Personality Cafe banner

Homesickness

2699 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  yellowbritt
Hi I've just moved away to University and this is my first time being away from home for a long period of time and I'm incredibly homesick. I knew I would be, but it's much worse then I expected. I've met quite a few people that are not homesick at all and I was wondering how other INFJs felt about going off to University or college or just leaving home for a long time and how you coped. Thanks :)
Reactions: yellowbritt
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
I was really relieved to go to college even though I was only an hour away. I felt micromanaged and had heavy expectations held over me so the slightest distance was pleasant. Far enough to not be told what to do but clpse enough to reach out for help. The big thing about moving away was that I was free to express my bisexuality - the "half-gay" thing was definitely not kosher in the community I grew up in.

I suggest you get out of the dorm, house, whatever. The habits you begin now will follow you for many years to come. The hardest part is just getting off your ass and getting out the door. You don't have to interact with people but by doing activities you enjoy, you might come across somebody you might enjoy doing them with!
Posted via Mobile Device
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.