Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I want to make this short and sweet. But I know it won't be! I have been searching for my type for a long time now. I made a post like this before and was pinned as either an ESTJ or an ESFP but recently the tests have all been pointing towards ENTJ. So let me give you some hints and you guys can help me finally figure this out.

I am enneagram 3, 8 and 7. When I first took the mbti test when I was 14, I came up as INTJ. But in college my social skills improved and now I enjoy socializing a lot. I do think I am more on the extroverted side.

I am an engineer at a competitive university and almost all of my best friends are iN types. INFJ, INTP, ENFP, ENFJ except one ISTP and one awesome ESTP roommate. I really enjoy physical outdoorsy activities like rock climbing. I think I have a really creative streak that gives me a sense of humor that allows me to say things out of the blue that have people in stitches while I keep a straight face. However, I am not some amazingly charismatic persona. I can be awkward as anyone else, but I usually come across as arrogant opposed to shy. I can be a control freak, and I can lead.

Now for awhile I thought I was something like ISFP. I have an artistic side and I know how to make my clothes match. So if one of you guys were to tell me I am actually a feeling type or perceiving type I would not object completely.

Looking at cognitive process only confused me more. I feel like I Ni and Se are definitely a part of me but I could be wrong. I really can "connect" with my environment and I definitely have a dare-devil streak. I am assuming Te as my dominant but I cannot really comprehend the descriptions. It says I compartmentalize data, but it seems too vague and I can't monitor it like Se or Ni.

The ESTJ description looks like "boring worker drone". I am starting to wonder if mbti means anything to me. Still, I am sure I have a type and I would really appreciate to hear what you guys have to say. Ask me questions etc.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
@PursuitofVikings , it's difficult to determine from the information you've given. You've really just provided some basic history, not how you think, see the world, and make decisions.

If you'd like to be accurately typed then please fill out this form with those 3 points in mind (how you think, see the world, and make decisions):

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to submit the form soon.

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I never was sure of my type. I have gone between many different types now and I have decided that I cannot accurately determine my type by myself. I am no psychology major but I am sure that asking for a second opinion will help.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I "yearn" for a life that I can be proud of. I want to conquer a few select things in life and conquer them utterly. I want the obvious things that most people want like financial security, but I also want to know that I am a master in certain areas. These things range from hobbies to my chosen career path.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
There really has been no "finest" moment for me yet. I feel like my whole life I have been working towards success but I have only really begun to see what it is I want. I feel like I have grown in every step of my life. So to truly answer your question I would say that right now, I am at my finest. I am always evolving and coming closer and closer to my life goals.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Having a low status in a any group or team that I am involved with.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
When I make a decision, I usually look at the pros and cons. If its a decision that has to be made in respect to another person I try and be as logical as I can. I feel like when dealing with other people, it is only right to be logical. If the decision is purely for myself, I try and make sure that above all else the decision reflects my goals and who I am as a person. I do make some feeling decisions. I decided I would never smoke. There is no real logical reason for it, but I think it ultimately makes me feel like I am not falling in line with the person I want to be. It could be that I want to protect my image.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I like to be in charge because I know that if I am not in charge it means I have no idea what I am doing or what is going on. I naturally come into a leadership role on anything I am confident with.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I would have to say I have a very wide range of interests so this is a difficult one. My friends and I got lost on a hike once and we had to find the trail in pitch black and do some other bear-grylls style survival techniques. It was awesome. Second to that would be the party that we threw at our house. Again I won't go into detail, but we always throw the best parties that anyone has ever experienced. Ever.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
If I can understand the theory, I will learn the material best.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I do not look organized from the outside, but I actually do plan out my days. I would say I am organized, but when I have a real goal in mind I kick it into overdrive organize.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
As an engineering student I always try and use principles to explain things. Supportive information is a vague term. Could someone clarify with an example of the difference between these?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
The second one is definitely more me, but I do believe in making sure that everyone in a group is having a good time and being productive. I like the mood in a group to be one-upmanship, but I also like sophisticated/intellectual debates.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I prefer group discussions overall. Normally I speak before thinking, but sometimes I just get these awesome one liners and ideas that pop into my head and I hear myself saying them right before I actually say it. Usually to filter out the extremely weird or awkward "foot in mouth" things I might say. I also enjoy one-on-one discussion, but a balance of both is preferred.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I prefer to know where I am jumping. There are some times where I will just go for it because my impulsive ESTP friend convinces me.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I go out with my friends...unless I have been waiting for this episode for years.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Calm but extremely motivated to succeed. Sometimes I can get very intense when I am extremely stressed and nothing is going my way.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I dislike people who can not think from every angle. They only realize what they want to realize because THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH DAMNIT!

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Intellectual debates, what-if scenarios, plans for the future, previous adventures, other people. I also enjoy talking about my hobbies with close friends who appreciate them.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
I pay the least attention to politics and the news. I love economics but the amount of useless information that comes out of the news means I just don't have time to sort though it all.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My friends see me as an interesting and humorous person that is friendly, confident, that has unique tastes, is down to earth, but sometimes a bit strange and unpredictable. My parents have told me I am not appreciative enough of them when I was a teenager and they probably feel that way a little bit still. I have gotten much better!

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Videogames, rock climbing, surfing, going to town with friends, partying. Edit: This is a typical "free" day. I go after more intellectual pursuits when I have LOTS of free time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts