Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made my bestest friends take the test and...ESTJ - sworn natural enemy of the INTP. :laughing:

It's a bit misleading though - she's only a slightly expressed E & T, and on the absolute cusp of S/N. The only thing strongly expressed is the J.

I had predicted she was IXTJ, and I still think that fits her much better. She's at least as much of an introvert as I am. I also think that her T preference is much stronger than her test results show.

Just goes to show, taking the test alone isn't always enough to get the right type.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Nah, most of the tests are flawed, they'll find a best fit.:laughing:

Anyhoo I work with an ESTJ, and although they are shockingly easy to wind up, I get on pretty well with her. :proud: She loves my humour.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
People test as what they want to be.

You fill out the test based on what you see and that will give you a closer answe.

·
Registered
429 Posts
My little sister tested as an ESTJ

Funny cuz I had her as ENFP, but she does express J alot now that I think about it.

We have a very similar sense of humour. We get along pretty well, when she's not being all moody and prickish about things.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very true - I don't think it's always a case of ego, but peoples perceptions of themselves can be quite different from how they actually are.

Regarding the extrrovert thing, when I think about it, my friend does have a remarkable tolerance for being around people 24/7. She doesn't seem to find it draining, yet at the same time she's pretty shy and has just a handful of close friends.

Funnily enough, my boyfriend is the opposite - he comes across as a major extrovert because he's very loud, confident and very much the "life of the party" kind of guy, yet at the same time he finds being around people draining.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I just made my bestest friends take the test and...ESTJ - sworn natural enemy of the INTP. :laughing:

It's a bit misleading though - she's only a slightly expressed E & T, and on the absolute cusp of S/N. The only thing strongly expressed is the J.

I had predicted she was IXTJ, and I still think that fits her much better. She's at least as much of an introvert as I am. I also think that her T preference is much stronger than her test results show.

Just goes to show, taking the test alone isn't always enough to get the right type.
And what happened when you woke up soaked with sweat? :laughing:

Reactions: TJSeabury

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
People test as what they want to be.

You fill out the test based on what you see and that will give you a closer answe.
Only works with extroverts, because you actually see their personality. Introverts have personas.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Awh.

I have quite a close ESTJ friend, I've known her since I was three. She's definitely the anti-me, but we mix well. She doesn't understand my eccentricity but finds it entertaining and accepts it. I can't stop laughing when she whips out bossy mode - I can't take it seriously. She accepts that too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts