Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is where I need to be, this is where I need to live, this is what I desire, I am despite for the comfort this place provides. Being broke sucks! :sad:

Where is your dreams, where is your hopes, where do you desire?!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I'm a world traveler in spirit and hope to always be so. Some places feel more like "home" than others, yes; like the one pretty awesome state in this crazy, backwards country where I've been lucky enough to grow up. Europe in general feels more like home to me in spirit and blood. I've felt homesick not infrequently since coming back from Northern Italy where a lot of my family is from (eagerly anticipating visiting again in a couple months). Yes, Venice feels like home in many ways. So does my architecture studio, though.

But I don't feel I belong any one place at all. I agree that home is where the heart is, but to me that phrase has always meant that home is more about feelings and human connections and non-tangible things instead of physical place. I'll always feel more natural and comfortable in some places than others, but home is the whole world and anywhere in it that I'm with someone or something I deeply love.

9,999 Posts
The rich bastards you hate are doing precisely that.

I grew up here and have since lived here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here.

None of those places are home. Home is mostly me co-existing somewhat peacefully with my self. And that is what I desire, or at least enough of a simulacrum thereof to write one bloody good book before I go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts