My favorite trip I’ve been on was when I went to England with my family several years ago. London is such a cool city and it’s really incredible (as an American) to walk around and have half the buildings around you be the better part of a millennia old. I find the history of all those places in Europe fascinating. I loved seeing all the Medieval weaponry in the Tower of London and was shocked at how extravagant the Crown Jewels were.

We also went to Oxford and spent some time in the countryside. I remember being absolutely stunned by Stonehenge. It’s so amazing to be there and try to comprehend how it was constructed so precisely by such ancient people.

Other than Stonehenge my favorite was visiting an actual castle and getting to walk around.

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts
For several reasons (personal, professional, academic), I’ve had the opportunity to travel to several overseas destinations. I love travelling, esp. to places where one can literally sense the weight of the centuries in art, culture, food, architecture, folklore, etc.

·
Banned
619 Posts
I don't holiday, but I travel. Something of a slowly moving perpetual traveller, or a slo-mad.

I have a special affinity for sparsely populated foothills of great mountain ranges, the Himalayan foothills in particular... Other places worth a special mention would be Altai, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, North Kalimantan, Georgia/Abkhazia, the Balkans by and large, Snowdonia, Néouville in the Pyrenees and a Norwegian fjord or two. Haven't been to the New World yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts