Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before we go on, this is the best 'definition' i can find about the hopeless romantic.

Hopeless Romantic:

1: A person who daydreams about romantic occasions and dreams of chances where he/she will be able to perform a romantic act to their love, yet never gets the chance to.

2: This person is in love with love. They believe in fairy tales and love. They're not to be confused as stalkers or creepy because that's not what a hopeless romantic is. All hopeless romantics are idealists, the sentimental dreamers, the imaginative, and the fanciful when you get to know them. They often live with rose colored glasses on. They make love look like an art form with all the romantic things they do for their special someone.

3. A hopeless romantic is not the same as a hopeless flirter. A hopeless romantic dreams of who they will spend the rest of their life with and what the two of them will do together. They want to be romanced with sweet simple things and the thoughtful amazing surprises. They dream of being loved but also loving somebody. They don't just want somebody to hold them, they also want to hold someone. They realize that love isn't just about one person but both people, they are hopelessly in love with being loved AND loving back.

4. Someone that thinks of love passionately.

5. A hopeless romantic is one who looks for the a singular person on this world that makes their world come together. They are indeed looking for the man or woman of their dreams. As a result, they prefer not to live in reality. The hopeless romantic knows the reality of love is that reality has no business being in love. This is why they will often perform grandiose gestures that may be seen as unsettling or borderline crazy to non-romantics. But to the fellow few romantics, these same gestures will be adored as beautifully and obscenely quixotic. And such is the "hope" of the hopeless romantic- to not only find the one who loves receiving such love, but loves giving such love. And the true hopeless romantic would always rather give than receive. Because they know then and only then, will there be true love.
Source.
(Agree? Disagree?)

^Which one are you? Or all? Lol.
Are you a hopeless romantic and what do you think of them?

Look! There's even a test! \o/
Hopeless Romantic Test

(Let's not make this specifically about type {like this type can't be a hopeless romantic because they're not supposed to have feelings, etc} but if so then, this should be INFP friendly :tongue:)

Have fun.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The test seems to be better if you had a partner.
But since i never did, i just went with the best one..

I got 53 in the test.
According to your score, you are what we'd call a "borderline romantic". Although you're not the type who will go all out in the romance department, you do enjoy the occasional gesture of love. Romance in moderation is perfectly fine, and doesn't mean that you can't experience love and relationships as deeply as your more "romantic" friends. However, problems may arise if you are with someone who is either more or less romantic than you. If you look forward to Valentine's Day to express your love and your partner doesn't even acknowledge it as a special day, you might end up feeling neglected or your efforts unappreciated. On the other hand, if your partner is more of a hopeless romantic, she/he might end up feeling a little hurt when you don't show as much enthusiasm for romance as she/he does.
If too much or too little romance really is an issue for you, you may want to find a partner whom you are compatible with on this level. Keep in mind however, that this isn't a fundamental difference that must determine who you should get involved with.
^I don't know if it's true but somewhat.

As for me, i'm mostly like number 1, somewhat number 3.
I prefer to keep things simple so surprise/gift thing doesn't work for me but i welcome it.

I admit that i've ever fallen to the dark side of number 4 but i'm glad i got over it lol /limerence.

Do share! So at least i'm not that hopeless after all!

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
I'm an 1, 3, and 5.

I got 67/100 on the test.

According to your score, you are a bit of a hopeless romantic. Rose petals, poignant poetry, tall glasses of wine, touching moments, and sweet words are all loving gestures that you enjoy receiving as well as offering. Romance is fairly important to you, and likely an aspect that you consider fundamental in relationships. Keep in mind however, that problems may arise if you are with someone who really isn't the romantic type. If you look forward to Valentine's Day to express your love and your partner doesn't even acknowledge it as a special day, you might end up feeling neglected or your efforts unappreciated. Nevertheless, even if your partner isn't as romantically inclined as you are, try to be appreciative of his/her efforts when she/he does try to woo you. Some people aren't comfortable displaying their affection in screamingly obvious ways, but this doesn't mean that they don't care ? they simply prefer to be more subtle. Whether it's you or your partner who is doing the romancing, check out the ideas in the Advice section for some simple and sweet romantic gestures that aren't tough on the wallet or too overwhelming.

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
90!
According to your score, you are romance typified! Rose petals, poignant poetry, tall glasses of wine, touching moments, and sweet words are all loving gestures that you love to receive as well as offer. Romance is very important to you, and quite likely an aspect that you consider fundamental in relationships. Keep in mind however, that problems may arise if you are with someone who really isn't the romantic type. If you look forward to Valentine's Day to express your love and your partner doesn't even acknowledge it as a special day, you might end up feeling neglected or your efforts unappreciated. Nevertheless, even if your partner isn't as romantically inclined as you are, try to be appreciative of his/her efforts when she/he does try to woo you. Some people aren't comfortable displaying their affection in screamingly obvious ways, but this doesn't mean that they don't care ? they simply prefer to be more subtle. Whether it's you or your partner who is doing the romancing, check out the ideas in the Advice section for some simple and sweet romantic gestures that aren't tough on the wallet or too overwhelming.

·
Banned
2,697 Posts
I fit all 5 definitions provided by the OP.

And I got 93/100 on the test:
"According to your score, you are romance typified! Rose petals, poignant poetry, tall glasses of wine, touching moments, and sweet words are all loving gestures that you love to receive as well as offer. Romance is very important to you, and quite likely an aspect that you consider fundamental in relationships. Keep in mind however, that problems may arise if you are with someone who really isn't the romantic type. If you look forward to Valentine's Day to express your love and your partner doesn't even acknowledge it as a special day, you might end up feeling neglected or your efforts unappreciated. Nevertheless, even if your partner isn't as romantically inclined as you are, try to be appreciative of his/her efforts when she/he does try to woo you. Some people aren't comfortable displaying their affection in screamingly obvious ways, but this doesn't mean that they don't care ? they simply prefer to be more subtle. Whether it's you or your partner who is doing the romancing, check out the ideas in the Advice section for some simple and sweet romantic gestures that aren't tough on the wallet or too overwhelming."​

That's the story of my life. The only reason I didn't get higher was because I'm an existential nihilist, and I don't believe in fate or destiny.

·
Banned
2,697 Posts

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
I am 4 and 5.
And my score is 51..

Also, INFPs are delicious.

;P
Its cuz you eat them. That's what the wolf part is for.

I got 70, which surprised me since I'm not romantic at all. I'm pretty sure being romantic means having some level of monogamous nature about you.

not me... :D

·
THE IRON GIANT
10,129 Posts
^Which one are you? Or all? Lol.
Are you a hopeless romantic and what do you think of them?
4. Someone that thinks of love passionately.
^^^ this one most of all, though there are elements of the rest I like.

I got 84 in the test. I was surprised at how high I rated, and how many checkboxes I ticked in the list of "things I've done for a partner": all of them but one.

:shocked:

According to your score, you are romance typified! Rose petals, poignant poetry, tall glasses of wine, touching moments, and sweet words are all loving gestures that you love to receive as well as offer. Romance is very important to you, and quite likely an aspect that you consider fundamental in relationships. Keep in mind however, that problems may arise if you are with someone who really isn't the romantic type. If you look forward to Valentine's Day to express your love and your partner doesn't even acknowledge it as a special day, you might end up feeling neglected or your efforts unappreciated. Nevertheless, even if your partner isn't as romantically inclined as you are, try to be appreciative of his/her efforts when she/he does try to woo you. Some people aren't comfortable displaying their affection in screamingly obvious ways, but this doesn't mean that they don't care ? they simply prefer to be more subtle. Whether it's you or your partner who is doing the romancing, check out the ideas in the Advice section for some simple and sweet romantic gestures that aren't tough on the wallet or too overwhelming.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Its cuz you eat them. That's what the wolf part is for.

I got 70, which surprised me since I'm not romantic at all. I'm pretty sure being romantic means having some level of monogamous nature about you.

not me... :D
I do, in fact, eat them *confesses*

Well, depends on your definition of 'romantic'. And 'monogamy'.

Really, an INFP with no level of monogamous nature about you?
Queer indeed.

I don't go around relationshipping, but if I do, then I do.
That's what the wolf part is for.
;P

1 - 20 of 79 Posts